No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question, I'm sure someone here can answer it, or would be willing.

Season 4, episode 1 - Crichton Kicks

Spoiler:

What's with that DRD painted in blue/white/red and 1812?
    and
    What's the song the DRD is playing?

Is there a site out there with Farscape trivia or something?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Another question, I'm sure someone here can answer it, or would be willing.

Season 4, episode 1 - Crichton Kicks

Spoiler:

What's with that DRD painted in blue/white/red and 1812?
      and
      What's the song the DRD is playing?

Is there a site out there with Farscape trivia or something?
      Oh I just watched that episode! And the answer to your questions is ...
      Spoiler:

The tune that is being played through the DRD is the "1812 Overture." Which is why he's called 1812. He's painted red/white/blue because the song has become a staple of american patriotism. Often played on the fourth of July. Here's a link to an interesting article about how the song has evolved.
      Last edited by cshawzye; 05 December 2006, 08:03 AM.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
        Spoiler:

The tune that is being played through the DRD is the "1812 Overture." Which is why he's called 1812. He's painted red/white/blue because the song has become a staple of american patriotism. Often played on the fourth of July. Here's a link to an interesting article about how the song has evolved.
        Here there is what David Kemper and Guy Gross said about
        Spoiler:
        "1812 Overture" in "Farscape The Illustrated Season 4 Companion" book: "Before I wrote "Crichton Kicks", I went and bought six different versions of the "1812 Overture", writer and executive producer David Kemper explains, "and I listened to it five to ten times a day for two months! I wanted the script to have the rhythm of the "1812 Overture". I let Tchaikovsky's music infuse itself into me." The piece turns up throughout the episode. "I thought we'd need at least seven or eight instances of 1812, but in fact I think there's only three playings," composer Guy Gross notes, "but even with only those three times, you get the sense this DRD has been learning how to play it. By the final time, it's practically as orchestral as Crichton has in his head."
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

First of all...thanks.

Secondly, now I know why it sounded so frellin' familiar. It's Tchaikovsky. Just didn't know the title of the song. I know so many tunes but usually not their titles or composer (or I mix em up).
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:

Thanks for the link. I love that piece but I didn't know it started as a Russian victory song. Very interesting article.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Just saw "Look at the Princess Pt I" -fantastic episode!

My favourite scene has to be when
              Spoiler:
              Aeryn kissed Rygel and they pretended that they were compatable, and after the other guy left they both spat on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Spoiler:
                Aeryn kissed Rygel and they pretended that they were compatable, and after the other guy left they both spat on the ground.
                HAHA! I just saw this episode!
                Spoiler:
                I like the end of the third part! With the smiles from both Aeryn and Crichton
                sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

From what I can tell of your description of where you were in the episode, you actually didn't miss much
                  Spoiler:
                  Basically after that D'Argo comes in and he and Crichton start to argue as they walk out of Pilot's den. With D'Argo saying that Crichton failed again and Crichton saying "do you really wanna talk to an angry pilot." I'll post the last little bit of a trascript for you. That I obtained from this site:Farscape Episode Transcripts

PILOT: Get out of here.

JOHN: ( slurring ) Okay.

John hops off the console and marches away, turning back once for a final message.

CUT TO - medium shot on John. In the background, D'Argo stands in half profile just beyond the end of the bridge to the Pilot's station. He looks gravely disappointed, arms crossed over barrel chest, head lowered.

JOHN: You know, you really should get out more, these things do happen.

John turns away, head down, walking across the bridge toward D'Argo.

CUT TO - close on Pilot giving a shake of his carapace and a wordless grumble.

CUT TO - medium shot on John and D'Argo. John stops, facing his partner in crime, then turning away, hands on hips.

D'ARGO: What, he didn't believe you?

JOHN:No.

D'ARGO:Well, what was that thing about a "slim duck"?

JOHN: Slam dunk.

D'ARGO: Whatever. It doesn't matter, He's throwing us off Moya!

