No announcement yet.

Serenity (Firefly) Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all. My first time venturing into this thread. I don't know why since I'm a huge Firefly fan.

I went to an advance screening of Serenity in May. Loved it! But I can't wait to see the final version.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
      Hey all. My first time venturing into this thread. I don't know why since I'm a huge Firefly fan.

I went to an advance screening of Serenity in May. Loved it! But I can't wait to see the final version.
      Sweet. Did you have a BDH at your screening?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        Sweet. Did you have a BDH at your screening?
        No, unfortunately. Adam Baldwin showed at the first Seattle screening but we had no one for the second. It's ok though. The movie was treat enough.

Comment

Crossposted to the Calling All Australians thread...

UIP are running a competition for the Aus Serenity fans to win tickets to the LA premiere and after premiere party.

http://www.serenitymovie.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=476

Comment

Tragically I think I'm gonna be to lazy to enter that comp, it requires me to do way too much... stuff... that requires effort...

Oh and by the way, the official movie site has been updated. Now we got ourselves fancy Flash stuff http://www.serenitymovie.com/

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
            DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I've seen at last... Woohoo...
              It was soooooo good... all the wonderful Joss Whedon trademark humour was there...
              What a blast!
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm really happy you finally got to see it
                So did it meet your expectations?

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  I've seen at last... Woohoo...
                  It was soooooo good... all the wonderful Joss Whedon trademark humour was there...
                  What a blast!
                  Glad you liked it. I was worried that we were going on about it so much that you might have too high expectations.

Now all we have to do is wait impatiently for the sequel.

Comment

I read somewhere that Serenity has to make more than $80 million in order for Universal to consider a sequel.
                    YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by kelmah
                      I read somewhere that Serenity has to make more than $80 million in order for Universal to consider a sequel.
                      I heard that too. I think it's $80 million worldwide which is a very attainable goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                        I'm really happy you finally got to see it
                        So did it meet your expectations?
                        Even better than what I expected...
                        I tried not to have too high an expectation but I knew it would be good. But it was REALLY good... On par with Batman Begins... or even slightly better because of the dialogue and that edgy humour. Probably the best thing I've seen all year, well, next to Batman...
                        I wanna see it again... and again... and again... (infinitum)

It was a sell-out session and it is wonderful to be watching with such a responsive audience... laughing at all the right places... clapping and cheering. Joss' speech at the beginning was a hoot...
                        Oh yeah... there were at least 3 Jayne wannabes with THAT hat...

Spoiler:
                        Mal was really teetering on the edge wasn't he...? Phew... I love my Mal. Also very sad with regard to certain main characters.

I will do my review and analysis and post it on my blog...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Even better than what I expected...
                          I tried not to have too high an expectation but I knew it would be good. But it was REALLY good... On par with Batman Begins... or even slightly better because of the dialogue and that edgy humour. Probably the best thing I've seen all year, well, next to Batman...
                          I wanna see it again... and again... and again... (infinitum)

It was a sell-out session and it is wonderful to be watching with such a responsive audience... laughing at all the right places... clapping and cheering. Joss' speech at the beginning was a hoot...
                          Oh yeah... there were at least 3 Jayne wannabes with THAT hat...

Spoiler:
                          Mal was really teetering on the edge wasn't he...? Phew... I love my Mal. Also very sad with regard to certain main characters.

Cool I hope my first viewing turns out as well. Over here we don't get the movie till October BUT on the plus side its coming out at the perfect time for my college's SciFi society to go see. So hopefully we will be able to book all the seats in the cinema and see it as one huge Firefly mad crowd
                          sigpic

Comment

You have a blog?

Comment

Oh yeah...
                              Check out my sig...
                              sigpic

Comment

More (shiny) Cast Pics

I wonder if the guys had some photos done as well. It doesn't seem fair that only the ladies get individual shoots.

Comment

Working...
                                X