Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entire Firefly Cast Set to Return for Online Game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Entire Firefly Cast Set to Return for Online Game

    As it was announced at Comic-Con, along with the release of the first gameplay trailer of the upcoming MMO, it has been confirmed that the entire main cast of Firefly will be lending their voice talents to their respective roles once more. To what degree we don't know yet but still... Can't wait!

    full-firefly-cast-to-return-for-upcoming-online-game
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

    #2
    Risky for them to be launching a MMO with Destiny, Star citizen, limited theory and Elite Dangerous all launching in the next few months.

    Firefly sadly look the worst of them all. In fact it looks terrible.
    Last edited by knowles2; July 25, 2014, 03:04 AM.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Risky for them to be launching a MMO with Destiny, Star citizen, limited theory and Elite Dangerous all launching in the next few months.

      Firefly sadly look the worst of them all. In fact it looks terrible.
      Gameplay wise it looks outdated yes, but that's not the point. You don't need big graphics to make a great game. All they need to do is stay true to the show, and the show was not about being big and brash and having massive battles. It was much more about being able to go your own way and make your own choices in a complex, political universe. Based on what I know, Firefly Online is definitely taking it in that direction.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Gameplay wise it looks outdated yes, but that's not the point. You don't need big graphics to make a great game. All they need to do is stay true to the show, and the show was not about being big and brash and having massive battles. It was much more about being able to go your own way and make your own choices in a complex, political universe. Based on what I know, Firefly Online is definitely taking it in that direction.
        An I can do all of that in Elite Dangerous and have pretty graphics, 1:1 planets, 1:1 solar system and 1:1 galaxy to explore. Star Citizen will certainly have some of that when it release sometime in the next couple of years. Destiny has a lot it as well.

        So Firefly is coming to a extremely competitive market and it looks extremely poor. An frankly people who play these games do care about graphics and expect them to look at least reasonable or stylise them to hide the poor graphic quality. Star trek online got better graphics than this game has, an that game 4 years old.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          An I can do all of that in Elite Dangerous and have pretty graphics, 1:1 planets, 1:1 solar system and 1:1 galaxy to explore. Star Citizen will certainly have some of that when it release sometime in the next couple of years. Destiny has a lot it as well.

          So Firefly is coming to a extremely competitive market and it looks extremely poor. An frankly people who play these games do care about graphics and expect them to look at least reasonable or stylise them to hide the poor graphic quality. Star trek online got better graphics than this game has, an that game 4 years old.
          They're completely different style of games.

          Don't get me wrong. I'm keeping a close eye on Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous and I intend on getting them on release BUT I also intend to get Firefly online. Because it'll be different, it'll have its own community and set of fans who will be telling their own stories. It'll feel much more quaint and easy going, as Firefly should be.

          Star Citizen and Elte: Dangerous will also be pretty graphically intense games. A lot of gamers won't be able to play them right away. I know I won't be able to. Firefly won't be about what they're about anyway. You can't make a Firefly game a space shooter for example, for the pure and simple reason that that's not what the series is all about.

          If nothing else the game will have the interest of plenty of Browncoats, particularly with the cast returning for it. It's out in a couple of months anyway so either way we'll soon find out. I think you will find that there is a market for it, even if it's just fans and more casual gamers.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

          Comment

          Working...
          X