Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over There, Part 2 (223)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Over There, Part 2 (223)

    Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    OVER THERE, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 223

    Olivia approaches her other self for help in rescuing Peter, who has been asked by his father to aide in a project with far-reaching consequences. Walter and Bell reunite to find a way to open the door back home.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; December 23, 2013, 03:24 PM.

    #2
    Thanks for opening the thread.

    This season finale was amazing. Season 3 really can't come soon enough.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

    Comment


      #3
      I completely agree, a stunner!

      What troubles me is that its fan base seems small, however we are dedicated. For instance, where are all the fans on GateWorld? Is it just you, me and a small handful of others? Seriously, this show is great, and superior to several shows with threads on here, some of them I hesitate to mention for fear of reprisal, but it's true none the less.

      How did they miss Olivia!!? Fools! Now, poor thing, she's holed up in confinement suffering who knows what. Surely Peter and/or Liv's sister and niece will expose her. Also, Leonard Nemoy is a joy to have for the entire episode, in the flesh! I truly hope he did not die. It looks like deliberate ambiguity to keep the option open.

      I'm overjoyed that a third season has been commissioned, but seriously, where are the viewers? If the show doesn't start to get an average up past 7/8 there may be problems.
      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        1) So Peter is back where he belongs, but Olivia is trapped. I saw that switch coming a mile away but hoped I was wrong (I guess I don't like plot twists to be quite so obvious). I hope they don't drag that out too long next season. If Olivia has the power to jump between universes, couldn't she just jump back? Or maybe she has to be in a certain place? That makes me think though - how could Alt!Olivia open the door? Are we supposed to assume the cortexiphan experiments happened in that universe too?

        2) I like the relationship between Olivia and Peter though - it's just quiet and understated but there.

        3) William Bell is gone now - it was great to see Nimoy one last time. I hate to lose him but I knew someone was going to die and I was afraid it would be Walter or Peter or even Astrid (I figured Olivia was safe). Too bad they killed off the other cortexiphan kids so quickly though.

        4) I'm not seeing any chatter about it, but what did Bell mean when he told Peter "I'm surprised to see you holding up so well." I'm thinking there's something wrong with Peter that we will find out next season

        5) I'm grateful that we get one more season of this show, but judging by the ratings I hope the writers treat this next season as the last and write an appropriate wrap up to the story. I'm enjoying the show, but I still have this uneasy fear that sooner or later I'm going to be left hanging without any resolution.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

        Comment


          #5
          I enjoyed it, but I thought the twist was very obvious.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by KEK View Post
            I enjoyed it, but I thought the twist was very obvious.
            It was not so obvious to me. I only figured when Olivia asked for a typewriter... I am a bit dissapointed, because red hair`s Olivia should not able to jump...
            The show is great.
            As it stated before me I would love to read more review from people too. I am sure Fringe has the same amount of funs than V, Universe.....

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by KEK View Post
              I enjoyed it, but I thought the twist was very obvious.
              Kind of obvious or not, it was still exciting to watch IMO. I can't wait to see how they plan to get her back (when they find out, that is).
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

              Comment


                #8
                Yea that plot twist was obvious, I knew it from the scene where our Olivia changes her hair colour.

                Other then that, the finale was really good. Seems like there's lots of great story lines that can be explored in season 3. I want to see the interaction between Peter and alternate Olivia, I think he will be the one to spot the difference.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  So is was really getting excited about part 1 tonight. So there I was, pressing my sky remote to go to sky planner so I can watch CSI LV which I taped and noticed that Fringe wasn't on the list. Strange, I thought cause I have it on so it tapes automatically each week. So I went to sky one in TV guide and what happened? LOST is on instead. Bloody LOST, the last two eps. It was only on at the blinkin' weekend oh I am angry with sky All I can say is thank goodness LOST is finished for good.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    So is was really getting excited about part 1 tonight. So there I was, pressing my sky remote to go to sky planner so I can watch CSI LV which I taped and noticed that Fringe wasn't on the list. Strange, I thought cause I have it on so it tapes automatically each week. So I went to sky one in TV guide and what happened? LOST is on instead. Bloody LOST, the last two eps. It was only on at the blinkin' weekend oh I am angry with sky All I can say is thank goodness LOST is finished for good.
                    I hope you got to watch it before you got on here, because this thread is full of spoilers!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      I hope you got to watch it before you got on here, because this thread is full of spoilers!
                      I wad a good girl, I haven't read the rest of the thread I just needed to vent my frustration
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        So is was really getting excited about part 1 tonight. So there I was, pressing my sky remote to go to sky planner so I can watch CSI LV which I taped and noticed that Fringe wasn't on the list. Strange, I thought cause I have it on so it tapes automatically each week. So I went to sky one in TV guide and what happened? LOST is on instead. Bloody LOST, the last two eps. It was only on at the blinkin' weekend oh I am angry with sky All I can say is thank goodness LOST is finished for good.
                        I hate when that happens!!! BBC 2 used to be extra bad for that, tuning in for my favourite Sci Fi show and finding snooker or some other inane form of 'entertainment' on instead!!! I understand your pain!!! It happened last Friday to me when I tuned in to watch SGU on the SPACE channel here and there was a horror movie on, I hate horror movies!!!! Grrrr.

