Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    We will survive the hiatus. We always do.
    We will. I just hope the show will
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

I just read on airlock alpha an article about fringe... Hope is not lost, but it does not look good concerning ratings.., but there is still faith there Could be a season five, no surprisingly though they ordered the full season, which could be grateful these days...

The seven season story which they pointed at earlier is dead, I guess? fringe is the only real show which keeps me on every weekend..
      sigpic

Comment

I will try and remain positive about that for now. I just want to enjoy what is left of this season.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          I just read on airlock alpha an article about fringe...
          Was it by that Hinman guy? I've never read anyone so consistently wrong about everything under the sun (I guess everyone needs a talent), so maybe there's hope yet.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Was it by that Hinman guy? I've never read anyone so consistently wrong about everything under the sun (I guess everyone needs a talent), so maybe there's hope yet.
            I think it was.. did not care for the author.. only for Fringe..sorry http://airlockalpha.com/node/8790/sp...of-fringe.html yeah, as it turned out, you were right!
            sigpic

Comment

New Fringe teaser for the return!

Holy crap, I spy
              Spoiler:
              Mr Jones!

Comment

Nice teaser! My wife and I can't wait for Fringe to return.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Incidentally, a bunch more episodes have been scheduled. Here's the upcoming dates....at least until FOX picks some stupid arbitrary reason to preempt it yet again:

Jan 13 -- 4.08 Back to Where You've Never Been
                  Jan 20 -- 4.09 Enemy of My Enemy
                  Jan 27 -- 4.10
                  Feb 3 -- 4.11
                  Feb 10 -- 4.12
                  Feb 17 -- 4.13
                  Feb 24 -- 4.14

Comment

I hope they keep those dates. That is a nice stretch with new episodes.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Can't wait for this coming Friday!
                      sigpic

Comment

This worries me

Fringe Bosses Say this Season's Finale Can Work As Series Finale, But Hint at New Home for Saga

Fringe‘s uncertain future was a hot topic Sunday at the Television Critics Association press tour, with both the president of Fox and executive producer J.J. Abrams weighing in on what is and what might need to be.

But when TVLine spoke with EPs Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman earlier this week — after screening the show’s winter premiere (airing Friday, Jan. 13) — they shared their exit plan (or absence of one) should this turn out to be the final season.

“The answer to that question is the same every year,” Pinkner started when asked if and when they’d need a heads up to wrap things up. “Worst case scenario, if this were the last aired season of Fringe — and as we’ve said before, there are other outlets where we could continue our stories, be they graphic novels or webisodes — we know what the end of this season is going to be, and it can function as a series finale.”

Pinkner said that last season’s capper likewise could have served as an apropos out for the sci-fi saga. “Had Peter, the lynchpin for the reason the show existed, been the one to sacrifice himself heroically to save the two universes and the woman he loved, it would have been a very authentic end.”

Fox president Kevin Reilly, when fielding questions about Fringe‘s fate, said the show has been a “point of pride” for him, as boss of a network that famously has let down genre-TV fans. Alas, Fringe is “an expensive show” that is not yielding a profit, he noted, “and we’re not in the business of losing money.”

Reilly said that conversations with Fringe‘s creative team and production studios have yet to take place. But Abrams, for one, says he’s “crossing [his] fingers” that the story of Peter, Olivia, Walter et al “gets to continue — and if not on Fox, maybe somewhere else.”

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/fringe...wyman-pinkner/

Comment

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/08/fo...ringe-renewal/

Fox on 'Fringe' renewal: 'We're not in the business of losing money'

Fox’s entertainment president Kevin Reilly candidly addressed the topic of whether Fringe will get a fifth season. Asked by critics at the network’s press tour event in Pasadena, if the Friday night show is coming back, he said: “Fringe has been a point of pride. I share the passion for the show the fans have. I love that Fox, after letting down genre fans over the years [came through with Fringe]. I love that fans stuck with it after it moved to Friday. It has vastly improved our Friday night.”

Now all that sounds great, right? Not so fast. There’s more.

“The hesitation in my voice is that it’s an expensive show. We lose a lot of money on the show. But with that rating on that night it’s almost impossible for us to make money on it. We’re not in the business of losing money. We need to figure out if there’s a [deal with studio Warner Bros. that] will make sense or will this be it.

And here’s another thing. After his Q&A, Reilly told a huddle of reporters that Fringe producers will have to write their current season finale before Fox and Warner Bros. sit down to discuss a renewal. So if this is the last season of Fringe, we might only get a true series finale ending is if producers basically bet on the show being cancelled (which doesn’t seem likely).

“I’m not quietly doing the ‘soft cancel’ here,” Reilly added. “Please don’t start the letter-writing campaign. I can’t take it. I hope we get some credit with the fans for seeing through a great show.”

After his panel promoting Alcatraz (but before Reilly took the stage) Fringe executive producer J.J. Abrams said he’s hopeful about another season.

“For some sick reason I’m hopeful,” Abrams said. “There’s some stuff coming up this season that’s so great. Maybe it’s dumb optimism that the good work [of the Fringe showrunners] will be rewarded.”

“And if not on Fox,” he added, “maybe somewhere else.”

Comment

Those articles don't bode well.
                            sigpic

Comment

If FOX cancels the show. They will get the blame for moving it to Friday. Which lays on the Presidents shoulder I would think. So yeah his fault

Comment

Honestly, I don't understand why Friday is such a bad TV night? I enjoy coming home after a week at work and being a bum on Friday night watching my TV shows. If I go out...its on Saturday.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X