Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fringe's Jasika Nicole promises we'll learn about Astrid. Next year

Jasika Nicole, who plays Astrid Farnsworth on Fox's sci-fi series Fringe, told SCI FI Wire that the show's writers have promised to explore her character's backstory in future episodes—though likely not before the end of the first season. Astrid is an FBI agent who works as Walter Bishop's (John Noble) lab assistant and usually serves basic mechanical functions like hooking up electrodes and monitors.

"They've been working on that for a really long time, and they want to make sure that it's perfect," Nicole said in a phone interview last week. "That's why we haven't seen it yet. So I'm hoping that it's going to come in season two. We will not get that episode in season one, but I'm pretty sure that it will happen in season two, and I can't wait to find out what's in it, let me tell you."

Nicole chatted more about her character's backstory and the upcoming season finale. The following Q&A features edited excerpts of our exclusive interview with Nicole. Fringe airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. (Possible spoilers ahead!)

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/fringes...nicole-pro.php

Comment

I thought this was an awesome episode tonight. Very good as a lead-in to the upcoming season finale.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Very good episode this week. This episode was all about the overall arc with a lot of plot lines being tied up. I like the way Olivia was shifting between parallel universe. Is it just me or was it a bit strange if not creepy watching Peter having one Walter moments with his invention at the apartment? It kind of remind me of the theory that he was in fact a Walter clone, a theory I don't subscribe too. Its much more plausible that he's from a parallel universe. .

I'm curious to see how this multiverse situation will play out next season.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
          Very good episode this week. This episode was all about the overall arc with a lot of plot lines being tied up. I like the way Olivia was shifting between parallel universe. Is it just me or was it a bit strange if not creepy watching Peter having one Walter moments with his invention at the apartment? It kind of remind me of the theory that he was in fact a Walter clone, a theory I don't subscribe too. Its much more plausible that he's from a parallel universe. .

I'm curious to see how this multiverse situation will play out next season.
          That is my theory on Peter too. We shall see.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I can't stress how much I hate the stupid, moronic, nonsensical 'every decision we make creates a new reality' idea. The 'science' in Fringe is starting to get a bit too silly for my liking, oh and LOL @ Peter apparently 'isolating the tone' with the upfader. Ha.

Comment

Question: I am so obsessed with Fringe right now. Any mind-blowing scoop? --Mindy

Spoiler:
              Ausiello: Aside from it getting renewed for a second season? Let's see ... "Look for a very special gravestone and [take note of] whose name is on it," teases co-exec producer Roberto Orci of the May 12 finale. "My God [I just gave you] a big puzzle piece." No kidding. When we pressed Anna Torv about said gravestone she pleaded the Fifth. “I can't say anything about the grave. But that's a big plot [twist]. The grave is the key." Torv was more forthcoming about the drama coming up for Olivia and Walter. "A whole lot of information starts to come to light about the trials and Olivia's part in the larger puzzle," she reveals. "Olivia decides to push Walter to his breaking point in order to get answers. She wants to know what happened to her and what is going on. She pushes a couple of buttons and Walter gets a little out of sorts and reverts to some of his old ways. I'm glad because it would be no fun if Walter fully recovered from his mental illness. People love him because he is eccentric and brilliant."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...siello-sp.html

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                I can't stress how much I hate the stupid, moronic, nonsensical 'every decision we make creates a new reality' idea. The 'science' in Fringe is starting to get a bit too silly for my liking, oh and LOL @ Peter apparently 'isolating the tone' with the upfader. Ha.
                You may not like it, but it is an idea that's out there. In fact it's pretty standard fare in sci fi.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  You may not like it, but it is an idea that's out there. In fact it's pretty standard fare in sci fi.
                  The theory of the existence of an infinite number of parallel universe is pretty standard in sci-fi indeed.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    Because it's good for storytelling. From a logical and scientific standpoint it makes no sense at all.

The theory of the existence of an infinite number of parallel universe is pretty standard in sci-fi indeed.
                    No one mentioned that hypothesis.

Comment

No one mentioned that hypothesis.
                      Euh? Thats the theory you just mentioned. I think it was more clearly mentioned in Stargate. Also mentioned in Sliders. They also note that for some scientific reasons (insert intelligent technobabble here) its easier "to jump" to parallel universe which are relatively closer to ours. Which makes some sci-fi sense. For example, its easier to jump to a parallel universe in which some main character never made it to the CIA or to the stargate program than to one which the dinosaur weren't completely instinct and human never evolved. Even if Sliders people alluded to the fact of visiting those (boring in the tv sense) universe.

Comment

Euh? Thats the theory you just mentioned. I think it was more clearly mentioned in Stargate. Also mentioned in Sliders. They also note that for some scientific reasons (insert intelligent technobabble here) its easier "to jump" to parallel universe which are relatively closer to ours. Which makes some sci-fi sense. For example, its easier to jump to a parallel universe in which some main character never made it to the CIA or to the stargate program than to one which the dinosaur weren't completely instinct and human never evolved. Even if Sliders people alluded to the fact of visiting those (boring in the tv sense) universe.
                        No it's not. Read it again.

Comment

No it's not. Read it again.
                          Sure it is. I would be curious to understand why you don't think it is.

The ''every decision we make creates a new reality", ot use your words, is just one aspect of the multiverse global theory. As I just explained in my post above.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            Question: I am so obsessed with Fringe right now. Any mind-blowing scoop? --Mindy

Spoiler:
                            Ausiello: Aside from it getting renewed for a second season? Let's see ... "Look for a very special gravestone and [take note of] whose name is on it," teases co-exec producer Roberto Orci of the May 12 finale. "My God [I just gave you] a big puzzle piece." No kidding. When we pressed Anna Torv about said gravestone she pleaded the Fifth. “I can't say anything about the grave. But that's a big plot [twist]. The grave is the key." Torv was more forthcoming about the drama coming up for Olivia and Walter. "A whole lot of information starts to come to light about the trials and Olivia's part in the larger puzzle," she reveals. "Olivia decides to push Walter to his breaking point in order to get answers. She wants to know what happened to her and what is going on. She pushes a couple of buttons and Walter gets a little out of sorts and reverts to some of his old ways. I'm glad because it would be no fun if Walter fully recovered from his mental illness. People love him because he is eccentric and brilliant."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...siello-sp.html
                            Nice! Thanks for that.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The ''every decision we make creates a new reality", ot use your words, is just one aspect of the multiverse global theory. As I just explained in my post above.
                              No it's not, the idea that there are infinite realities is one thing, the idea that for some unfathomable reason that something as inconsequential as a human beings decision could create a whole new universe is quite another.

Comment

I believe it's the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.
                                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                                X