X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pscard
    replied
    From Blastr: Fox actually wants a Firefly revival, there's just one catch

“Given the success of Fox’s reboots of The X-Files and 24, and Prison Break returning this year, Madden said he’d be open to a Firefly reboot if Joss Whedon himself wanted to revisit it. Madden suspects Whedon is now too busy with movies, and he would not consider doing Firefly without Whedon.”

Leave a comment:

• Debi
    replied
    I would love this!

Admittedly in my case a new film would be likely to be shown somewhere in this country too so I wouldn't have to count down the days to the end of the series and the publication of the DVD boxset but hey...I can wait if it means lots of Firefly. With the same cast please.

Leave a comment:

• maxart111
    replied
    Please more Firefy But with the original cast only and no excuses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• knowles2
    replied
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/30...sherwood/58709

ORION
    National Treasure meets Firefly in this swashbuckling space opera about an adventurous female relic hunter and her team as they hunt down — and sometimes steal — valuable and powerful objects to sell on the black market, all while staying one step ahead of the bounty hunters hot on their heels.
    Co-Executive Producers/Writers: Dirk Blackman & Howard McCain
    Co-Executive Producers: George Krstic & Ryuhei Kitamura
    Supervising Producer: F.J. Desanto
    Studio: Universal Cable Production

Bet this is what cause this little rumour to appear on the internet.
    An just what I thought it would be to, Firefly inspired TV show.

Leave a comment:

• Cairistiona
    replied
    Please more Firefy!!! But with the original cast, with only new actors it would not be the same.

Leave a comment:

• Specter177
    replied
    A new movie would be better than a new series. Much easier to work around the actor's schedule that way. Recasting, while it would be a typical SyFy move, would completely ruin what fans loved about the show.

Leave a comment:

• MajorWoods
    replied
    I thought we were getting the comics to explain everything.

Leave a comment:

• AnnieS
    replied
    What about a webseries?? They are doing that with Farscape.

That would be a great way to introduce the show to a new fanbase aswell.

Leave a comment:

• Homer 120
    replied
    Thought this was too good to be true. I don't see anything happening in the near future for FireFly. Plus, Nathan's 'Castle' is going on its 3rd Season, Morena's on V, Adam Baldwin's on Chuck, the list goes on.

Leave a comment:

• Esquin
    replied
    Firefly was never good because of the stories.

The best parts of Firefly were the characters, a prequel or anything similar wouldn't be the same.

Leave a comment:

• Puddle-Jumper
    replied
    Well I wouldn't mind seeing more the story of the firefly-verse, possible following on from the end of serenity with a new cast, or even a prequel, I know its not ideal but this long after a show has being cancelled its a logistical nightmare to get it back up and running again

Tbh I really don't see why syfy don't do something with the firefly franchise, there is a huge buzz around it in sci-fi communities, like if im a syfy executive and the script for warehouse 13 and a firefly spin off are both sitting on my desk.. its a pretty easy choice of which one to pick

Leave a comment:

• EvilSpaceAlien
    replied
    Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Like how this thread was created after Craig Engler at Syfy said this:

http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/16713340703
    Yeah, not a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Madwelshboy
    replied
    Like how this thread was created after Craig Engler at Syfy said this:

FYI, the rumor going around today that Syfy is continuing Firefly is false.
    7:41 PM Jun 21st via Twitter for BlackBerry®
    http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/16713340703

Leave a comment:

• kennythewraith
    replied
    i wont believe it until i see it

Leave a comment:

• Fan-e-Gate
    replied
    Joss has said that the movie was like closure for him. (Not the exact words, but you get my meaning) & wouldn't do another one. But he has supported the fan film; Redemption. (I think)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X