Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    Now that is a bit of heavy reading my friend.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      No it's not, the idea that there are infinite realities is one thing, the idea that for some unfathomable reason that something as inconsequential as a human beings decision could create a whole new universe is quite another.
      For the record. I agree with you that if the human decisions, which are indeed inconsequential in scientific molecular term, were the **ONLY** way to create a whole new universe; It would be completely ridiculous.

But in the infinite realities, the fact that there exists a different reality for all the decision made by a human is only subsets of all realities. So yes, there probably exist a reality were some specific human put on its red shirt instead of its blue one in the morning after shower. Or, more significantly, didn't accept the offer to be in the Stargate program. But there's also others, less interesting reality, where a molecule of water turned left or right in a river (for some molecular reason). Obviously having a show like Sliders jumping to those insignificant reality would be kind of boring for us.

So the "every decisions" is only a layman explanation of the global multiverse theory. (my water molecule explanation above is way boring )
      Last edited by Commander Zelix; 09 May 2009, 06:25 PM.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

If that's really just how it's being explained as opposed to who it's actually supposed to work then I have no problem with it. I does make me think even more though that scientists are terrible at explaining what they mean, they dumb things down too much or sometimes not enough, it's no wonder religious groups are able to convince people not to trust science when the explanations scientists sometimes give can be picked apart so easily at times.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          If that's really just how it's being explained as opposed to who it's actually supposed to work then I have no problem with it. I does make me think even more though that scientists are terrible at explaining what they mean, they dumb things down too much or sometimes not enough, it's no wonder religious groups are able to convince people not to trust science when the explanations scientists sometimes give can be picked apart so easily at times.
          Then again...there's nothing but faith to back up religion. At least with science there are facts to back it up and your average Joe may not understand all that goes into those facts. So, they have to be "dumbed down"...now back to Fringe...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Then again...there's nothing but faith to back up religion. At least with science there are facts to back it up and your average Joe may not understand all that goes into those facts. So, they have to be "dumbed down"...now back to Fringe...
            Indeed! Who else can't freaking wait for Tuesday night to get here? I am really looking forward to seeing
            Spoiler:
            Leonard Nimoy at the very end of the episode.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Indeed! Who else can't freaking wait for Tuesday night to get here? I am really looking forward to seeing
              Spoiler:
              Leonard Nimoy at the very end of the episode.
              I know! I can't wait! The previews for the episodes look awesome!! And to top it off...we have more Fringe to come this fall!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                I know! I can't wait! The previews for the episodes look awesome!! And to top it off...we have more Fringe to come this fall!!!!
                That certainly brings a smile to my face.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

How Fringe's season finale will change everything up

J.J. Abrams, co-creator and executive producer of Fox's sci-fi series Fringe, told reporters that tonight's season finale provides a "major turning point in the long-term arc of the series."

The episode, "There's More Than One of Everything," will feature the return of the mysterious David Robert Jones (Jared Harris), the disappearance of Walter Bishop (John Noble) and a scene between Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv) and William Bell (Leonard Nimoy), Walter's old partner and co-founder of Massive Dynamic. Abrams spoke during a conference call with reporters last Friday. The following are edited excerpts from the conversation. The season finale airs at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/how-fri...son-finale.php

Comment

WOW!!! That was one hell of a way to end the season.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Do we have anything to look forward to in the season finale of Fringe? I'm willing to settle for generic scoop. Yep, I'm that desperate! — Helena

MICKEY: When I spoke to J.J. Abrams this week, he told me this: If the first season was about meeting the good guys while discovering that there is a bad guy, Season 2 is much more about meeting the bad guy. Is that Leonard Nimoy's Dr. William Bell? I wouldn't bet on it, as I suspect that his role in the ZFT — like Walter's —will be much more accidental and nebulous.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1006021.aspx

Comment

Fringe - First Official Season 2 Promo

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...n-2-promo.html

Comment

waiting for it to download.
                          promo looks brilliant for next season.
                          JJ Abrams films may be averaged imo, his original TV series are top notch. He should really to creating TV shows Imo.

Comment

Very poor finale in my opinion, you could see the Peter revelation coming a mile off and ditto with the elevator scene. Everything has become a bit too obvious, needs more mystery IMO.

Comment

Fringe show runner explains last night's shocking finale

Jeff Pinkner, executive producer of Fox's sci-fi series Fringe, explains the shocking final image from last night's season finale on Fox.com. (Spoiler ahead!)

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/fringe-...ner-explai.php

Comment

After last night's amazing finale, I am really looking forward to what they have in store for us in Season 2.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X