Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fringe gets full season:

Spoiler:
    Fans of Fringe can let out a collective sigh of relief: The suspense will continue and the mysteries just might get solved (maybe). Fox has ordered a full season of J.J. Abrams' freshman drama following a promising first few weeks, the network confirms to TVGuide.com. Fringe's benefits to the net have been consistently good ratings since its 90-minute opener Sept. 9, with an average 10.7 million total viewers each week, landing it at the top of debut adult shows this fall.

Source: TV Guide

Comment

jep, i love fringe.....
      i did not expect to like joshua jackson, but hes kinda okay.... i love his dad though,!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I'm starting to go off it, the writing was weak this episode, loads of cliches not to mention the Dr Who rip. I can't believe the episode centered around giant vibrator.
        lol
        i thought it was good, definatly gavve a little more insight about the bald-man (the next cigarette smoking man?) Also i liked how the father-son relationship got progress int hat we explored it more. i'm also glad for one cliche that we didn't see, at the end when Dr. bishop talk to his assistant and appologizes for his wrong-doing, but she didn't respond which is better than her saying "oh thank you, it's ok" or something a long that line.

KEEP IT CLEAN
        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Fringe starts in the UK this Sunday, now that it's been given a full season i think i will tune in and see what it is like.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            I'm starting to go off it, the writing was weak this episode, loads of cliches not to mention the Dr Who rip. I can't believe the episode centered around giant vibrator.
            I think this episode was different in style from the ones preceding it, but I don't see it as weaker or more cliche than the rest of them.

If anything, I think this episode was stronger....giant vibrator aside.

More than anything, I really enjoyed the development between Peter and Walter. We were fed little tidbits of information about their history, about Peter's mother and her relationship with Walter, and we got a little clue as to why Walter may have commented on Peter's medical history to Olivia. What happened to Peter after that accident?

Noble played Walter ridiculously well in this episode. The man (the character) is actually mentally unstable. I don't think I really believed it until now, and while he may not be the popular definition of "insane", you can see that he isn't all there all the time. His personality flips and he's quick to anger and impatience, but he can still make sense of the world around most of the time, and the only thing that seems to seperate him from everyone else is his inability to communicate in terms that everyone else understands?

Has he always been like this? The comment about his wife suggests that he's been like this for a long time at least.

And I rather enjoyed the lack of too much mention about The Pattern or Massive Dynamec.

Just my two cents.
            sigpic

Comment

Ep 4 was good.
              Spoiler:
              Liked the introduction of the bald 'observer'. Walter continues to be awesome.
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Fringe 1x06 press release (spoilers):

Spoiler:
                Episode 1x06 "The Cure"

CURE FOR RARE DISEASE MAKES PATIENTS RADIOACTIVE ON “FRINGE” TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21, ON FOX

After weeks of being reported missing, a woman with a rare disease resurfaces in suburban Massachusetts and inexplicably causes excruciating pain and subsequent death to those she encounters. As the gruesome scene is investigated, dangerous levels of radiation are detected, and unusual circumstances surrounding the case point to illegal human drug trials and possibly something even more sinister. Meanwhile, Walter obsesses about cotton candy, Peter strikes a bargain with Nina Sharp and a startling piece of Olivia’s past is revealed in the all-new “The Cure” episode of FRINGE airing Tuesday, Oct. 21 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis; Mark Valley as John Scott; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Chris Eigemann as David Esterbrook; Marjan Neshat as Claire Williams; Alok Tewari as Dr. Sanjay Patel; Maria Dizzia as Emily Kramer; Robert Eli as Ken Williams; Lisa Emery as Paula Kramer; and William Hill as Officer Marty

Source: Fox

JJ Abrams interview:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...interview.html

Comment

Promo pics for 1x06:http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/1...omotional.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                    I think this episode was different in style from the ones preceding it, but I don't see it as weaker or more cliche than the rest of them.

If anything, I think this episode was stronger....giant vibrator aside.

More than anything, I really enjoyed the development between Peter and Walter. We were fed little tidbits of information about their history, about Peter's mother and her relationship with Walter, and we got a little clue as to why Walter may have commented on Peter's medical history to Olivia. What happened to Peter after that accident?

Noble played Walter ridiculously well in this episode. The man (the character) is actually mentally unstable. I don't think I really believed it until now, and while he may not be the popular definition of "insane", you can see that he isn't all there all the time. His personality flips and he's quick to anger and impatience, but he can still make sense of the world around most of the time, and the only thing that seems to seperate him from everyone else is his inability to communicate in terms that everyone else understands?

Has he always been like this? The comment about his wife suggests that he's been like this for a long time at least.

And I rather enjoyed the lack of too much mention about The Pattern or Massive Dynamec.

Just my two cents.
                    Nice two cents! I'm really enjoying the show and I want to see where it goes. Even got my folks to watch and they don't watch Lost.

Comment

Thus far, this show has surprised me with how good it has been. In fact, it really sucks it isn't on this week.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just got off watching the pilot and was quite intrigued by the story though at times I thought it was a tad slow moving. Still, it does feel like the show has a fair bit of potential to it.
                        I must say I was particularly impressed with Joshua Jackson, playing the reluctant genius with his smart ass comments.

Against all initial misgivings... I daresay I'm interested.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

it's a great show
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

this past episode was the best to date.

Comment

Glad to hear that the general consensus is that the last episode was a strong one.

From Popular Mechanics:
                              Fringe's Fiery New Eruption Puzzles Materials Scientists
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                In fact, it really sucks it isn't on this week.
                                It's not?

Why is that?
                                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                                X