Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    I mean no disrespect to the Canadian television industry, but I fear the move to Vancouver for season 2 will see a drop in production values that this show needs to perpetuate its success.

Having New York and Boston as backdrops to the show lends a powerful production element that cannot be mimicked. Also, I dread the thought of seeing the same bunch of actors we've seen in the Stargate franchise, BSG and others over the years begin to pop up on Fringe.

Why Vancouver? Why not LA, or San Francisco? Vancouver is like a worn piece of carpet for the American television industry right now.

If by a quarter of the way through next season I've been proven completely wrong, then I will whole-heartedly admit I was wrong and apologise. But somehow, I think I won't need to.

Well, ya know...they can still do the cityscapes of Boston. I mean...film a few scenes of the city...and do the rest in Vancouver.
    sigpic

Comment

Leonard Nimoy reveals Fringe finale secrets, talks Transfomers

Leonard Nimoy told SCI FI Wire that his upcoming guest shot as William Bell in the season finale of Fox's sci-fi series Fringe sets the stage for Bell—the oft-mentioned, not-yet-seen former partner of Walter Bishop (John Noble)—to become a recurring character next year.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/leonard...eveals-fri.php

Comment

So, we are definitely getting a Season 2?
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
          Whoah... what an ending... wonder what "Olive" is capable of.
          Great episode.
          I know! I can't wait to see!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Fringe second-season scoop from J.J. Abrams and his cast

J.J. Abrams, co-creator of Fox's sci-fi series Fringe, told SCI FI Wire that he's confident the show will return for a second season.

"It should be returning," Abrams said in an exclusive interview. "I'm really happy with so much of what we did this year. And I feel like we have barely gotten going. There's so much that we know we want to explore and knew we did from the beginning. A lot of it is yet to come."

Abrams said the he and the producers already have some "cool ideas" for season two. "I think that season two should be pretty great, pretty dynamic," he said. "We have some cool ideas. I'm very excited about that. I'm proud of the group. My only regret is I wish we could have stayed shooting in New York. We had a terrific crew. That's the one thing I'd wish we'd be able to do differently. It's a show that's still, as it's going, evolving. Finding the balance between relatable characters and absolute science fiction takes a while, but I think we're getting there."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/fringe-...eason-scoo.php

Comment

Another good one tonight. Very good.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

While horror story of the week was okay (suitably cheesy), it was the self-questioning and the ethical ruminations that I found most engaging as evinced in the conversations between the two scientists. I'm also really loving Walter's journey toward a kind of personal redemption. Really John Noble has been fantastic straddling between the profound and the insane.

Can't say that I'm too surprised that
                Spoiler:
                William Bell is funding the ZFT
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Ok last nights episode bothered me a little bit because of the scene where they were transporting the guy's wife to the lab. First, you DO NOT handcuff in the front (unless the person can't be handcuffed in the back due to a broken arm or something like that), because the handcuffed person is not incapacitated when they are cuffed in the front. Second, why in the hell are you driving around with a person who chews out spines, BEHIND you? I would have had her in one of those SWAT transport vans they had earlier in the episode surrounded by armed guards, or maybe in a squad car with a cage between the back and front seats, or at the very least I would have been paying some amount of attention to the prisoner. Somebody involved in that operation should have known transporting her like they did was stupid as hell, by all rights Olivia and Peter should be dead.

Also, I think it might be possible
                  Spoiler:
                  William Bell authored the ZFT manifesto. He was lab partners with Walter, he could have had access to Walter's typewriter.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I can't wait to see how they leave us hanging at the end of this season. What gets revealed, and what remains unanswered.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

First image of Leonard Nimoy as Fringe's William Bell

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/first-i...leonard-ni.php

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        First image of Leonard Nimoy as Fringe's William Bell

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/first-i...leonard-ni.php
                        Thanks for that link. I really can't wait to see him on-screen.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

'Fringe' renewed for second season

Fox's sci-fi series Fringe has been renewed for a second season. The show, which is the number one new program among viewers 18-49, will air its season finale on May 12 with guest-star Leonard Nimoy.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/05/fringe-renewed.html

Comment

Fox's sci-fi series Fringe has been renewed for a second season. The show, which is the number one new program among viewers 18-49, will air its season finale on May 12 with guest-star Leonard Nimoy.

YES!! I am so happy that it is official.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Michaela in Henderson, N.V.: Will there be any progress with Peter and Olivia on Fringe before the finale?
                              Spoiler:
                              Anna Torv tells us, "Not while he's trying to date my sister they won't!" So, tell us, cocreators Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, will there be any kissing in the final two episodes? Says Orci, "Depends on what you mean by kissing."

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...o_leaving.html

Comment

AWESOME! I was gonna be so disappointed if this didn't happen! But it did. So, how I can do a happy dance!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X