X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fate, Fringe? Season 5 renewal ''Still too early to tell''

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/11/fri...too-early.html

Interesting, this really does make it sound like FOX do have a lot of faith in the show and that it still has a shot at getting that 5th season which would take it up to the 100th episode mark.

I say give it one more season & end it next season. That fall finale was ****ing horrible

Comment

I'm just hoping we make it back to the original timeline - this one's just kind of strange. It's an interesting turn in the plot but I just can't see where they're going with it. Not that I'm complaining; I still consider Fringe the best sci-fi running on broadcast right now.
      In any case I don't want to see it get canceled. God forbid we get another reality/competition show in its place.

Besides, it's so fun to see John Noble and Anna Torv playing so many different versions of the same character.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        I say give it one more season & end it next season. That fall finale was ****ing horrible
        the fall finale was originally ment to be ''Back to Where You've Never Been'' and not ''Wallflower''

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
          I'm just hoping we make it back to the original timeline - this one's just kind of strange. It's an interesting turn in the plot but I just can't see where they're going with it. Not that I'm complaining; I still consider Fringe the best sci-fi running on broadcast right now.
          In any case I don't want to see it get canceled. God forbid we get another reality/competition show in its place.

Besides, it's so fun to see John Noble and Anna Torv playing so many different versions of the same character.
          I totally agree with you! If and when they decide to end the show I hope they do it the right way and give us a proper send off!

Comment

From what I read, they wrote out the ending even before writing the pilot. Apparently they have enough material for 6 - 8 seasons, but can end it at any time without any trouble (more seasons just mean more chapters, but aren't necessary).

I heard this was done because of problems J.J. had during the course of both Alias and Lost.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed Wallflower.

That said, a 2 month break right after the show was bumped two weeks by f-ing baseball is total horses--t. 'FOX has faith in Fringe' my behind--they appear to be doing everything in their power to kill its ratings.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I thoroughly enjoyed Wallflower.

That said, a 2 month break right after the show was bumped two weeks by f-ing baseball is total horses--t. 'FOX has faith in Fringe' my behind--they appear to be doing everything in their power to kill its ratings.
                I thought these two months breaks were normal for US this time of year, because clearly no one in America watches television around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

sigpic

Comment

A few weeks sure. Maybe a month.

Not two.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really do hope we get a Season 5. I want the writers to have ample time to wrap as much up as possible. That being said, if they do, they probably should plan on the Season 5 finale being the series finale. I honestly don't see them getting a Season 6.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I really do hope we get a Season 5. I want the writers to have ample time to wrap as much up as possible. That being said, if they do, they probably should plan on the Season 5 finale being the series finale. I honestly don't see them getting a Season 6.
                      Yeah, I think we can call ourselfs lucky, if we can get at least a fifth season... seven seasons would be so great, but I dont think we will be able to achieve that...
                      sigpic

Comment

FOX has been kind to this show. All we need is for them to be nice one more time.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I love this show and Fox has been generous when it comes to giving it renewals; however, if it is proving too expensive to produce then that may be a problem. We either need to get more people watching or hope Fox finds a way to cut the production cots on the thing.

I really want to see what they have after Season 4, Peter getting back to his original universe is cool, the whole war with the shapeshifters that aren't from other side is engaging and the Observer's message to Olivia. This show needs a Season 5!
                          Back from the grave.

Comment

Just give it a final 13 episode season like Chuck got & be done with it. At least that way FOX will not get that much hate if the writers can at least end it properly

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                              Just give it a final 13 episode season like Chuck got & be done with it. At least that way FOX will not get that much hate if the writers can at least end it properly
                              Yeah, I could live with a 13 episode final season.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X