Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
    I hope the last episode doesn't really mean an end to the memory scenes. I've really enjoyed that aspect of the show.
    I don't think they should over do them either. As long they're integrated into the story, they have their uses. But I'd hate for them to be used as filler...

What I really want to see is more stuff on Peter's shady past dealings so long as it doesn't detract from the overall story. He's a fascinating character, far more interesting than Dunham, who incidentally irritates me a lot less than she used to. Still not sure why they've brought the sister into the picture.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Dear Fringe writers,
      Please stop using John Scott's memory as a quick getaway for "information we can't be arsed thinking of a different way to deliver". It is getting ridiculous. If there must be John Scott flashbacks in order to give the characters information they won't otherwise have, please have some John Scott benign flashbacks because, really, if he's stuck in Olivia's mind, he's bound to come out randomly, not jsut to move the plot along.
      Thank you!
      Pitry

Or in other words... I like this show, I really do, but this just smacks of bad writing. They should either be consistent about the flashbacks or find a secret delivery person of info from within MD/the Pattern/whatever to leak info to Dunham.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
        I don't think they should over do them either. As long they're integrated into the story, they have their uses. But I'd hate for them to be used as filler...

What I really want to see is more stuff on Peter's shady past dealings so long as it doesn't detract from the overall story. He's a fascinating character, far more interesting than Dunham, who incidentally irritates me a lot less than she used to. Still not sure why they've brought the sister into the picture.
        Yeah, I wonder how long Dunham's sister and niece will be there?
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ep 113 was great. Olivia is getting less irritating. I would also like to know a bit more of Peters past.

Spoiler:
          Liked how they wrapped up things with Agent Scott, nice to see he was one of the good guys but I'm sad to see him go....or will he pop up again?
          Chicago Con Attendee 2011
          Chicago Con Attendee 2010
          GateCon Attendee 2008
          Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
            Ep 113 was great. Olivia is getting less irritating. I would also like to know a bit more of Peters past.

Spoiler:
            Liked how they wrapped up things with Agent Scott, nice to see he was one of the good guys but I'm sad to see him go....or will he pop up again?
            Personally, I've liked Olivia from the start. And as for Peter, I'm sure we'll learn more about his past as the show goes on.

As for
            Spoiler:
            John Scott, I don't think we've seen the last of him. Just a feeling I have.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Tonight's episode was quite intriguing, not only with Olivia's "ability", but also the idea of the war between realities. I think this could be a turning point and we will start to see these opposing sides coming together to fight this other reality.

Comment

Originally posted by prattmic View Post
                Tonight's episode was quite intriguing, not only with Olivia's "ability", but also the idea of the war between realities. I think this could be a turning point and we will start to see these opposing sides coming together to fight this other reality.
                and that Dr. Bishop wrote ZFT :O

KEEP IT CLEAN
                Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Awesome episode tonight. I can't say enough how much I love this show. The one downside though, is that we now have to wait until April to see the next one. It just came back from a break.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Awesome episode tonight. I can't say enough how much I love this show. The one downside though, is that we now have to wait until April to see the next one. It just came back from a break.
                    You did NOT just write that! Why in the bleep do we have to wait until April?!? It just got more interesting.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Will Olivia and Peter get a little closer this season on Fringe? — Martha

Spoiler:
                      MICKEY: Only if they're wearing Arrid Extra Dry. The show's producers have consistently said that they want any Olivia-Peter flirtation to simmer, not boil. Besides, of the two Dunham girls we've met, Peter only has googly eyes for one of them.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...S-1002743.aspx

Comment

The showrunners really topped themselves tonight. The show has been on a slow boil leading up to this but I'm glad that it's finally going somewhere. Interesting developments and Jones continues to be a fascinating character.

Spoiler:
                        Walter wrote the ZFT manifesto... what a lovely twist!

Who knows, the show might actually turn out to be quite an intriguing, original piece of scifi!

Bummer news about the two month hiatus... just when it gets really good too.

More about Peter too please... not just his ready-made selection of seedy connections.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Preview:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...review_11.html

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that this will turn out to be like the movie The Arrival ? Aliens taking over the Government etc

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                              You did NOT just write that! Why in the bleep do we have to wait until April?!? It just got more interesting.
                              Yeah, what a bummer, isn't it? But, this show has proved itself to be well worth the excruciating wait.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What is the DEAL with Massive Dynamics? Are they good? bad, or ugly or are they Grey? do they stand between the candle and the flame..oops wrong show
                                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Working...
                                X