JOHN: Yeah, well, you want to give it a go?

John gives D'Argo a 'go right ahead' gesture toward a very cranky Pilot, D'Argo shoots an uncertain look in that direction.

CUT TO - long shot of Pilot who growls audibly.

CUT TO - Medium shot on D'Argo and John, D'Argo turns back to John, shaking his head emphatically.

D'ARGO:No.

JOHN: See. I did my best.

D'ARGO: Your best was to blow it!

JOHN: I did my best!

D'ARGO: Well, you blew it!

JOHN: D'Argo...

John sets his hands on his hips again, settling in for a long argument. [ Shoo-bop music begins again, emphasis on a very sweet trumpet as the credits roll. Guy must play it, don'cha think? ]

JOHN:... he's kicking us off Moya 'cause we argue.

D'ARGO: He's kicking us off Moya because you argue!

JOHN: No, we argue.

D'ARGO: You argue!

JOHN:We! You--

D'ARGO: You argue.

JOHN: You, you, we, ah!

They turn and walk slowly toward the door.

JOHN:We argue-- you would argue with a lampost!

D'ARGO: I do not-- open the door.

JOHN:You open it.

D'ARGO: You open the door!

JOHN:What, you're a girl, I'm gonna open the door for you? Open the door!

CUT TO - STOCK CGI, Ext. Space. Moya drifts away in the shot while, O.V., the guys continue to argue.

D'ARGO:[O.V.] I-I'm older than you, show some respect! You open the door.

JOHN: [O.V.] You can open it-- I'm not openin' the door.

D'ARGO:[O.V.] I'm not openin' no door-- you open it.

FADE TO BLACK

Can't wait to read what you thought about the episode!

Oh and if you can lay your hands on the episode on DVD I'd highly reccommend finding one with the deleted scenes. You wouldn't believe how different the original ending of the episode was. Actually, there is a great interview with Anthony Simcoe where he talks about the episode not working at all the way it was originally intended to air. Something I'd definitely reccomend checking out if you get the chance.
                  Thank you so much *hugs* A link to as transcripts site, thank you You made my dad I've been looking for one for a while now. Now some of my reviews can have 'my favorite quotes'

My review for Scratch N Sniff

Spoiler:
                  I loved the style, it was trippy lol. I loved the voice overs, the way the scene would freeze while they talked. I thouight it was funny that John was setting htere drinking telling poor Ploit the story. Who is I was ploit would be sick of John and co too lol

I laughed so hard at John waking up in the window. The way he was standing when he relized *what* he was wearing. Oh and his scream, I've never laughed harder at him. He skreaked like a little girl and ran and hid, they popped his head about to see everyone again. Oh that was so funny; it was my favorite scene from the episode.

Raxil rocked, Francesca Buller is a great actress. That one talented family She always plays someone against her husbend lol. I loved when she told John he was stupid and all her scenes with D'Argo.

D'Argo and John are so funny together, "it's 8 steps small legs human"

Can Chinnia see the future now (little things just before they happen)? It looks that way to me.

I might write more later but that's all I can think of right now.

Review for Season 3's Infinite Possibilities (1): Daedalus Demands

Spoiler:
                  Just watched this episode today. I haven't seen the first episodes with Furlow and "Jack" but I have read some summerys and quotes fom those episodes over at tv.com so it wasn't so bad.

I liked Jack and Furlow. Her eyes are wicked though there was times i can easy see the contacks but I didn't mind that. It can't really helped

Stark is starting to get a little creepy around Aeryn (little too much touching). Bet it becuase John and Aeryn told him that she is just like Zahn in "Meltdown". Stark was so fun with Crais, he's such a fun nut

Crais: What can you see?
                  Stark: Damage, damage, damage.
                  Crais: Whatever would I do without your verbal gift?
                  Stark: Oh, you want more words? Well, the conduits are damaged, bulkhead's damaged, the external sensors are damaged too. There's nothing that is not damaged!
                  Crais: Least of all you.
                  Stark: I can see.
                  Crais: If only you could think.

