Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At All Costs (304)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    At All Costs (304)

    Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON THREE
    AT ALL COSTS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304
    After proving themselves to their visitor, Tom and the people of Charleston arrange a face-to-face visit with the President -- putting their Volm ally at risk. Meanwhile, Ben and Deni debate whether to remove the last alien tech from their bodies, and Hal struggles with his inner demon.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; June 26, 2013, 08:41 PM.

    #2
    Another good episode.

    It was nice to see 2nd mass achieve such a decisive victory over the overlords.

    I thought they were setting up the presidents for potential rivals, it more likely now, if the new president isn't dead they will be allies, at least once colonel Tigh or what ever his name is, is remove from the picture.

    So anyone else trust cochise an his little story about his favorite flower, its sounds a bit to much like a story us humans want to hear, and just to add emotional edge to it, his brother died on another planet. yeah right.

    So the Volm and Epiphani have fought each other half way across the universe, one wonders through, why is Earth so important, why does defeating Epiphani on Earth means Cochise great great grandson get to go back to his home world. i would love to learn why he thinks his sons would even be accepted back on their home world, at least 600 years after they left to fight the Epiphani, are they still in contact with their home planet.

    I do wonder through, if the thing they building in Charleston isn't a weapon, if it a means to transfer there fleet to Earth Quicker. Some sort of Worm hole generator or something. It seems to obvious to be a weapon, an it look kinda similar to what the Overlords were building, they both point to orbit, they both look like a cannon.

    Pope character development have been criticize on some sites, but to me, he grown and mature as a leader, something we needed to see happen to believe that he has the respect of his own men and could form his own community or even be allowed to be free in Charleston. He couldn't keep going around being a pain in the butt or cocky because he knows he smarter than everyone else.

    I be sad if we don't see Weaver, Tom, and Pope have a male bonding session by the end of the show, a few beers and sing along or 3 old blokes sitting in rocking chairs looking over a rebuilt Charleston.

    no new clues who the mole is this episode. But one does wonder why they didn't bring along some volm weaponry to their meeting with the other president. For demonstration as well as defense purposes.

    Ann has post natal depression, I have no doubt, cause by something similar to whatever Hal got stuck in his head. I do doubt whether the baby is even special, I think it more likely a trap to lure Tom out of Charleston and to show him something, something to doubt his alliance with Cochise and Volm. The whole baby thing being a ruse.

    It was nice to see Weaver mention the bugs from last season. I am surprise they haven't deployed them against Charleston, considering they seem pretty damn impossible to stop without blowing up the whole place they are attacking.
    Last edited by knowles2; June 25, 2013, 02:54 AM.

    Comment


      #3
      ^^ no I don't trust Cochise either and I agree with you his "flower" story is B.S.
      Spoiler:
      I was hoping Ann's baby was just in her mind but didn't the DNA test show there was a strand on alien DNA in there? Probably implanted when they were captives. Also, Hal is so NOT the mole.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
        ^^ no I don't trust Cochise either and I agree with you his "flower" story is B.S.
        Spoiler:
        I was hoping Ann's baby was just in her mind but didn't the DNA test show there was a strand on alien DNA in there? Probably implanted when they were captives. Also, Hal is so NOT the mole.
        Spoiler:

        I am hoping that was also in her mind and part delusion and the twist will be reveal when the tech guy wakes up and tell them about Ann assault but don't know why she assaulted him as the DNA tests were all normal. I might be stretching a bit here and Fallen skies have never done such a plot line before.

        Comment


          #5
          I for do not think the Volm have hidden motives and kind of hope they don't. Its scifi cliche to have our alien allies be our enemies.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I for do not think the Volm have hidden motives and kind of hope they don't. Its scifi cliche to have our alien allies be our enemies.
            Actually....I'm hoping you're right. I just don't think it's going to turn out that way-but I could be wrong....

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
              Actually....I'm hoping you're right. I just don't think it's going to turn out that way-but I could be wrong....
              Falling Skies does not usually go for the cliches of science ficton and tends to go for suspense. Thier would be too much predictibillity for me if the Volm turned out to really be our enemy
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                So anyone else trust cochise an his little story about his favorite flower, its sounds a bit to much like a story us humans want to hear, and just to add emotional edge to it, his brother died on another planet. yeah right.
                Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                ^^ no I don't trust Cochise either and I agree with you his "flower" story is B.S.
                Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I for do not think the Volm have hidden motives and kind of hope they don't. Its scifi cliche to have our alien allies be our enemies.
                Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Falling Skies does not usually go for the cliches of science ficton and tends to go for suspense. Thier would be too much predictibillity for me if the Volm turned out to really be our enemy
                Falling Skies aims for a sincere tugging of the heart-strings. The Volm's story of why he fights raised red flags for the cynic in me, but if you take it at face value -- assume that it's true -- it's pretty consistent with the emotional tone of the series. The Volm might just be who they say they are. Today's audience is conditioned to look for the tricks, the twists, the character flaws, and the ulterior motives. A truly decent, generous ally feels unlikely, even startling, to us. It wasn't always so. Falling Skies could be giving us a throw-back to a more innocent period. I haven't decided which is more likely.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The Volm may not be trustworthy in the end. I really hope they are though. Cochise's story was very touching, very human.

                  The Hal storyline should get very interesting.

                  This season has been great thus far. I can't wait to see what happens this week after that plane went down.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Does anyone besides me think the actor playing Hal plays "Bad Hal" better than "Good Hal"? Lol
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      Does anyone besides me think the actor playing Hal plays "Bad Hal" better than "Good Hal"? Lol
                      Well I personally like the actor when he is playing "Good Hal", but he is even better playing "Bad Hal".

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Greetings,

                        The actor who plays Dr. Kedar is so familiar to me, but I can't recall where I know him from. What's the actor's name, and what other show do I recognize him from? Thanks!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by cnegrad View Post
                          Greetings,

                          The actor who plays Dr. Kedar is so familiar to me, but I can't recall where I know him from. What's the actor's name, and what other show do I recognize him from? Thanks!
                          Dr. Wilson, on House
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Of course; thanks!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                              Actually....I'm hoping you're right. I just don't think it's going to turn out that way-but I could be wrong....
                              I also hope its not done. For once i would actually like it if we had an ally who had no ulterior motives.

                              Dr. Wilson, on House
                              I thought that was him.. The voice was familiar..

                              Though i do wonder..
                              Spoiler:
                              why would the skitters want ann and her baby, and how the heck did Hal and the skitters know where the heck she was?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X