Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Meh. I find the show fairly simplistic and rather predictable so my expectations aren't high when I watch the show, but I thought the ep was fine. Though I wasn't expecting Tom to shoot Karen like that. Nice. Highlight of the episode.
    After everything she did to him, why would you expect him to do anything else?
    Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
      After everything she did to him, why would you expect him to do anything else?
      Cause Tom is supposed to be better than that.

Not that I don't agree in him shooting her...It's just the show has made him out to be a moralistic character. Of course, he did say recently that his thoughts have turned to hatred...So...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Meh. I find the show fairly simplistic and rather predictable so my expectations aren't high when I watch the show, but I thought the ep was fine. Though I wasn't expecting Tom to shoot Karen like that. Nice. Highlight of the episode.
        Oh I'm sure she'll be back next season as some super alien chick who used some slick regeneration technology... *eye roll*
        Originally posted by jelgate
        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          After all the hype about the Volm weapon, it seemed pretty underwhelming when it was finally used ... even if it did finally bring down the espheni tower.
          I was expecting more.. Especially after chocheese seemed to explain it that it would 'overload' the grid bringing it down. Seemed more of a 'destroy one leg to make the tower fall.

Comment

Good season finale overall. It is going to be very tough for both my wife and I to wait until next year to see what happens next.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler tags please for your friends in the UK who are only up to episode 4...

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Good season finale overall. It is going to be very tough for both my wife and I to wait until next year to see what happens next.
                You and all the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I found tonight's episode a bit disappointing.
                  I've thought that of the whole of series 3, the only surprise was who the mole was, but it's still a good watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    I've thought that of the whole of series 3, the only surprise was who the mole was, but it's still a good watch.
                    Personally, I really enjoyed this past season. I think this show just gets better and better.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In response to the expressions of disappointment, I'd remind peope that Falling Skies' greatest virtue -- from the beginning -- was the simple fact of its existence. What I mean is, Falling Skies began as an "okay" sci-fi show surrounded by a whole lot of awful. "Not bad" seemed like "pretty good" because the other sci-fi on television was worse. Since then, some other series have launched, viz., Continuum and Defiance. Now, those aren't great sci-fi either, IMHO, but they're giving Falling Skies some competition. Maybe, also, fans' expectations have risen, now that Falling Skies has survived a few years and seen its budget increased. But during the same time, the strength of the writing/stories has weakened some. In my mind, the higher production values and slightly weaker stories balance out to make Falling Skies approximately as good as it always was. It's my favorite series among all of the new science-fiction being offered on television. But let's keep it in perspective. We're living through something of a desert at the moment. There are no Stargates, Star Treks, or Battlestar Galacticas being made.

Comment

So in other words we take what we can get....mediocre Scifi? *sigh*
                        Originally posted by jelgate
                        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

http://www.scifistream.com/2013/08/f...ching-in-2014/
                          Noticed this on the homepage...

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                            So in other words we take what we can get....mediocre Scifi? *sigh*
                            Falling Skies would have to sink to another level all together to stop me watching.

I think I know what it is (for me), season 1 & 2 had mystery, we didn't know who had invaded or why, all we knew was what the characters knew, then episode 1 of season 3, the characters have all the history, the shiny new guns and everything else, but all this happened off-screen between two episodes set six months apart, for me it took the flow out of it.

Comment

That was one of my big grips with the cut from end of S2 to the start of S3. We never got any depth to the Volm. Backstory on the war with them and the Espheni (are those the skitters or the fishheads?)

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                That was one of my big grips with the cut from end of S2 to the start of S3. We never got any depth to the Volm. Backstory on the war with them and the Espheni (are those the skitters or the fishheads?)
                                I'm pretty sure they're the Skitters because they still call the fish heads fish heads but they don't call the Skitters Skitters anymore.
                                Meh...

Comment

Working...
                                X