No announcement yet.

Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Kirk Acevedo has apparently been fired from Fringe, according to his Facebook status. This is so sad, Charlie was just getting interesting. Do you have any info on that and what it means for his character? --Caroline
    Ausiello: It means his character won't be back.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...siello--2.html

Comment

Things are looking shifty... I told you the move to Vancouver would not bode well for the show. And the second season is crucial, to solidify first season viewers and capture the non-viewers who have heard all about it. We all know what happens when second seasons go bad (Heroes is a prime example).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
        Things are looking shifty... I told you the move to Vancouver would not bode well for the show. And the second season is crucial, to solidify first season viewers and capture the non-viewers who have heard all about it. We all know what happens when second seasons go bad (Heroes is a prime example).
        I really hope it doesn't go bad, now that I've found another show I like watching. I do wonder too if the move to Vancouver will change the whole feel of the show though. Losing Kirk Acevedo is a shame, I began to quite like his character. I will however tune in and hope the weird and whacky things and characters we have come to love in the first season continue into the second.

Comment

Dang... I really liked Charlie... I was getting used to him.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

All we can really do is just hope that losing Charlie was the worst that happens with next season. I really want this show to continue to do well.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Fall TV: Which sci-fi/fantasy series will win, lose, draw?

Fringe: You can't blame Fox for trying to take advantage of the drop in audience that both CBS' CSI and ABC's Grey's Anatomy have suffered this year. Whether or not Fringe can prevail over them: That's the big question. We like the Bones/Fringe pairing, even though a Fringe without an enormous lead-in such as last season's House or American Idol is a scary thought. While it's likely Fringe and The CW's Supernatural will draw similar audiences, it's also likely viewers will find a way to watch both shows. But this one's going to be tricky, so we're calling Fringe a DRAW.
              http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/fall-tv...fanta.php#more

Comment

'Fringe' boss denies Kirk Acevedo was fired, despite Facebook post

Fringe cast member Kirk Acevedo, who plays Agent Charlie Francis on the Fox series, posted a status message on Facebook yesterday claiming he was let go from the show, but exec producer Jeff Pinkner has since confirmed to TV Guide that Acevedo "was not fired," and adds, “Like all things on Fringe, there is more to this story than meets the eye." Pinkner also offered this season two tease: "We have already seen two of him on the show...We have already met the second Charlie. He had a scar on his face.”

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/05/fringe.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  'Fringe' boss denies Kirk Acevedo was fired, despite Facebook post

Fringe cast member Kirk Acevedo, who plays Agent Charlie Francis on the Fox series, posted a status message on Facebook yesterday claiming he was let go from the show, but exec producer Jeff Pinkner has since confirmed to TV Guide that Acevedo "was not fired," and adds, “Like all things on Fringe, there is more to this story than meets the eye." Pinkner also offered this season two tease: "We have already seen two of him on the show...We have already met the second Charlie. He had a scar on his face.”

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/05/fringe.html
                  Hmmmm, very interesting.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Fringe -Warner's Official Press Release Reveals Street Date for Season 1 Blu-ray & DVD

Teleportation. Mind control. Invisibility. Astral projection. Mutation. Reanimation. Phenomena that exist on the Fringe of science unleash their strange powers in this thrilling, critically-acclaimed series, as Warner Home Video releases Fringe: The Complete First Season on DVD and Blu-ray™ Hi Def on September 8, 2009 for $59.98 / $79.98

DVD Special Features Include:
                    Evolution: The Genesis of Fringe featurette - The creators of the show discuss how the series unfolded and the qualities that make it so unique
                    Behind the Real Science of Fringe featurette - From teleportation to re-animation, Fringe incorporates recent discoveries in science. Consulting experts and scientists who are the authorities in their field address the areas of science which are the inspiration for the show.
                    A Massive Undertaking: The Making of Fringe (on select episodes) - An in-depth exploration of how select episodes came to be made: from the frozen far reaches of shooting the pilot in Toronto, to the weekly challenges of bringing episodes to air
                    The Casting of Fringe - The story, as told by producers and cast, of how Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and others came to be cast in the series.
                    Fringe Visual Effects featurette - Goes deep into the creation of the shared dream state with some of the biggest VFX shots of the show.
                    Dissected Files: Unaired Scenes
                    Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel
                    Deciphering the Scene
                    Roberto Orci Production Diary
                    Gene the Cow montage
                    Three Full-Length Commentaries from writers/producers, including J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtman, J.R. Orci, David Goodman, Bryan Burk, Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner

Additional Blu-Ray Bonus Features:
                    Fringe Pattern Analysis - Take a closer look at 6 select scenes from Season 1 with experts who dissect each scene with notes, photos, and diagrams.
                    BD-Live enabled features include Media Center, My Commentary, and commentary on Season 1 finale episode.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fri...-Release/11983

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      Fringe -Warner's Official Press Release Reveals Street Date for Season 1 Blu-ray & DVD

Teleportation. Mind control. Invisibility. Astral projection. Mutation. Reanimation. Phenomena that exist on the Fringe of science unleash their strange powers in this thrilling, critically-acclaimed series, as Warner Home Video releases Fringe: The Complete First Season on DVD and Blu-ray™ Hi Def on September 8, 2009 for $59.98 / $79.98

DVD Special Features Include:
                      Evolution: The Genesis of Fringe featurette - The creators of the show discuss how the series unfolded and the qualities that make it so unique
                      Behind the Real Science of Fringe featurette - From teleportation to re-animation, Fringe incorporates recent discoveries in science. Consulting experts and scientists who are the authorities in their field address the areas of science which are the inspiration for the show.
                      A Massive Undertaking: The Making of Fringe (on select episodes) - An in-depth exploration of how select episodes came to be made: from the frozen far reaches of shooting the pilot in Toronto, to the weekly challenges of bringing episodes to air
                      The Casting of Fringe - The story, as told by producers and cast, of how Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and others came to be cast in the series.
                      Fringe Visual Effects featurette - Goes deep into the creation of the shared dream state with some of the biggest VFX shots of the show.
                      Dissected Files: Unaired Scenes
                      Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel
                      Deciphering the Scene
                      Roberto Orci Production Diary
                      Gene the Cow montage
                      Three Full-Length Commentaries from writers/producers, including J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtman, J.R. Orci, David Goodman, Bryan Burk, Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner

Additional Blu-Ray Bonus Features:
                      Fringe Pattern Analysis - Take a closer look at 6 select scenes from Season 1 with experts who dissect each scene with notes, photos, and diagrams.
                      BD-Live enabled features include Media Center, My Commentary, and commentary on Season 1 finale episode.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fri...-Release/11983
                      DANG! That's expensive!
                      sigpic

Comment

Fringe Season 1 Region 2

Listed for release on the 28th of September 2009, price £28.99

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/80564...1/Product.html

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          DANG! That's expensive!
                          Yeah, a bit expensive.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Fringe - Season 2 Casting Sides

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...ing-sides.html

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Yeah, a bit expensive.
                              I wonder if there's gold in the DVDs?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                I wonder if there's gold in the DVDs?
                                No, just some cool sounding special features.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X