• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shall We Gather At the River (202)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON TWO
    SHALL WE GATHER AT THE RIVER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 202
    While Weaver and the 2nd Mass attempt a dangerous river crossing to escape the Skitters, Tom experiences nightmares of his captivity and is plagued by self-doubt. Ben sets out on a recon mission across the river, and Pope questions the decision to leave Tom alive at all.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

NOTE: This thread covers the second half of the two-hour premiere
    of Season Two. For the first half please use the thread for "Worlds Apart."
    Last edited by Darren; 24 June 2012, 02:13 PM.

The stand out actor in this episode is the one who plays Ben he doing a brilliant job, an him hiding the alien influence on him, to the confrontations with his brother and Dad. An the standout scene has got to go to Ben an Tom, those talking about how they cant trust themselves and the two very different approaches taken to try keep their minds from siding with the enemy.

I am kinda hoping that Tom has been compromise in some way and we can see the two approaches play out on screen. I suspect Tom may agreed to the alien resettlement plan after all, why spare him and kill the rest. But I also suspect he and Red Eye have bigger plans in motion.

The bug cruelling out of Tom eye was cringe worthy. I enjoyed some of the scenes we saw in the camp, especially the fly through of the camp, hearing conversations in the background, rumours and gossip about the rumour.

The story around the bridge did nicely to gel the episode together, and I enjoyed the way that pope was ambushed.

Ben is the best and most interesting character at the moment in the show.

Comment

Oh geez...Pulling the bug out of his eye made me almost look away. Definitely not a pleasant..sight...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        Oh geez...Pulling the bug out of his eye made me almost look away. Definitely not a pleasant..sight...
        When my wife sees this episode, she is going to have a very hard time with that scene. I don't usually get squeamish at all, but that even made me cringe.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not squeamish either but i agree was it was very hard to watch
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

1. Well we know that our guys aren't out of the woods yet...

2. Money in my pocket says Tom's in the clear.

3. Who was Ryan Robbins' character meant to be?

4. Hope Ben's just hiding stuff cos he can't handle it.

Solid ep.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Another great episode, raises lots of questions for the rest of the series!
              Looking forward to episode 3 even though I am slightly spoiled about it.

Comment

Working...
              X