Rygel rocked in this episode. I like it when we see his less selfish side (thought his selfish side is so funny). I loved him with the gun, he was really enjoying himself and getting his own back for his people. I found that interesting about his people and his feeling for them.

I always love when Harvey takes John in his memorys/mind to talk to him. The bumper cars scene was great He kept hitting him while they where talking. Then the roller coster The scene where their fighting to for there lives was brillant.

Harvey taking control of John was brilliant and so creepy. The way he spoke to Aeryn; her reaction. wow! Some very powerful acting in todays' episode.

I know in the next episode

Spoiler:
                  Crichton dies I read it on tv.com and a friend told me long before I ever saw season 3 that Crichton gets twined and one of them dies. Then Aeryn finds out she pargent with his child at some point and at some point they met up with Moya and she rejects Moya!Crichton saying hes not the real one. Some stuff happens that I don't know about and at some point they get together and get married.

Originally posted by JohnSheppard28 View Post
                  I do like it, it's interesting seeing the Aeryn character in Farscape and then the Vala character in SG-1, so different!
                  Claudia Black is the best at playing sexy alien women She just a amazing talent

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  I loved that scene. "I'm so happy" < the way she said that was just too funny. Aeryn was just so "fouceful in that scene" fouceful kiss, forceful lie and then fouceful spitting afterwards

I also loved John kissing all the different women. John's "I love this plant" as he danced away tot he next girl. lol
                  Last edited by angelfire east; 05 December 2006, 05:29 PM.
                  Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    I loved that scene. "I'm so happy" < the way she said that was just too funny. Aeryn was just so "fouceful in that scene" fouceful kiss, forceful lie and then fouceful spitting afterwards

I also loved John kissing all the different women. John's "I love this plant" as he danced away tot he next girl. lol
                    Yes- loved all those moments- such a priceless wonderful ep, can't wait to see Pt. II!

Comment

Thank you so much *hugs* A link to as transcripts site, thank you You made my dad I've been looking for one for a while now. Now some of my reviews can have 'my favorite quotes'
                      Really glad I could help! Rather excited that I was actually able to help with a question! I'm glad you like the site too. I know it's helped me out a lot and I reference back to it often.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      First of all...thanks.

Secondly, now I know why it sounded so frellin' familiar. It's Tchaikovsky. Just didn't know the title of the song. I know so many tunes but usually not their titles or composer (or I mix em up).
                      I end up doing that a lot. I usually have to turn to my best friend for help. She's a wiz with information about composers and dates and things like that. Now if only I could convince her of the merits of Sci Fi and a show like Farscape.

My review for Scratch N Sniff

Spoiler:
                      I loved the style, it was trippy lol. I loved the voice overs, the way the scene would freeze while they talked. I thouight it was funny that John was setting htere drinking telling poor Ploit the story. Who is I was ploit would be sick of John and co too lol

I laughed so hard at John waking up in the window. The way he was standing when he relized *what* he was wearing. Oh and his scream, I've never laughed harder at him. He skreaked like a little girl and ran and hid, they popped his head about to see everyone again. Oh that was so funny; it was my favorite scene from the episode.

Raxil rocked, Francesca Buller is a great actress. That one talented family She always plays someone against her husbend lol. I loved when she told John he was stupid and all her scenes with D'Argo.

D'Argo and John are so funny together, "it's 8 steps small legs human"

Can Chinnia see the future now (little things just before they happen)? It looks that way to me.

I might write more later but that's all I can think of right now.
                      What happens with Chiana is rather interesting. I don't know the whole story yet as I've only just started into season 4 but it's shapping up to be a pretty interesting arc, IMO.

