No announcement yet.

Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I'm all caught up now. Looking forward to the next episode.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Ahhh...the observers...what wonderous things!
    Spoiler:
    Peter wasn't really erased from time...the event of the observer saving him from drowning didn't happen. This means that Olivia never met Peter as a child. Its sortta like the butterfly effect.
    Spoiler:
    I understand that happened, I guess its hard grasping what that actually means. I think because it is in the same universe, but an alternate time line, though the people are the same from the original time line? And if Peter "fixes" things with the machine, what will happen? Remains to be seen.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah "wait and see" is about all we can do
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        Ok I'm all caught up now. Looking forward to the next episode.

Spoiler:
        I understand that happened, I guess its hard grasping what that actually means. I think because it is in the same universe, but an alternate time line, though the people are the same from the original time line? And if Peter "fixes" things with the machine, what will happen? Remains to be seen.
        I guess Peter is hoping that he can go back to his time to before he disappeared ?

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
          Last episode was fantastic, Fringe never ceases to amaze me.
          AND finally the greatest villain in Fringe is back, I find him incredibly chilling. Jared Harris does a wonderful job!
          I do agree with that. He makes a great bad guy.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Schedule is still holding, no bumps yet. And another title:

Jan 27 -- 4.10 "Forced Perspective"
            Feb 03 -- 4.11 "Making Angels"
            Feb 10 -- 4.12 "Welcome to Westfield"
            Feb 17 -- 4.13
            Feb 24 -- 4.14
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It would be so great if those episodes could run uninterrupted like that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So, does anybody think that these people were born with a built purpose in mind? I mean Olivia was born to become a FBI agent and Walter was born to be a scientist and I'm assuming there's a Fringe division in mostly every universe where these two appear.
                Back from the grave.

Comment

No, I don't think predestination plays any role in this series. Heck, the Observer bit at the end of the most recent episode seems to verify that fairly conclusively--despite the answer he saw.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    No, I don't think predestination plays any role in this series. Heck, the Observer bit at the end of the most recent episode seems to verify that fairly conclusively--despite the answer he saw.
                    I know, but I can't forget that comment
                    Spoiler:
                    ("From what he's seen, Olivia dies in every universe")
                    and the stuff that we're seeing with Olivia hints at her fate
                    Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                      I know, but I can't forget that comment
                      Spoiler:
                      ("From what he's seen, Olivia dies in every universe")
                      and the stuff that we're seeing with Olivia hints at her fate
                      And that in itself verifies it IMO. There's no fate factor here, that just (appears) to be the only eventuality. There's nothing predestined about it, that's just how it is.

Comment

Schedule continues, and another title!

Feb 3 -- 4.11 "Making Angels"
                        Feb 17 -- 4.13 "A Better Human Being"
                        Feb 24 -- 4.14

Comment

Schedule continues, and another title!
                          And another!

Feb 3 -- 4.11 "Making Angels"
                          Feb 17 -- 4.13 "A Better Human Being"
                          Feb 24 -- 4.14 "The End of All Things"

Comment

FOUR episodes on the schedule to actually RUN ON THIER ORIGINAL AIRDATES?! So much for tha TVBTN user 'predicting' that the show would be cut by 4x13

Comment

Sweet, "The End of All Things" sounds exciting; can't wait!
                              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                                FOUR episodes on the schedule to actually RUN ON THIER ORIGINAL AIRDATES?! So much for tha TVBTN user 'predicting' that the show would be cut by 4x13
                                There are usually one to two weeks breaks before the finale

Comment

Working...
                                X