Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone already posted it in this thread, but it bears re-posting: FOX and Fridays. The track record is bad...very bad.

I want Fringe to succeed on Fridays, both because I want it to stick in the craw of FOX executives and because I really enjoy the show. But like I said, it's hard to be optimistic at this point.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Someone already posted it in this thread, but it bears re-posting: FOX and Fridays. The track record is bad...very bad.

I want Fringe to succeed on Fridays, both because I want it to stick in the craw of FOX executives and because I really enjoy the show. But like I said, it's hard to be optimistic at this point.
      With any luck, Fringe can buck the trend.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Fox Rarely Interferes, Not Going Extinct.

Conclusive proof that the awesomeness of the Fringe team is here to stay
        "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

"There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

didn't fox have sliders and the x files on friday nights way back when? maybe there hoping to relive past sucsess with syfi shows

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post

O_o
              sigpic

Comment

Thinking a move to Friday signals impending cancellation is, IMO, a mistake. The network has said multiple times how much they support the show and they've so far kept it alive with middling ratings on Thursdays (which I'll point out that everyone thought would kill the show, but it didn't).

I don't recall if it's been posted here, but would a network that intends to cancel a show put out this? Which fully addresses and debunks the "friday=cancellation" freakout?

Regarding Fox's Friday night record, I can only speak to the shows I'm actually aware of, but Terminator and Dollhouse were already dead/dying when they got moved to Friday (likely in the hopes it might find an audience since Friday isn't competitive) and Firefly had reams of other problems above and beyond the night it was on. Of the shows moved to Friday that have been in my orbit, Fringe is the first one that hasn't already been cancelled or been a hairs breadth away from cancellation. I think it Fringe will do just fine.

Comment

I can't wait for the second half of this season to get started. I am very excited.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I can't wait for the second half of this season to get started. I am very excited.
                    Me too!
                    sigpic

Comment

Me three!

I'm barring any thought of cancellation and just looking forward to the story progressing and especially to the apparent promise of seeing more of the 'observers'.

Comment

Me three!

I'm barring any thought of cancellation and just looking forward to the story progressing and especially to the apparent promise of seeing more of the 'observers'.
                        Same here. Let's just enjoy the second half of this season. See how things go.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Fringe won the PCA Award for best science fiction/fantasy show:

http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/awards/nominees

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Me too!
                            Me three!
                            Same here.
                            Regardless of the stupid Friday move.....me five!
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Regardless of the stupid Friday move.....me five!
                              It should be good!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                It should be good!
                                Indeed it should. We all just need to try and enjoy what is left of this season. We can't really control what happens after that.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X