Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of curiosity, what makes this show so good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux geek
    replied
    thanks for this was wondering the same have season 1 ready to watch but never got round to it think I will give this a go

Leave a comment:

• Wulfmann
    replied
    It starts quickly grabbing your interest.
    It advances into a series of curiosities that make you want to continue until it springs a theme that pretty much hooks you into looking forward to what and how it will progress and as it does it it throws curves that surprise you with a "Wow, didn't expect that"

I am nearing the end of season 3 now and watch two episodes each night and look forward to my evening TV time (I watch no other programing but a couple hours via DVD each night)

Wulfmann

Leave a comment:

• Gen. Chris
    replied
    Well, turns out Fringe is on Amazon Prime...So it looks like I might check it out soon. The list of sci-fi shows is becoming more and more sparse since I started on my quest of watching a bunch.

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
    The characters (Walter in particular, who is one of my favorite characters ever), the writing, the acting. Pretty much everything.
    Very well said!

Leave a comment:

• the fifth man
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
    The characters (Walter in particular, who is one of my favorite characters ever), the writing, the acting. Pretty much everything.
    No arguing with that.

Leave a comment:

• Don Pantaloons
    replied
    Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    So what makes this show so good?

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    *bows down* excuse me if I have better things to do than keep up with "common TV parlance."

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    It's an article that's about a page long, with 21 citations. And has been common TV parlance for many, many years....

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    That makes about as much sense as "some people say there was this show called Star Trek"
    Ok...let me simplify it. Until this year (TV viewing season) I'd never heard the terminology "Friday Night Death Slot." In addition, you sited a wiki website. I don't give credibility to those sites because anyone can edit a wiki and post what they please.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    That makes about as much sense as "some people say there was this show called Star Trek"

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    It's not "some people," it's well-known and -understood television terminology in use since around the 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot
    For me...its "some people," since I'd never heard Friday night referred to as a "death slot" until this year actually.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    It's not "some people," it's well-known and -understood television terminology in use since around the 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    The friday night death slot?
    Yeah...I don't call it that either. But some people think that when shows aren't doing well...they're moved to Friday night so they can "die."

Leave a comment:

• LT. COL. John Sheppard
    replied
    The friday night death slot?

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    The reason I like Fringe is because of the characters/actors.

Jasika is such an amazing actress and I love how much she gives to Astrid. Astrid is small part, but I always watch for her.

Anna is just as amazing. She holds her own and I believe in Olivia because of her.

John is so wonderful as Walter and his reality/insanity just shines through and is enjoyable and weird at the same time.

Joshua he plays Peter with all his heart and i love his portrayal of him.

Lance is a stern Broyals and his acting is great in every universe we see him in.

Blair is so devious as Nina and you question her every move.
    Very good breakdown!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X