Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
    I would really hate to see the end of this show especially when things are shaping up to be quite interesting. It's definitely one of the better things I'm watching right now.
    I agree...we need more people to watch it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I agree...we need more people to watch it.
      I guess we all need to spread the word as much as we can.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What's going on in the Episodes thread? Is it not being updated?
        That last episode had a rather interesting ending, did it not?
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Blame it on the World Series. Fringe recovered from its heart stopping 1.7 rating last Thursday to a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating last night, close to its season average.

The post World Series scheduling confusion for Fox seemed to clear up last night as their line up substantially recovered. Bones increased 12% from last week to a 2.9 adults 18-49 rating. Fringe was up 29% to a 2.2 rating. Still worrying for renewal, but back to its season average.
          http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/13...recovers/33566

Comment

At least the rating went up. I hope it continues to go up.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Fox sets ‘Fringe’ campaign

Fox is plotting a major marketing push for "Fringe" this week, unleashing a viral promotional spree for the show via both on- and off-air efforts. Campaign had been in the works for some time, tied to this week's episode -- which reveals the existence of (semi-spoiler alert here, if you haven't seen Fox's promos)
              Spoiler:
              multiple "observers," the show's mysterious bald white men who are witness to many of "Fringe's" key events.

But it comes as "Fringe" could use a boost of some sort. Fox's "Bones"-"Fringe" lineup has given the network its first solid scripted night on Thursdays in years -- but "Fringe" has taken a hit in recent weeks vs. tough competition ("CSI," "Grey's Anatomy" and "The Office"). Net execs believe a baseball preemption also took a bite out of the show's performance.

"Thursdays at 9 p.m. are fiercely competitive," said Fox marketing topper Joe Earley. "'Fringe' isn't just up against well-performing shows, it's up against shows with preexisting, fiercely loyal audiences. We can tell by the DVR numbers that people like 'Fringe,' it's just their DVR choice."

As a result, Earley said the network has zeroed in on "Fringe" to find ways to make the show feel like more of a major event.

"Observer Week," as the campaign is dubbed internally, includes placing multiple actors playing "observers" in the crowd at live Fox telecasts -- Sunday's NFL game, as well as an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance."

continues:
              http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/fox...-campaign.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Fox sets ‘Fringe’ campaign

Spoiler:

Fox is plotting a major marketing push for "Fringe" this week, unleashing a viral promotional spree for the show via both on- and off-air efforts. Campaign had been in the works for some time, tied to this week's episode -- which reveals the existence of (semi-spoiler alert here, if you haven't seen Fox's promos)
                Spoiler:
                multiple "observers," the show's mysterious bald white men who are witness to many of "Fringe's" key events.

But it comes as "Fringe" could use a boost of some sort. Fox's "Bones"-"Fringe" lineup has given the network its first solid scripted night on Thursdays in years -- but "Fringe" has taken a hit in recent weeks vs. tough competition ("CSI," "Grey's Anatomy" and "The Office"). Net execs believe a baseball preemption also took a bite out of the show's performance.

"Thursdays at 9 p.m. are fiercely competitive," said Fox marketing topper Joe Earley. "'Fringe' isn't just up against well-performing shows, it's up against shows with preexisting, fiercely loyal audiences. We can tell by the DVR numbers that people like 'Fringe,' it's just their DVR choice."

As a result, Earley said the network has zeroed in on "Fringe" to find ways to make the show feel like more of a major event.

"Observer Week," as the campaign is dubbed internally, includes placing multiple actors playing "observers" in the crowd at live Fox telecasts -- Sunday's NFL game, as well as an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance."

continues:
                http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/fox...-campaign.html
                Very cool! I liked the previews for this week's show! I still wish it was on Tuesday.
                sigpic

Comment

Very cool! I liked the previews for this week's show! I still wish it was on Tuesday.
                  As do I.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I noticed Fox is flooding the air waves with commercials for this week's epsiode of Fringe! Way to go Fox!
                    sigpic

Comment

I noticed Fox is flooding the air waves with commercials for this week's epsiode of Fringe! Way to go Fox!
                      I have noticed that too. It looks like this episode should be amazing. I just hope the ratings reflect that.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I have noticed that too. It looks like this episode should be amazing. I just hope the ratings reflect that.
                        As do I!
                        sigpic

Comment

As do I!
                          I am so excited about tomorrow night. How about you?
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I am so excited about tomorrow night. How about you?
                            Yes...yes I am excited about tonight!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                              What's going on in the Episodes thread? Is it not being updated?
                              That last episode had a rather interesting ending, did it not?
                              Sorry. Darren's been swamped with real life and server crashes. Thankfully, I've learned how to do the episode threads so hopefully they'll be up shortly after the episode airs from now on.
                              sigpic

Comment

No problems Kat.
                                But I am surprised that so few are posting about it especially when the series is actually becoming really good.
                                I didn't think anything could top the William Bell ep, a few eps ago but the most recent one came pretty close.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X