Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    I found the second episode to be a total bore. I kept looking a the clock hoping it would end. Maybe it's just that I was tired, but I don't think so.
    I also agree with this, i was watching the episode that aired last night and i was having a hard time keeping up. The story looked interesting form the beginning with the ultra-fast pregnancy...but after that i gave up watching. Maybe I'll try watching the next episode to see if it changes.

Maybe i was just having high expectations has being a fan of J. J. Abrams work.

Comment

who the hell is DARIN MORGAN?
      greetings....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        who the hell is DARIN MORGAN?
        He did some of the more... interesting episodes of X-Files. Usually the funny ones. Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' still makes me giggle just thinking about it. Did a couple eps of Millennium, too. He mostly does "consulting producer" stuff now (and was thusly involved with Bionic Woman, which isn't such a stellar resume item). He's done a bit of acting, too, although it's his writing that I love. I wonder how much actual consulting he does, though. Huh.

Comment

2nd ep wasn't too bad.

Also improved in the ratings which is good, mind you, anything should do well following House.

Originally posted by Psychodad View Post
          It's got a good cast. I really like John Noble as Dr. Bishop. His character is pretty quirky and I think we'll see some interesting twist as his story unfolds.
          Yeah, the Dr. character is certianly interesting, and has potential.

Originally posted by Psychodad
          Nice to see Lance Reddik as Agent Boyles. I've admired his acting since The Wire.
          I've recently started watching The Wire (Into season 2 atm). He is quality.
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Watched the first two episodes. I usually like science fiction and mystery series, but this show isn't science fiction it is about psuedo science. A show that has such stupid science shouldn't take itself to seriously. This kind of stuff belongs in a comedy. The first episode was ok on the mystery aspect, but the second was just boring. Won't be watching this show again.
            sigpic

Comment

As it turns out, that timeslot is going to be overloaded. Eureka is on at the same time and I was thinking I'd be able to switch back to watching that but now I see that The Mentalist is on then, too. *sigh* Not very sure about that one, either, but for now it will take precedence in my viewing schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                As it turns out, that timeslot is going to be overloaded. Eureka is on at the same time and I was thinking I'd be able to switch back to watching that but now I see that The Mentalist is on then, too. *sigh* Not very sure about that one, either, but for now it will take precedence in my viewing schedule.
                Talking about crowded time slots: "Stargate Atlantis" airs on FX ( Latin America ) at the exact time of "Fringe" and "The Mentalist". Since I live on the border, I get American channels too, so I decided to watch "Fringe", flip channels during commercia breaks to check out "The Mentalist" ( and wait 'till mexican cable system picks the show ) and see the rest of "Atlantis" on DVD

Comment

I love this show. Will watch every week.

Comment

I liked it. It's alike a cross between The X-Files and Torchwood, but good.

Comment

Finally got around to checking out this show, admittedly, because it's a JJ Abrams production. I'll admit, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Alias. So I was excited to see what new thing he came up with this time around.

New? Not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm interested and I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot and the second episode, but the similarities between the two shows are striking.

Female main character working as an agent for a government organization, loses the love of her life, and ends up working for an uber-secretive organization.

Conspiracies and secrets abound and no one is who or what they appear to be.

Again, I liked it and I'll be watching more episodes to see what road this whole takes. I'm just sayin'.... Abrams isn't exactly revolutionizing the thriller genre.

Quick question, are we supposed to be assuming that Bishop genetically altered his son pre-birth or that he had some potentially fatal medical problem that required the good doctor to do something to him later in life?
                      sigpic

Comment

I love this show. I never watched Alias so this is sort of new to me. I really like the psuedo-science and I love the characters.

I hope it sticks around.

Comment

Anyone watch the latest episode? I was stuck at uni so I missed it.

Good or bad?
                          sigpic

Comment

2 or 3?

Comment

I was talking about the third. But I'll get around to watching it today so I guess I'll also see for myself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Fringe 1x04 promo:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...nge-promo.html

Comment

Working...
                                X