Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
    i love serenity and firefly and wats really unfortunate is that the show is better than half the crap we have on now...and was the last good thing joss whedon ever did....
    I agree, especially on free to air TV. Reality shows anyone?
    Australian free TV is plagued with it in primetime.

By the way,
    has Anyone Heard the song - In My Sky - By Sheena Colbath Harden
    sigpic

Comment

I've watched Serenity lately and definately want to watch the show too
      What surprised me was Jewel's character, so great
      sigpic
      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Just watched it again, its been about a year since I last saw it. I know own it on Blu-Ray, and I got to say its even better the last time I watched it! That seems to happen after not watching something for a long time. I never noticed before but the music is just spectacular. I wish there was a sequel movie or something.

Comment

Hmm, 'Serenity' was my intro to 'Firefly'. I mean, I've heard/been told about it, but didn't really mind it back then (kinda the same story w/ my experience for Farscape then SG-1).
          I first saw 'Serenity' on cable (HBO, or Star, I forget which)...next thing I knew, I had the DVDs for both Firefly and Serenity (and one comic book). It'd be nice to see more...any chance of that?
          sigpic

Comment

No. probably not. We can hope. But it doesn't seem like it will ever happen.

Just finished my Blu of Serenity. Such a good disk. Incredible Picture quality and sound!
            sigpic
            Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

I just watched this again on SyFy last night and really enjoyed the movie. I saw it in the threatres when it came out. Too bad the movie didn't build enough of a fan base to restart the series.
              sigpic

Comment

This is really one of my favourite shows and film ever.
                I was so bummed to find it was only one season.
                And then thrilled when they brought the movie out.

Sadly I recently lost my copy of the film, but, looking on the bright side, I can now buy the 2 disk version
                Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

I'm not sure if this was already posted but I got this from Spoiler Geeks aka MrsB108......

http://blastr.com/2011/02/nathan-fillion-and-firefl.php

I would love to see Firefly again.... not sure how they would pull it off though with Nathan doing really well on Castle and Morena on V.

Comment

True.
                    While I'd love to see Firefly back on TV, I love Fillion on Castle.
                    In a perfect world they'd go for a 6 month rotation of both series

My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                      True.
                      While I'd love to see Firefly back on TV, I love Fillion on Castle.
                      In a perfect world they'd go for a 6 month rotation of both series
                      I could go for that idea!!
                      I love Castle too. Nathan is so perfect for this role... and it's the longest running series he's been on. Makes it even better for him. So he would have to do both... right?

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        I could go for that idea!!
                        I love Castle too. Nathan is so perfect for this role... and it's the longest running series he's been on. Makes it even better for him. So he would have to do both... right?
                        IKR! Nathan IS Castle! I'm glad the guy's finally landed a role that has him on my TV more often.
                        Oh, yeah, definitely. An actor of his caliber could handle that

Comment

IKR! Nathan IS Castle! I'm glad the guy's finally landed a role that has him on my TV more often.
                          Oh, yeah, definitely. An actor of his caliber could handle that
                          My Husband loves the show too. There's never an episode that we don't laugh in.

When he did the salute to Mal in their first Halloween ep I nearly died! And the banter between him and Alexis...
                          Alexis: What exactly are you suppose to be?"
                          Castle: "Space cowboy."
                          Alexis: "Ok, A) there are no cows in space and B) didn't you wear that like 5 years ago?"

Still looks good in that outfit!!!

And I agree. I think he could handle it too. He does love his fans.

Comment

My Husband loves the show too. There's never an episode that we don't laugh in.

When he did the salute to Mal in their first Halloween ep I nearly died! And the banter between him and Alexis...
                            Alexis: What exactly are you suppose to be?"
                            Castle: "Space cowboy."
                            Alexis: "Ok, A) there are no cows in space and B) didn't you wear that like 5 years ago?"

Still looks good in that outfit!!!

And I agree. I think he could handle it too. He does love his fans.
                            The Halloween ep is what turned the tide and got my bro watching the show too.
                            It was awesome of ABC to let them slip that in for the Firefly fans (Including Nathan, seeing as he's one too)

I agree
                            The outfit is perfect for him
                            I was hoping he'd go through the entire episode dressed like that, but alas.

I'm suddenly wishing I was a millionaire, just so I could buy the rights and make it possible.

Comment

The Halloween ep is what turned the tide and got my bro watching the show too.
                              It was awesome of ABC to let them slip that in for the Firefly fans (Including Nathan, seeing as he's one too)

I agree
                              The outfit is perfect for him
                              I was hoping he'd go through the entire episode dressed like that, but alas.

I'm suddenly wishing I was a millionaire, just so I could buy the rights and make it possible.
                              Besides the stories... I think what makes the show is all the playful banters and UST.
                              I agree.It was really nice of them. I didn't know this... some how I missed it, but Nathan said there's an ep that he's wearing blue surgical gloves at a crime scene and he flashes his fingers... 2 and 2. As in... "Fingers of blue.... 2 by 2." Nathan also said he has something from Firefly on his bookcase. I'll have to watch Season 1 to find it.

They've also done if for the actor that does Ryan... for the character he did for One Life to Live... and I think the same soap did a nod for Nathan and his former charcter... A friend of mine told me something about it. I guess the woman that played his wife or whatever had one of the books by Rick Castle... saw his face on the back of the book and said something like, "He looks familar." lol

Oh I wish he did too. I was late coming into the show... I came in when him and Beckett were going the the murder site... I saw his outfit and squealed! Then I went the next day online to watch the beginning and Squeed even more.

Right!

Edit: Well, G'night. It was nice meeting and talking to you Siara!
                              Last edited by scifan; 18 February 2011, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Besides the stories... I think what makes the show is all the playful banters and UST.
                                I agree.It was really nice of them. I didn't know this... some how I missed it, but Nathan said there's an ep that he's wearing blue surgical gloves at a crime scene and he flashes his fingers... 2 and 2. As in... "Fingers of blue.... 2 by 2." Nathan also said he has something from Firefly on his bookcase. I'll have to watch Season 1 to find it.

They've also done if for the actor that does Ryan... for the character he did for One Life to Live... and I think the same soap did a nod for Nathan and his former charcter... A friend of mine told me something about it. I guess the woman that played his wife or whatever had one of the books by Rick Castle... saw his face on the back of the book and said something like, "He looks familar." lol

Oh I wish he did too. I was late coming into the show... I came in when him and Beckett were going the the murder site... I saw his outfit and squealed! Then I went the next day online to watch the beginning and Squeed even more.

Right!

Edit: Well, G'night. It was nice meeting and talking to you Siara!
                                Definitely! And the fact that it is UST. Having every woman jump him would be a bit dull, but having Beckett shoot down his advances and tease him as well, I sometimes feel like giving her a high five and saying "You go girl!"
                                I did see the 2 by 2 bit, can't remember which ep though, but I believe it was withing he first two season.
                                And yeah, on the Halloween ep, on the bookshelf to the left as he pops out the door, there's a ship part sitting there

I like Ryan and how he's usually holding one of Castle's books. Beckett created another Castle fan when she gave them her books.
                                I'm gonna have to check that out. I love it when shows refer to each other. It's an easter egg for the fans
                                And makes me seem like such a geek when I keep pointing these things out to people who're watching the shows with me

The browncoat deserves squeeing.
                                I'd love to see a miniature Serenity sitting on Castle's desk

Hmm, it is fun
                                Talk to you soon

Comment

Working...
                                X