• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Bloods (204)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON TWO
    YOUNG BLOODS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204
    Hal and Ben discover a group of children living under the radar, one of whom is Captain Weaver's lost daughter. Tom's youngest son puts himself in harm's way to contribute to the fight against the Skitters.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 May 2013, 08:58 PM.

For some reason I was reminded of the Goa'ulds vaguely in this episode.

Spoiler:
    Creepy little creatures, those harness things swimming around in their pool. very goauld like. Loved that we got to see a more emotional side of Weaver for once when he reunited with his daughter. I wonder if he is gonna be deeply affected by his wound. Seeing the harnessing facility was creepy. What happened to the kid that was harnessed? Did he go with the kids or stay with the mass.? I wonder if Ben is gonna betray the 2nd Mass. The fact that he still has some connection, and his little blue rods are lighting up, makes me wonder if he is fighting their control or if they are biding their time and going to use Ben to move in some against the humans. Next week looks to be very interesting.

Comment

I suppose I might be overly paranoid, but I am concerned about Capt. Weaver's injury. We know that the harnesses can be removed from the children, if done properly, without killing them, but since no adults have had to deal with the tingler type creature, I have to wonder if there isn't going to be a problem here down the road. Also, did anyone know that they could bite? I was thinking they might be like a centipede and attach to the back bone with their legs that inject you with something.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if I had been Weaver or Tom, I would have shot Diego after the facility. Not even joking.

Those kids are stupid. It's a wonder that they are still alive
        sigpic

Comment

Shot him...No, but then I am a 60 something grams and I know they are a.) children and b.) hot headed, stupid and have not yet realized their own mortality. I was thinking spanking...which I know unless I am the female version of Rambo that is out of the question..but you mothers and grannies out there get my drift. Yes??
          sigpic

Comment

Well at the very least I would have chastised him to death...I can't believe no one said anything.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post

Spoiler:
              Creepy little creatures, those harness things swimming around in their pool. very goauld like. Loved that we got to see a more emotional side of Weaver for once when he reunited with his daughter. I wonder if he is gonna be deeply affected by his wound. Seeing the harnessing facility was creepy. What happened to the kid that was harnessed? Did he go with the kids or stay with the mass.? I wonder if Ben is gonna betray the 2nd Mass. The fact that he still has some connection, and his little blue rods are lighting up, makes me wonder if he is fighting their control or if they are biding their time and going to use Ben to move in some against the humans. Next week looks to be very interesting.
              Indeed those things are the creepiest biomechanical slugs since the Goa'uld and the Replicators.
              Spoiler:
              They only seem to be able to partially control him such as make him unable to move etc when they are really close so could they use that to their advantage in a firefight? You betcha...
              The reunion of Weaver with his daughter was an unexpected surprise, I hope we see his daughter again sometime in the future.
              The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                So was I! They're just much bigger and attach on the outside of the body instead of going into the head. And they look cooler/nastier too.

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                I suppose I might be overly paranoid, but I am concerned about Capt. Weaver's injury. We know that the harnesses can be removed from the children, if done properly, without killing them, but since no adults have had to deal with the tingler type creature, I have to wonder if there isn't going to be a problem here down the road. Also, did anyone know that they could bite? I was thinking they might be like a centipede and attach to the back bone with their legs that inject you with something.
                Same here. It was sort of over and done with quickly, so if there's not going to be some consequences further on, why have it happen? Just to have him lying down while his daughter takes off? Possible but not necessary.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  So was I! They're just much bigger and attach on the outside of the body instead of going into the head. And they look cooler/nastier too..
                  Ever since I saw this on Ridiculousness it always pops in my head every time I hear the word nasty.

The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Cool episode.

I hope the show get to write the ending it wants (not premature), I got a feeling it will be a emotional roller coaster.

Those bugs things do look like Gould in that tank

Does anyone else find it a bit strange that these kids manage to survive around a skitter conversion factory and not get taken sooner. That on top of Ben being taken control and shooting up the bug pool.

I think the most powerful image may of been seeing Matt covered in skitter blood and liking it. I enjoy the surreal sequence at the beginning, in fact I thought it would turn out to be a dream sequence.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 02 July 2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I agree the harnesses look like go'ulds in the tank. I think that it was pretty stupid of them to not take of the harness back alive. What better way of learning how to properly remove them than to be able to examine a live one.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        I think the most powerful image may of been seeing Matt covered in skitter blood and liking it. I enjoy the surreal sequence at the beginning, in fact I thought it would turn out to be a dream sequence.
                        Yes I did too, I was waiting for him to wake up hehe.

I'm also sticking my fingers in my ears and gonna sing Spice Up Your Life next time I see a trailer, unfortunately they were throwing them in every commercial break during the NASCAR on Saturday and it was really hard to avoid, and even though it was a bit misleading, it did spoil the episode for me.

Comment

Really strong episode. Tom came to the rescue not a moment too soon for Matt. I think, at least for now, he will be listening to what his dad tells him. As for Ben, I can't wait to see where this is all heading. What is his ultimate destiny?

As for Weaver, I feel really bad for him. Finding his daughter like he did, only to have her leave in the end. I really hope he gets another chance with her at some point. He deserves that IMO. As for the harness bite, I do not see things going well at all.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was mad at her...She's all he has left, the thought of finding her practically the only reason he didn't kill himself last season, and she runs off...

If those kids get wiped out I won't shed a tear. Despite what they think, they are safer with the Second Mass. The fact they got ambushed TWICE should be reason enough to show that to them...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                              Well at the very least I would have chastised him to death...I can't believe no one said anything.
                              Now there you go....I am totally for that! And the fact that nothing was said did have me perplexed and doing one of those low growls my cats are famous for.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X