No announcement yet.

Death March (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Charleston exists, I don't think it is the safe new capitol that they were hoping for though.

I have a question (okay more than one ), how did Porter escape from the massive Skitter and Mech attack on his HQ? and how did he find out about Charleston and get there first? Do you think he already knew about it before the planned attack on the skitter palace? He did mention the fact that his group had made contact with other resistance groups.

I really enjoyed this episode, can't wait to see what happens next.

One more thing, should Ben show up with his skitter rebel pals in Charleston, do you think the people there would believe his story?
    sigpic
    God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Ranger View Post
      So Charleston exists, I don't think it is the safe new capitol that they were hoping for though.

I have a question (okay more than one ), how did Porter escape from the massive Skitter and Mech attack on his HQ? and how did he find out about Charleston and get there first? Do you think he already knew about it before the planned attack on the skitter palace? He did mention the fact that his group had made contact with other resistance groups.

I really enjoyed this episode, can't wait to see what happens next.

One more thing, should Ben show up with his skitter rebel pals in Charleston, do you think the people there would believe his story?
      I imagine we will get Porter's story next week.

About Ben, well, how many people there want to kill Skitters? A lot, if not all of them.

How many do you think will believe in a skitter rebellion? Very few

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
        I imagine we will get Porter's story next week.

About Ben, well, how many people there want to kill Skitters? A lot, if not all of them.

How many do you think will believe in a skitter rebellion? Very few
        I don't think that the people in Charleston would believe Ben either. Next week should be very interesting for sure.

This episode was another great one in a great second season.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

was so weird porter turning up, earlier while watching the episode i was thinking what happened to him, and then hes there at the end, charleston is obviously flawed in some way, be interesting whats going on there

Comment

Good episode.

I believe the girl and her guardian are part of the rebellion. In fact I got the feeling the skitter naming himself with a human name is all part of an attempt to try and understand us and how they can work with us.

I believe the only way the humans will ever trust the skitters is if the skitters do something big for the humans, and I think that will possible be saving the second Mass at Charleston. Which would explain why the skitter was in the middle of nowhere, he was possible looking for the 2nd mass.

I got the feeling we will be encountering Maggie child in the future. Not sure what Pope game plan is through.

I am looking forward to next week episode.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Good episode.

I believe the girl and her guardian are part of the rebellion. In fact I got the feeling the skitter naming himself with a human name is all part of an attempt to try and understand us and how they can work with us.
              What skitter gave itself a human name? Are you talking about the harnessed girl's "brother"? He is human too. It's amazing how the young girl is at a higher level of transformation than Ben is.

I don't think the girl's apart of the skitter resistance. She's probably too young for the skitters to want them to fight. They seem to only us kids about Ben's age in battle.

Why did she fall from a tree? it seemed like that's what happened? Are they growing kids on trees now?

Funny how the kid was in the middle of no where and there was practically no alien presence (apart from hers and her "brothers"). Maybe they were hiding out or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                I found Jenny's story to be very important to future episodes and I suspect we will be seeing more of her.
                With her proximity to Charleston, I think you're correct; perhaps she'll turn into the new Megan (from season 1). Megan turned up a few times in the last season; so I think we'll see a lot of Jenny in the future...it would be interesting to see how her transformation has progressed.
                Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

What skitter gave itself a human name?

I'm confused by that too. Need a refresher here.

It's amazing how the young girl is at a higher level of transformation than Ben is.

I am guessing that because Ben has not been attached for a while, that has something to do with it. Also he is older. Jenny seems more like Matt's age. Maybe that is why the aliens like them young, the process might be faster for younger humans.

I don't think the girl's apart of the skitter resistance. She's probably too young for the skitters to want them to fight. They seem to only us kids about Ben's age in battle.

Not too sure about that. She didn't seem to have too much trouble getting away, and until her so called brother showed up I thought maybe she just might stay.

Why did she fall from a tree? it seemed like that's what happened? Are they growing kids on trees now?

