Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Lost have anything worth discussing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Lost have anything worth discussing now?

I think it's a show with some mystery to it but it seems like everywhere I go, Lost discussion seems to be at an all time low. So is there anything worth discussing about Lost?
    Back from the grave.

You could talk about the actors maybe? what there doing now?

It could be moved to the show archive section to make room for new shows maybe?
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

You could visit my Lost review thread.
      Or you could discuss what on earth was Jacob's cabin.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Well... Jacob's cabin was something that he built as a place of residence in the middle of the island before he decided to move to the Statue foot. He may have decided to move to a cabin (that was obviously going to be built by Horace Goodspeed) and his wife to provide a sense of friendliness to the Island (meaning random people who encounter the cabin would find someone who knows about the Island and is not hostile). At least that's what I think... I mean why is it that Jacob would abandon the cabin and move back to the foot and let The Man in Black inhabit the cabin all willy nilly? Surely it has to do with a lack of people on the island right?
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Jacob's Cabin was obviously something that the writers changed their minds about after introducing it, so it's just a plothole. Both the behavior of the cabin and Ben's dialogue about it no longer make sense.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

well... in our library a girl watched an episode from seasons four of LOST...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              Jacob's Cabin was obviously something that the writers changed their minds about after introducing it, so it's just a plothole. Both the behavior of the cabin and Ben's dialogue about it no longer make sense.
              Ben stated in a later season that he made up the dialogue in the cabin and thought it was abandoned. He was just as surprised when hell broke loose as Locke was.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                Well... Jacob's cabin was something that he built as a place of residence in the middle of the island before he decided to move to the Statue foot. He may have decided to move to a cabin (that was obviously going to be built by Horace Goodspeed) and his wife to provide a sense of friendliness to the Island (meaning random people who encounter the cabin would find someone who knows about the Island and is not hostile). At least that's what I think... I mean why is it that Jacob would abandon the cabin and move back to the foot and let The Man in Black inhabit the cabin all willy nilly? Surely it has to do with a lack of people on the island right?
                I doubt very much that Jacob built the cabin. Horace built it, then died and Mibby took over. I don't think Jacob ever was in that cabin.
                Next question: Did Eko say "You're next" or "I saw the Devil". Personally, I heard the latter.
                Third question: "Has anyone here played the Lost video game"?

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  Ben stated in a later season that he made up the dialogue in the cabin and thought it was abandoned. He was just as surprised when hell broke loose as Locke was.
                  Yes he did. And that makes no sense when you look back at the original scene. It was clearly an example of them changing their minds about something.

First of all the cabin was one of those magical "island things" because it disappeared and reappeared to different people.

Second, Ben specifically warns Locke not to bring his flashlight into the cabin. The fact that crazy things started happening after exactly what Ben warned him not to do is too convenient to be a coincidence to me.

Thirdly, when Ben shoots Locke right after they first leave the cabin, he asked what Jacob said to him, and is clearly interested in what the answer was. After John told him what he siad he reacted like he was jealous that Locke actually heard something. If he was just pretending and didn't think there was actually anyone there, neither of those things would be what happened.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Thirdly, when Ben shoots Locke right after they first leave the cabin, he asked what Jacob said to him, and is clearly interested in what the answer was. After John told him what he siad he reacted like he was jealous that Locke actually heard something. If he was just pretending and didn't think there was actually anyone there, neither of those things would be what happened.
                    Benjamin didn't think there was someone in the cabin when he took Locke there. And I think that a combination of being pushed against the wall by an invisible force, the fact that Ben saw that Locke heard something and the hell breaking loose can make you think that someone's inside the cabin and if not Jacob, then who?
                    Ben began believing Jacob was in the cabin after the two left.

Comment

The Island is full of crazy crap. It could literally be anything. I'd think even on the island that he'd think the odds are pretty astronomical that he'd taken Locke to see the very thing he was pretending to show him. That coupled with the fact that the cabin seemed to change from a supernatural cabin to a normal cabin as the show progressed really makes it look to me that initially they were going with one idea, and then changed it as the show went on.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Ben: "What did Jacob say to you"?
                        Maybe it wasn't Jacob, fine. But after the hell breaking loose and Locke hearing sth, I think that Ben himself believed that Locke had really seen Jacob.

Personally, I wished they hadn't screwed up the cabin storyline, it was really well done.

Comment

Another thing worth discussing is the Season 3 theme for the Others(later Ben's theme) Dharmacide.

Comment

the answer is no.

Comment

Come on, it was the best Lost music.
                              Well, how about the Locke vs Jack rivalry?
                              Or my awesome theory about the whispers?

Comment

Working...
                              X