No announcement yet.

Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear about the renewal now i'm not scared that we'll get another "V" ( as in they leave us with the Aliens winning )
    sigpic

Comment

Well I saw tonight's episode and...
      Spoiler:
      They managed to save Ben but no sign of Karen
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

One thing (among many) that I find odd in Falling Skies is that the skitter noises are quite obviously lifted velociraptor SFX from Jurassic Park....
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

We'll when your the director of Jurassic Park and also of this series? why not reuse alot of the same effects? it cuts cost

another good episiode, tho something still seems abit off idk, i dont hate it....by any means but i think we need some more action, there a resistance cell but there not doing much resisting except for rescuing a bunch of kids,
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
            Glad to hear about the renewal now i'm not scared that we'll get another "V" ( as in they leave us with the Aliens winning )
            An what wrong with the aliens winning? Better than humans always winning.

Comment

That was the noisiest silent kill I've ever heard

Comment

Just watched Silent Kill. That was a bit of a heart thumper.

Spoiler:

I was really surprised when Anne killed the skitter as she seemed to have the Doctor/patient thing going on there, so it made it all the more shocking when she did it. That and why she didn't have any qualms about doing it, has made her a much more interesting character .

And we see the skitter caressing the heads of the children as it settled down with them for the night. Now that was unexpected as well. So we're getting a parental vibe from them now? Interesting but seriously damn creepy. I did feel nervous for Hal has he had to play along in the 'nest' but when he was discovered, I thought for one minute that the others would come in with guns blazing....but Hal dispatched the thing nicely. It's a messy business but gets the job done. Anyone feeling sorry for the skitters yet?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                  I just read that it was renewed for a second season. I figured they would wait till the end to decide.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-season/97472/
                  Great news. I'm not in love with the series, but its a fun show thus far and there isn't much anything else sci-fi on TV.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                    Great news. I'm not in love with the series, but its a fun show thus far and there isn't much anything else sci-fi on TV.
                    I'm really sad about this decision. I love the show and wish it would continue in this high standard with interesting storylines and characters. But I fear the next wall will be straight ahead WHEN the rumours about the new executive for season 2 are true. With another (a better) exe producer I'm pretty sure FS will last even longer. So I really hoped it wouldn't pick up for a season 2 - now so sad about this decision. I only hope they will change their minds about who will be the showrunner for the next season.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                    Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic
                    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post

Spoiler:

I was really surprised when Anne killed the skitter as she seemed to have the Doctor/patient thing going on there, so it made it all the more shocking when she did it. That and why she didn't have any qualms about doing it, has made her a much more interesting character .

And we see the skitter caressing the heads of the children as it settled down with them for the night. Now that was unexpected as well. So we're getting a parental vibe from them now? Interesting but seriously damn creepy. I did feel nervous for Hal has he had to play along in the 'nest' but when he was discovered, I thought for one minute that the others would come in with guns blazing....but Hal dispatched the thing nicely. It's a messy business but gets the job done. Anyone feeling sorry for the skitters yet?
                      Spoiler:

I will admit, I did feel sorry for the Skitters in this episode.

An I did find it shocking how the doc could so easily kill the skitter in captivity. She certainly has a very dark side to her. Her character has gone from ordinary to interesting.

i am also puzzle by there behavior. Especially how the Skitter seemed to protect the kids. Even treat them as there own and yet use them as slaves and even weapons. The skitters even killed several of them without a second thought. Yet the Skitter with the kids look like he would kill anything which threaten those kids. May be there different groups with the Skitters culture or may be they are taking orders from someone else, and they will avoid those orders when and wherever they can.

I do like the way the show is adding depth to the aliens, it would be easy to make them out right evil, but they seem to be avoiding that. It will be interesting to see where they are heading with this story line. I am glad they have finally finished off the let rescue ben story line. Which was dragging the show down. Hopefully we will see the story move a bit quicker next week, may be a bit more action and more direct resistance it be nice to see what the other teams have been up to,.

Comment

I really hope we learn more about the Skitters and what their motivations truly are. This was a really good episode IMO. This show is definitely keeping my interest.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post

Spoiler:

Feel sorry for the skitters? Nope not yet, they are beginning to show that they are multidimensional emotionally but with so much blood on their hands is hard to get past it.
                          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I really hope we learn more about the Skitters and what their motivations truly are. This was a really good episode IMO. This show is definitely keeping my interest.
                            this weeks was the best one yet
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Spoiler:

I will admit, I did feel sorry for the Skitters in this episode.

An I did find it shocking how the doc could so easily kill the skitter in captivity. She certainly has a very dark side to her. Her character has gone from ordinary to interesting.

i am also puzzle by there behavior. Especially how the Skitter seemed to protect the kids. Even treat them as there own and yet use them as slaves and even weapons. The skitters even killed several of them without a second thought. Yet the Skitter with the kids look like he would kill anything which threaten those kids. May be there different groups with the Skitters culture or may be they are taking orders from someone else, and they will avoid those orders when and wherever they can.

I do like the way the show is adding depth to the aliens, it would be easy to make them out right evil, but they seem to be avoiding that. It will be interesting to see where they are heading with this story line. I am glad they have finally finished off the let rescue ben story line. Which was dragging the show down. Hopefully we will see the story move a bit quicker next week, may be a bit more action and more direct resistance it be nice to see what the other teams have been up to,.
                              I'm sure they were many slave owners in the 1800s and people running concentration camps that "loved" their slaves. No need to go all "helsinki syndrome" on us. just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                                I'm really sad about this decision. I love the show and wish it would continue in this high standard with interesting storylines and characters. But I fear the next wall will be straight ahead WHEN the rumours about the new executive for season 2 are true. With another (a better) exe producer I'm pretty sure FS will last even longer. So I really hoped it wouldn't pick up for a season 2 - now so sad about this decision. I only hope they will change their minds about who will be the showrunner for the next season.
                                Eh? You're sad the show has been picked up for a second season? I've heard rumours that Remi Aubuchon will take over the writing staff and show running for season 2, but I don't really see the problem with that, he's a far better writer than Robert Rodat. At the very least you should give him a chance.

If you’re worried about Spielberg being no longer attached to the project, don’t be. As far as I know he’ll still be an executive producer, but that doesn’t mean much anyway. Spielberg apparently had a hand in co creating the concept of the show, but the show runner, the main producer and writer, the guy who made the majority of creative decisions was Robert Rodat. Spielberg basically just has his name attached to the show, and it makes for good marketing, but he’s not one of the main show runners.

Comment

Working...
                                X