No announcement yet.

GRIMM - Images, videos, etc. SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting, I hadn't made the connection between "The Other Side" and "Pinocchio"

'Grimm:' The story behind 'The Other Side' episode

Spoiler:
    The eighth episode of "Grimm" aired on Oct. 19 and featured an opening quotation from a story that almost everyone knows. Though the story has been adapted through the years by the likes of Tolstoy and Disney, the "Grimm" version of "Pinocchio" is slightly more grim than the rest. The tale of a lonely woodcarver who wanted a boy of his own was the inspiration for the episode that featured a return of the Lowen and introduced viewers to the Genio Innocuo.

"I thought of making myself a beautiful wooden marionette. It must be wonderful, one that can dance, fence and turn somersaults."

The quote that opened "The Other Side" was taken from Carlo Collodi's novel about Geppetto and his wooden son Pinocchio. "The Adventures of Pinocchio" first appeared in print from 1881-1883 as a serial. It was in 1883 that it was developed into a story for children. However, it is the Disney animated film from 1940 that most think of when hearing the name Pinocchio. The film happens to be on the list of Top Ten Disney Animated Films.
    These animated masterpieces are loved by people of all ages.

In the "Grimm" episode inspired by Pinocchio there were no fairies, no noses growing when one lied or a talking cricket named Jiminy that served as a moral guide. In fact, in this version of the story, it's a mother who does the meddling and not a father. It's also through the choices the mother has made that all the terrible circumstances arise and not the boy's decisions.

In her effort to have the perfect son, in her eyes anyway, Dr. Higgins (Mary Page Keller) tweaked her son's genes while she was still pregnant with him. She is a geneticist and a Genio Innocuo. Her species is normally non-violent, compassionate and highly intelligent. But she wanted her son Pierce (Logan Miller) to be successful and competitive, so she spliced his Genio Innocuo DNA with that of a Lowen. Lowen, as many know, are violent, highly competitive and aggressive. What she did was take matters into her own hands and turn her son into a Genio Innocuo with Lowen traits. It proved to be a deadly combination.

Just like in the story that inspired this episode of "Grimm," the original ending of Collodi's tale "The Adventures of Pinocchio," ended rather grimly as well. Pinocchio is hanged for all the trouble he has caused and crimes he has committed. However, Collodi's editor urged him to think about his ending and more chapters were added that introduced the Fairy with the Turquoise Hair. She rescues the live puppet, turns him into a real boy and Pinocchio learns the error of his ways.

source: http://www.examiner.com/article/grim...r-side-episode
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Well, it only hit you right in the face. Never read the opening lines? That was from Pinocchio *wondering when they will come up with The little Mermaid*. So we definetely out of the "only" Grimm-world. Pinocchio IS a fairytale, but not written down by the Brothers Grimm. And, as far as I know, it also isn't as old as the "Kinder- und Hausmärchen" ... just two seconds ... nope, Pinocchio was released in 1881.
      I have to say, for me it didn't work. I knew where they tried to go to but ... maybe they should have used another line from another novel - you know, Frankenstein or maybe from Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. Would have made more sense to me.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

nice pic

https://twitter.com/i/#!/BitsieTullo...FRO874oP8HB%2F
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Comment

NBC is fast this time: some promo-pics for 2.10 are already up *iz going back to her bed now ...*

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
            NBC is fast this time: some promo-pics for 2.10 are already up *iz going back to her bed now ...*
            Despite looking like a potentially interesting episode, the pics were disappointing. Course, I'm a spoiler-holic and I wished they would have showed a bit of spoilers with the pics, lol.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Well, after fallen three times in a row to the misleadings NBC is doing with the pomos I try to keep my interest low. But ... serial killer? Godness, I'm still freaking out about that. My theme since (yes, it is this long *iz nodding*) childhooddays. The first time I watched "Es geschah am hellichten Tag" with Heinz Rühmann and Gerd Fröbe I was about ... six or seven years old - and was hooked by the the theme.

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

First look is out *squee!*.

What scares Wesen?

OMG! They have their own fairytales! Monroe's the best *laughs behind her tears*

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                  Well, after fallen three times in a row to the misleadings NBC is doing with the pomos I try to keep my interest low. But ... serial killer? Godness, I'm still freaking out about that. My theme since (yes, it is this long *iz nodding*) childhooddays. The first time I watched "Es geschah am hellichten Tag" with Heinz Rühmann and Gerd Fröbe I was about ... six or seven years old - and was hooked by the the theme.
                  Yeah.. I'm just.. Well, I'm hoping that they don't let Nick out of this one unscathed like they seem to always do, you know?

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

have a look at this slideshow - Monroe's Halloween House

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/photos/hall...70#item=262999
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

WHAT? Oh my! My darkest nightmares seems to come true ...

Another sneak pic.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, they seem to have more chemistry than Nick and Juliette ever had....*shrugs*
                        Sorry, still not a fan of Juliette...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

no please no

I so hope that Nick goes all Grimm on Renard and not even Hank will be able to stop him. There are a lot of weapons in the trailer he has never used. Renard would be the right guy he can use them on

I think everyone knows now what I think about Renard/Juliette ......
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Comment

No Sean is not the one to blame. Godness, I so hope Nick will put Adalind on the top of a stake right after torturing her and giving some of her own medicine back to her!
                            Really, I kinda liked Adalind in season 1, weird I know, but from what we've seen so far from and about her in season 2 ... my, I would assist Nick kill her for what she'd done to him!
                            And with that ... I'm back in a half-life *yawns*. But would anyone please explain to me WHEN the door to my sleeping room was opened ? I woke up and it stood wide open and I KNOW I closed it!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

mi_guard: I am not saying I want them together I just never believed that Nick and Juliette were almost a married couple. NOW, when they started from the beginning, get to know each other again (or better, Juliette to know Nick) it is much more interesting and fun.
                              I think that when Adelind gets back, and after Renard reveals himself, we will see Nick all "grimmed up". He won´t kill them (why to lose two interesting characters?) but I would be very curious about Renard, whose side he would be on (probably Nick´s...for now) and how it all will mix with relationships. I just wish they could speed it up a little. If it was up to me, I would lose the "case of the week" but it is part of the show and also it actually is a BIG part of it, but still, to keep it on minimum (like, every fourth episode) or longer cases, that would be nice.

EDIT: Another, and by far the most interesting sneak peek...Nick will be in trouble again...
                              http://www.screenspy.com/tv/third-sn...hour-of-death/
                              Last edited by Klenotka; 01 November 2012, 12:10 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Adalind - I love her! I know she's a "bad guy" but I still love her character and wish they would have her more on the show.

Renard/Juliette, Nick/Juliette, Juliette - I don't like Juliette as a stand alone character because she is too nice! However, I like her with Nick because she makes him happy; I like the idea of them starting over and getting to know one another again and thus letting the audience get to know them as a couple again. I like the twist of Renard and Juliette but nothing more; I like the drama it brings but I don't think the writers seriously plan to take things further, imo.

"Grimming out" - Not gonna happen! Not while Renard remains Nick's boss; I don't see him crossing that line yet - though he might contemplate it and fantasize about it

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X