No announcement yet.

Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really believe that this season will blow our minds.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Has anyone seen the Fringe comics (graphic novels) out there?

I found a site that has them: Fringe Comics

Supposedly there is a pre-order available for the whole six mini-series collection ($14.99) which will be available 16 December which is great because issue one seems pretty rare and hard to find. The collection price isnt too bad either.

The artwork looks amazing and if the stories are as enthralling, then they seem like something to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Has anyone seen the Fringe comics (graphic novels) out there?

I found a site that has them: Fringe Comics

Supposedly there is a pre-order available for the whole six mini-series collection ($14.99) which will be available 16 December which is great because issue one seems pretty rare and hard to find. The collection price isnt too bad either.

The artwork looks amazing and if the stories are as enthralling, then they seem like something to check out.
        Hmmm, I'll definitely have to check into those.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Q & A with Leonard Nimoy (William Bell) - see link below -

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...he-bell-tolls/

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Harry Sullivan View Post
            Q & A with Leonard Nimoy (William Bell) - see link below -

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...he-bell-tolls/
            Thanks for the link to that. Much appreciated.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I've been enjoying season 2! I wish it was still on Tuesday though...thankfully...my DVR saves me...so I can see all the shows I love!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                I've been enjoying season 2! I wish it was still on Tuesday though...thankfully...my DVR saves me...so I can see all the shows I love!
                I really wish it was still on Tuesday night too. Thursday night is a very busy TV night in my house. My DVR and my DVD Recorder are the only things that make it manageable.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I really wish it was still on Tuesday night too. Thursday night is a very busy TV night in my house. My DVR and my DVD Recorder are the only things that make it manageable.
                  I might need to get at&t U-verse...so I can record up to 4 shows at once. My DVR only records 2 shows at the same time.
                  sigpic

Comment

I might need to get at&t U-verse...so I can record up to 4 shows at once. My DVR only records 2 shows at the same time.
                    Same here. That is why the DVD Recorder comes in handy. I can DVR two shows in the living room, and record something in the bedroom.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

'Fringe' exclusive: J.J. Abrams on 'bad' ratings, good vibes, and the show's future

It’s hardly a secret that Fringe is having a tough go of it on Thursday night this season. Last week, the sophomore drama’s audience shrunk to just 5 million viewers — an all-time low. Sure, two weeks of pre-emptions due to baseball didn’t help, but the fact remains: Fringe is struggling.

On the bright side, everyone seems to be in agreement that Fringe has never been better creatively. And inside sources say Fox, although not thrilled with the ratings, remains committed to the show — a fact corroborated by the drama’s boss, J.J. Abrams.

“The mood on set and in the writer’s room is as good as the ratings are bad, which is to say, wonderful,” Abrams tells me. “Luckily, Fox has been insanely supportive, for which we are deeply grateful.”

Abrams is encouraged by the show’s “strong” DVR numbers as well as the glowing reviews from critics. “But given that we’re on one of the hardest [nights] on television, we’re just focusing on making the best show we possibly can,” he says. “What else can we do?”

Bottom line: Fringe is in no immediate danger of going “over there” (a.k.a TV graveyard). The key word there being immediate.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/11/...gs-and-future/

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        'Fringe' exclusive: J.J. Abrams on 'bad' ratings, good vibes, and the show's future

It’s hardly a secret that Fringe is having a tough go of it on Thursday night this season. Last week, the sophomore drama’s audience shrunk to just 5 million viewers — an all-time low. Sure, two weeks of pre-emptions due to baseball didn’t help, but the fact remains: Fringe is struggling.

On the bright side, everyone seems to be in agreement that Fringe has never been better creatively. And inside sources say Fox, although not thrilled with the ratings, remains committed to the show — a fact corroborated by the drama’s boss, J.J. Abrams.

“The mood on set and in the writer’s room is as good as the ratings are bad, which is to say, wonderful,” Abrams tells me. “Luckily, Fox has been insanely supportive, for which we are deeply grateful.”

Abrams is encouraged by the show’s “strong” DVR numbers as well as the glowing reviews from critics. “But given that we’re on one of the hardest [nights] on television, we’re just focusing on making the best show we possibly can,” he says. “What else can we do?”

Bottom line: Fringe is in no immediate danger of going “over there” (a.k.a TV graveyard). The key word there being immediate.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/11/...gs-and-future/
                        It better not go "over there." IDK why they moved it from its Tuesday night slot. Doesn't make sense.
                        sigpic

Comment

It better not go "over there." IDK why they moved it from its Tuesday night slot. Doesn't make sense.
                          They should seriously consider moving it back to Tuesday night. If not though, the ratings better start to improve. I do not want to lose this wonderful show.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            They should seriously consider moving it back to Tuesday night. If not though, the ratings better start to improve. I do not want to lose this wonderful show.
                            Again...I agree with you 110%
                            sigpic

Comment

Nominees Announced for the 2009 People's Choice Awards

FAVORITE NEW TV DRAMA
                              "90210"
                              " Crusoe"
                              " Easy Money"
                              " Eleventh Hour"
                              " Fringe"
                              "Knight Rider"
                              " Life on Mars"
                              " The Mentalist"
                              " My Own Worst Enemy"
                              " Privileged"

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/za...,5074537.story

Comment

I would really hate to see the end of this show especially when things are shaping up to be quite interesting. It's definitely one of the better things I'm watching right now.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X