And yeah I loved Scratch 'N Sniff. It turned out really well. At first it was kind of hard to follow but it was Farscape in all it's crazy wonderful goodness. And Francesca Buller was brilliant, again. One of the really neat things in that episode was Pilot and his reaction to John and D'Argo. The quality of the muppet characters is very impressive.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

FINALLY! My library is finished processing season 2. The whole season is being held for the first person on the list. I'm number 2, well, number 1 now. Been stalking the on-line info. They better hurry up! Christmas is coming! I've got more crafts to make! slow poke!
                        Can't wait to get almost new DVDs to watch.
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                          FINALLY! My library is finished processing season 2. The whole season is being held for the first person on the list. I'm number 2, well, number 1 now. Been stalking the on-line info. They better hurry up! Christmas is coming! I've got more crafts to make! slow poke!
                          Can't wait to get almost new DVDs to watch.
                          That is irritating- my library used to have the entire season in one set but then no one would ever get anything and no one would have time to watch it all (in order to see ST TOS S1 before it have to go back I had to watch three-four episodes per day ). What they've done since is split up tv show series into one or two discs per box, so you take out four episodes at once- that way you get them all a lot sooner, and people tend to watch them in a few days and return them quicker as well so the show circulates much faster. You should talk to your library about doing that, because our system only did after they recieved requests from those borrowing the shows to do so.

Comment

What they've done since is split up tv show series into one or two discs per box, so you take out four episodes at once- that way you get them all a lot sooner, and people tend to watch them in a few days and return them quicker as well so the show circulates much faster.
                            The video store I go to does this.

I just started season 3... They changed the opening credits... I dunno if I like it as much...
                            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                              The video store I go to does this.
                              Nice! I wish video stores around here did- you take out the entire season of a series for a one day rental. Ridiculous.

Comment

Really glad I could help! Rather excited that I was actually able to help with a question! I'm glad you like the site too. I know it's helped me out a lot and I reference back to it often.
                                As am I I think I'll end up doing the same, I finally got to read the first episode. I always wonder how eveyone met. What was the episode Chiana first came onboard Moya. Jool said Chiana came on board as
                                Spoiler:
                                a guest but that it. I know nothing about her arrival.

What happens with Chiana is rather interesting. I don't know the whole story yet as I've only just started into season 4 but it's shapping up to be a pretty interesting arc, IMO.

And yeah I loved Scratch 'N Sniff. It turned out really well. At first it was kind of hard to follow but it was Farscape in all it's crazy wonderful goodness. And Francesca Buller was brilliant, again. One of the really neat things in that episode was Pilot and his reaction to John and D'Argo. The quality of the muppet characters is very impressive.
                                that great I'm glad it still going in season 4. Give Chiana her own arc

Agreed. The first time I watched it I had to do a double take. I love Farscape's wonderful crazy goodness, it's not often you find a show like this that is this good. Agreed, the muppets are very impressive; when I first started watching I didn't know the JH compely(sp) was involved. I showed my mom the show and she told me (knowing nothing about the show itself) that it was JG muppets

Yes- loved all those moments- such a priceless wonderful ep, can't wait to see Pt. II!
                                I liked the first one best out of all three. THe others are good but I think the first part was the funnest.

Nice! I wish video stores around here did- you take out the entire season of a series for a one day rental. Ridiculous.
                                That is Ridculous, there is no way you can watch all of the discs in one day. Guess that one way to make you rent it again. I wish my video store had Farscape (or SG1 for that matter). They get few TVonDVD in and they stuff they do get is never anything I want to watch But they do rent TVonDVD out two discs at a time for 7 days.

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                                I just started season 3... They changed the opening credits... I dunno if I like it as much...
                                At first I wasn't sure about them now I love them The song chanced a little too, I like it better now. I can't really remember the old credits (I have a crap short term memory, unless I conmit things to my long term memory I have trouble with them sometimes)

Tomorrow with luck I'll see the Choice I'll write my review for today and tomorrows episode tomorrow
                                Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Working...
                                X