No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I start re-watching the DvDs I can't stop. I cant watch one ep a week I gotta watch one after the other. How are you managing that?

I never watched a whole episode of Farscape when it was on TV, because at the time I was heavily into Stargate. But bought the DvDs later on and really enjoyed it, being Australian, it is quite entertaining to point out and guess where you have seen that actor from. A few from Home and Away for eg.
    Matt newton as Jothee is classic, now he is in Underbelly.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
      I'm trying to get an idea how the original fans felt while the show was running, watching an episode a week while skipping a week or two where there was a hiatus. Though, since I've seen the whole series already, I imagine the original fans had it worse, even after translating the weeks to months.

So, this past Saturday, I watched "Unrealized Reality". Now, I have to wait a week-and-a-half before I can watch "Kansas".

As for "UR", it's certainly interesting to watch, especially after having seen PKW. And, the ending... I just had the urge to applaud when...

Spoiler:
      John sees the real Earth for the first time in 3-and-a-half years (1-and-a-half for me in watching)
      Yeah, it could be pretty rough at times. But, this show was worth the wait.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
        I'm trying to get an idea how the original fans felt while the show was running, watching an episode a week while skipping a week or two where there was a hiatus. Though, since I've seen the whole series already, I imagine the original fans had it worse, even after translating the weeks to months.
        The waits in between the weekly showings weren't bad. Gave me something to look forward to. It was the in between season waits that were the hardest. Since I didn't have any of the eps on VHS for long (sometimes I'd record it and then watch it later, especially in the beginning until I got use to the Aussie accents. ).

Then the infamous cancellation came down. THAT was worse than any months of waiting for a new season, that's for sure. I was at the special chat that David Kemper, Richard "Froon" Manning and Ben Browder held as soon as they found out the show had been yanked. I remember sitting there, reading as either David, Froon or Ben wrote that the show had been canceled. I started bawling. I. Kid. You. Not. Then David said "go make some noise" and the fans did. That's how we all got PKW. The backers approached Brian Henson and said they'd pay for the mini, because the fans made so much noise.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          The waits in between the weekly showings weren't bad. Gave me something to look forward to. It was the in between season waits that were the hardest. Since I didn't have any of the eps on VHS for long (sometimes I'd record it and then watch it later, especially in the beginning until I got use to the Aussie accents. ).

Then the infamous cancellation came down. THAT was worse than any months of waiting for a new season, that's for sure. I was at the special chat that David Kemper, Richard "Froon" Manning and Ben Browder held as soon as they found out the show had been yanked. I remember sitting there, reading as either David, Froon or Ben wrote that the show had been canceled. I started bawling. I. Kid. You. Not. Then David said "go make some noise" and the fans did. That's how we all got PKW. The backers approached Brian Henson and said they'd pay for the mini, because the fans made so much noise.
          And I am so glad we did make a lot of noise. PKWs was an amazing gift to us. And so are these comics today, and the promise of webisodes at some point. We just refuse to let Farscape fade away.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Today I ended up watching Season 2's "Out Of Their Minds". That episode cracks me up every time I see it. Seeing everyone portray other characters on the show is so hilarious. The best for me was when Rygel (in Crichton's body) had to relieve himself.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Today I ended up watching Season 2's "Out Of Their Minds". That episode cracks me up every time I see it. Seeing everyone portray other characters on the show is so hilarious. The best for me was when Rygel (in Crichton's body) had to relieve himself.
              Mine is Crichton in Aeryn's body. When that was filmed apparently Claudia was sick with the flu. What a trooper. She also improvised that "chest shimmy" bit.

I also love Rygel in Aeryn. Claudia had Rygel down, just as Ben did.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Mine is Crichton in Aeryn's body. When that was filmed apparently Claudia was sick with the flu. What a trooper. She also improvised that "chest shimmy" bit.

Of course that was an excellent part of the episode too.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i love the part where aeryn walks in on crichton having his little fun with her body.that was just hilarious,the best had to be though when they fixed it all and crichton pretended to be rygel still.the look on everyones faces was priceless!

Comment

FarScape's take on the old body-swapping was certainly the best.

My favorite, I think, was was D'Argo in Pilot, particularly the conversation between him and Pilot in Chiana.
                    sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

So, in general, I think we can pretty much all agree that "Out Of Their Minds" was a great episode then.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        So, in general, I think we can pretty much all agree that "Out Of Their Minds" was a great episode then.
                        yeah i prefer calling it an awesome episode over a great episode my friend

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                          yeah i prefer calling it an awesome episode over a great episode my friend
                          Awesome works for me too.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

looking back i really missed Creis in season 4 and Jewel when she left after the first couple episodes.they were so much better than Noranti and Soukozu,although Soukozo became more interesting as the show went on.

Comment

Pilot preferred Jool over Sikozu, too.
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

well can you blame him really,sikozu did nothing but tell him how to do his job and berate him.anyway she was fine once you realized she really had worse intentions than first believed.

Comment

Working...
                                X