                        As for the season finale, pretty obvious. I wonder why alternate versions of various heroes always have to be scarred, careworn and with some kind of chip on their shoulders'!!!! It disappointed me a bit to see this approach being used on Fringe, I thought there would be something a bit more original with the portrayal of their alternate selves.

                        Leonard Nimoy was a joy to watch though, his character and Walter bickering even as everything was going on around them. I'm hoping we do see him again too, it would be interesting to find out more about what they did together and why Walter asked that parts of his brain were removed.

                        I'm betting 'our' reality's Olivia escapes, that scene while expected was so sad, to see her locked away in the dark. I'm thinking that she is going to use her 'powers' to get out. The image of the blasted room with the child size clear bit of wall comes to mind. If she's pushed to the limit I think she will reach the potential her powers can reach and exact vengeance on the alternate Walter for locking her up like that, and then go get her counterpart. Next season's going to be fun!

                        I'm glad that this show didn't go the way of only two seasons and then dropped when it has so much more to tell us like some other good shows with great characters and ideas that were dropped. Even if season 3 is the last, at least they can go out with the bang this show deserves.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          I hate when that happens!!! BBC 2 used to be extra bad for that, tuning in for my favourite Sci Fi show and finding snooker or some other inane form of 'entertainment' on instead!!! I understand your pain!!! It happened last Friday to me when I tuned in to watch SGU on the SPACE channel here and there was a horror movie on, I hate horror movies!!!! Grrrr.

                          As for the season finale, pretty obvious. I wonder why alternate versions of various heroes always have to be scarred, careworn and with some kind of chip on their shoulders'!!!! It disappointed me a bit to see this approach being used on Fringe, I thought there would be something a bit more original with the portrayal of their alternate selves.

                          Leonard Nimoy was a joy to watch though, his character and Walter bickering even as everything was going on around them. I'm hoping we do see him again too, it would be interesting to find out more about what they did together and why Walter asked that parts of his brain were removed.

                          I'm betting 'our' reality's Olivia escapes, that scene while expected was so sad, to see her locked away in the dark. I'm thinking that she is going to use her 'powers' to get out. The image of the blasted room with the child size clear bit of wall comes to mind. If she's pushed to the limit I think she will reach the potential her powers can reach and exact vengeance on the alternate Walter for locking her up like that, and then go get her counterpart. Next season's going to be fun!

                          I'm glad that this show didn't go the way of only two seasons and then dropped when it has so much more to tell us like some other good shows with great characters and ideas that were dropped. Even if season 3 is the last, at least they can go out with the bang this show deserves.
                          Ah yes, I remember BBC2 for that Especially with DS9 or The X-Files, they used to do it all the time.

                          I saw part one and wow does this show ever do a bad ep? Well I don't count the musical extravaganza cause I believe that was them just being silly Oh I can't wait till next week to see part two....*jumps up and down excitedly* Unless they replace it with the gazillionth repeat of the LOST finale that is

                          Oh I hope it doesn't end on too much of a cliffie. I hate cliffies Mind you, not as much as I hate them taking a 3 month break half way through a season It's times like that I still wish the UK were months behind the US so we didn't have to endure that too
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I think you are in for a real treat.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I think you are in for a real treat.
                              Really? Awesome I just love this show so much it ain't real
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X