I didn't see what happened there. I just thought she ran in front and got hit, but if she did fall from a tree she could have been hiding there when she saw the truck coming down the road. Then again...maybe it was a set up.

Funny how the kid was in the middle of no where and there was practically no alien presence (apart from hers and her "brothers"). Maybe they were hiding out or something.
                  Or maybe following the convoy to see where they were going. I can't decide what Jenny's part is in all of this, but even if she isn't part of the resistance she has made a major connection with Matt, and that could be very important down the road.
                  sigpic

Comment

imho Charleston is the "neutral zone" camp FishHead offered Tom in the flashbacks.

Either that or it's some super deep "Area 51 middle-earth sanctuary" type place built centuries ago by the Mayans.

Edit: Oh lord, please don't let FishHeads be the Mayans....

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
                      With her proximity to Charleston, I think you're correct; perhaps she'll turn into the new Megan (from season 1). Megan turned up a few times in the last season; so I think we'll see a lot of Jenny in the future...it would be interesting to see how her transformation has progressed.
                      Yes, I agree with you. Since her harness was damaged, I have to wonder if that isn't going to be a factor. Also she was a speaking harnessed child. If I recall, there aren't too many of those. In fact have not all of them been girls?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                        imho Charleston is the "neutral zone" camp FishHead offered Tom in the flashbacks.

Either that or it's some super deep "Area 51 middle-earth sanctuary" type place built centuries ago by the Mayans.

Edit: Oh lord, please don't let FishHeads be the Mayans....
                        I'm not saying there isn't such a place, as was offered to Tom by Fish-Face..but I don't think I would have been to quick to believe Fishey if I were Tom. Also I am not comfortable with the idea of being rounded up and sent to where? A death camp, slave labor, a breeding ground like in the first "Time Machine" After all, they are taking the young ones and many adults have been killed off. Is this a way of keeping our numbers down to say their choosing.....?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think Colonel Porter's presence is actually a hint that Charleston is a 'new zone' mentioned in the premiere. If he was caught in season 1 it would make sense for the overlords to put him in charge of the humans as he was already one of their leaders. I think the writers are hinting that the overlords really don't want genocide, but a small docile population (ie presumably the situation of the skitters)

Comment

Originally posted by Pope's Kid View Post
                            I think Colonel Porter's presence is actually a hint that Charleston is a 'new zone' mentioned in the premiere. If he was caught in season 1 it would make sense for the overlords to put him in charge of the humans as he was already one of their leaders. I think the writers are hinting that the overlords really don't want genocide, but a small docile population (ie presumably the situation of the skitters)
                            I don't think Porter was said to have been captured, but it was assumed we lost him and the men under his command. It's possible, but it wasn't mentioned whether he was captured.

I also don't think he is in charge of the people of Charleston, but definitely a high ranking official. People in charge of a community like that usually don't leave willy nilly.

Comment

I can imagine the show's writers, working on the script:
                              "How do we put Jenny into the scene without costing too much of the show's time?"

"Let's throw her in front of the bus. BAM! There she is. No muss, no fuss."

I completely understood Hal's cautious reponse to Maggie's revelation. My initial jumble of thoughts and feelings, when faced with an emotionally powerful revelation or confrontation, are often different from the feelings and opinions that eventually stay with me for the long term. I've learned to be cautious. Let the roiling emotions quiet down, digest the new information, and then share a real reply instead of an adrenaline-soaked stew of confusion. The only thing I didn't understand was Maggie's anger at Hal's need to digest the info. In fact, it felt a little forced.

Still liking the show.

Comment

Hmmmm...

1. Jenny...I'm just glad she didn't take Matt but it gives you a good idea why the Fish harness kids...maybe it's easier to mess with their heads and make the compliant...?

2. Maggie...meh really...none of Pope's old crew are whiter than white.

3. So is Trenter going to become part of the military establishment now?

4. So we haven't actually seen Charlston yet...pity...
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X