Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are they losing money, I wonder?

It'll be a shame if the axe does fall... such a good show. One of the better things on television right now.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      How are they losing money, I wonder?
      Probably the advertising revenue doesn't cover the cost of making the show, that could also serve as a hint to someone further up the chain that it needs to be moved to another night, he seems to be very specific in the way he says it.

Or they could stop paying Darrell Waltrip & NASCAR they stupid amounts of money they do to broadcast a few races and money saved would fun Fringe until the year X, considering how much they pay for those rights, I honestly can't see them turning a profit on that either.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Honestly, I don't understand why Friday is such a bad TV night? I enjoy coming home after a week at work and being a bum on Friday night watching my TV shows. If I go out...its on Saturday.
        I agree. Friday night is the best night for TV watching for me. Usually during the week..it's a long week and Friday night is 'relax night'. I can almost guarantee I will be home Friday night....the rest of the nights of the week, not so much.

Fringe is one of the few shows I really enjoy watch anymore!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          I agree. Friday night is the best night for TV watching for me. Usually during the week..it's a long week and Friday night is 'relax night'. I can almost guarantee I will be home Friday night....the rest of the nights of the week, not so much.

Fringe is one of the few shows I really enjoy watch anymore!
          I enjoy Fringe and Supernatural on Friday nights! I remember has a kid Friday night was THE night to watch TV. Dallas, Falcon Crest, Dukes of Hazzard, Wonder Woman, and The Incredible Hulk (just to name a few) were all on Friday nights. All of those shows had runs of several years.
          sigpic

Comment

The news of the possibility of Fringe getting canceled is spreading like wild fire. Even AOL had a news story on it. This is a good thing though. Get more fans aware of the possibility. Which would force FOX to at least give the show a final 13 episode season to end it properly. Otherwise once again they would look like the bad guys

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Those articles don't bode well.
              No, they definitely do not. All we can do is enjoy the rest of this season as much as we can, and hope for the best.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                No, they definitely do not. All we can do is enjoy the rest of this season as much as we can, and hope for the best.
                I agree...and we can pray a little too

...white tulips....
                sigpic

Comment

I really can't wait until tomorrow night. Should be pretty good.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I really can't wait until tomorrow night. Should be pretty good.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've watched the first 6 episodes of season 4, and they have been great so far.

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is the consequences of Peter disappearing. Up until that exact instant that he disappeared, certain events took place with resulting consequences. In that one instant everything was erased and altered. I find that hard to believe. Its as if time readjusted itself to account for one person who is no longer there. I've never seen that happen before. Not only did they forget everything about Peter and what's related to him, but they have some totally new memories as well. How can all this happen instantaneously without any after-effects?

All the things they DID when Peter was around still happened right? Its like travelling back in time and changing every little detail that Peter was involved in. An entire timeline is altered. All in an instant. How far back do the changes go?

Maybe some of this is answered in the next episodes, but up until this point it isn't very clear what exactly happened.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        I've watched the first 6 episodes of season 4, and they have been great so far.

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is the consequences of Peter disappearing. Up until that exact instant that he disappeared, certain events took place with resulting consequences. In that one instant everything was erased and altered. I find that hard to believe. Its as if time readjusted itself to account for one person who is no longer there. I've never seen that happen before. Not only did they forget everything about Peter and what's related to him, but they have some totally new memories as well. How can all this happen instantaneously without any after-effects?

All the things they DID when Peter was around still happened right? Its like travelling back in time and changing every little detail that Peter was involved in. An entire timeline is altered. All in an instant. How far back do the changes go?

Maybe some of this is answered in the next episodes, but up until this point it isn't very clear what exactly happened.
                        Ahhh...the observers...what wonderous things!
                        Spoiler:
                        Peter wasn't really erased from time...the event of the observer saving him from drowning didn't happen. This means that Olivia never met Peter as a child. Its sortta like the butterfly effect.
                        sigpic

Comment

^ Yep, exactly!

Updated schedule/titles:

Tonight -- 4.08 Back to Where You've Never Been
                          Jan 20 -- 4.09 Enemy of My Enemy
                          Jan 27 -- 4.10 Forced Perspective
                          Feb 03 -- 4.11 Making Angels
                          Feb 10 -- 4.12
                          Feb 17 -- 4.13
                          Feb 24 -- 4.14
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I love that stretch of new episodes. Very nice.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Last episode was fantastic, Fringe never ceases to amaze me.
                              AND finally the greatest villain in Fringe is back, I find him incredibly chilling. Jared Harris does a wonderful job!
                              sigpic

Comment

It's great seeing Peter again. Everything seemed so bleak and dreary without him. He's been such a bright spot.
                                Glad to see him so gungho and energetic.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X