Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Lost have anything worth discussing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rushy View Post
    Or my awesome theory about the whispers?
    What was your theory about the whispers; I thought they were something conjured up by the Island, didn't know who or what they were but I did know that the Island makes weird stuff happen so yeah...
    Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
      What was your theory about the whispers; I thought they were something conjured up by the Island, didn't know who or what they were but I did know that the Island makes weird stuff happen so yeah...
      Well, we do know from Season 6 that the Whispers are souls like Michael that couldn't move on because of bad things. Now, my theory is that the whisper-ghosts degrade as time goes on. That woulde explain the recorded senseless behaviour(people record what whispers say) and the fact that only people who have been dead for a few years max actually appear(minus Isabella). The older a "whisper" gets, the more it deteriorates and possibly blends with other whispers. Eventually, nothing is left but a bunch of demented memories. Or just pure insanity. Degradation explains why Duckett's voice was much more clear than others. The degradation is slow and causes whisper-ghosts to start thinking with their memories rather than their own head(like memories coming alive). That is why some ghosts always argue and some try to do good stuff. Also, it explains recorded comments like "my eye hurts". The mingled memories don't know that they are whispers. So they just end up as crazy talking memories. Another theory is that the whisper-ghosts are echoes, not real souls, mere memories who develop into real entities. Some are good, some are bad. In the Man Behind the Curtain episode, Ben's voice is heard in the whispers. His whisper-dialogue came from a dead guy's memories.

I bet you didn't understand anything. The point is: they are degrading echoes who end up as crazy demented memories. That is why the ghost-characters have somewhat different personalities. They have begun to mingle.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

the whispers were explained.
        i don't remember what they were though its been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          "Has anyone here played the Lost video game"?
          Lost: Via Domus?

Was a decent game but way too short for me, think I completed it in around 7 hours.

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          the whispers were explained.
          i don't remember what they were though its been a while.
          According to Lostpedia: When people die around the Island but cannot "move on" to the next stage, they remain as whispers, watching or trying to communicate with the living. Characters often hear them when in peril, or when the Others or the Monster are near. The deceased whisperers can appear in their physical form only to a select few. Hurley discovered their nature when the long-dead Michael appeared to him to guide him.

Comment

My Lost: Via Domus won't work unless I find a new video card(damn). Sounds like an awesome game though. MUST play it. (I've heard there's a mobile game too).
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I've heard of Lost: Via Domus but reviews discouraged me from buying the game; it does sound good though, maybe I'll get a copy for myself to try out.
              Back from the grave.

Comment

Don't be discouraged.
                Basically: You're an amnesiac survivor who explores the contents of the first three seasons in a Resident Evil-style game. You talk and trade with famous Lost characters and you get to visit most of the DHARMA stations, meet Mikhail, Ben and Juliet, and let's not forget the flashbacks where you recover your memory.

Comment

Lost has something worth discussing. Does anybody enjoy the DVD Easter eggs?

Comment

Hello?

Comment

Working...
                    X