• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Betty (220)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    BROWN BETTY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 220

Asked to help babysit Olivia’s niece, Walter tells her a musical noir tale about a private detective hired to investigate the theft of a powerful glass heart … by one Peter Bishop.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 December 2013, 02:20 PM.

I think the producers were on some Brown Betty when they decided to go ahead with this episode. Can't believe this is how they chose to follow up on such an amazing episode last week.
    sigpic

Comment

As I've been saying for a while now...the episode was lame and extremely painful to watch. Fringe has always had excellent stories until this episode. Really?...Well...at least Fifth will be happy that I gave it a chance...
      sigpic

Comment

I did enjoy the singing corpses though.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked it when Walter sang Tears for Fears.

Comment

My main problem with it is the manner in which they chose to execute it. I mean this is a sci-fi series, and the best they could come up with is Walter telling Olivia's niece a story? Watching Anna Torv try to sing was pretty painful too.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              As I've been saying for a while now...the episode was lame and extremely painful to watch. Fringe has always had excellent stories until this episode. Really?...Well...at least Fifth will be happy that I gave it a chance...
              Yeah, you did give it a shot. Definitely not Fringe's finest hour.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I know Fringe is bizarre, but usually it's cleverly bizarre! This was just..... babbling bizarre! I suppose we could look at it as really going inside Walter's 'head', that's the only way I was able to make 'sense' of this episode, if indeed there was any sense to be made of it!

Really.....really.....didn't need the 'singing'! Made me feel like someone was running their fingernails down a blackboard!

I did like how modern technology was made to look 1940 'ish in the '40's setting. That was the only thing I enjoyed about this episode, and of course the multi coloured patches on the cow in the story!

What was with that 'heart' thing?!! Definitely not in Kansas anymore!

Anyone else expected 'Teal'c - Private Investigator' to step through that door as Walter started to tell his story?!

Comment

Haha...I really liked it.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

not the greatest episode, but funny all the same.

Comment

It was okay. A little bizarre, a little painful at times, but I like the explanation of it being what goes on in Walter's head. Makes it a little easier to watch.
                      sigpic

Comment

you all have terrible taste this was the best episode

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                          you all have terrible taste this was the best episode
                          Best episode? Not a chance. But, watching it a second time around, I did enjoy it a bit more.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was being a little facetious with the post. I agree its definitely not the best episode they've ever done, but its certainly one of the most memorable and unique. At the very least its one of the best, i'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                              I did enjoy the singing corpses though.
                              I did get a laugh from that as well...

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                              It was okay. A little bizarre, a little painful at times, but I like the explanation of it being what goes on in Walter's head. Makes it a little easier to watch.
                              Yes...that did make it a bit bearable...

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                              I was being a little facetious with the post. I agree its definitely not the best episode they've ever done, but its certainly one of the most memorable and unique. At the very least its one of the best, i'd say.
                              I must disagree with you 100 times over. At the very least...this was one of Fringe's worst episode. I'll even be so bold as to say its Fringe's only bad episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X