Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Quinn / Nathan Stark (season 3 spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stark was my no. 1 favorite from the beginning He was well written... Not overly heroic and likable 'good guy' like Henry and many other characters, but not classical 'bad guy' either, even when he clearly had some thirst for power and so on. Also dialogues he had part of were often hilarious.

So no surprise, I was very disappointed when he went and died. But I don't wish him back. Eureka isn't sci-fi enough to make it happen, not with remotely plausible way. Not that too many other things in Eureka can be labeled as even remotely plausible, and even when I am trying to do my best with not thinking it, sometimes it is just too difficult and ruins the episode.

Comment

Does Ed have a twitter account?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        When Nathan first came onto the show....I hated him. 'Right as Raynes' helped a bit for me, but I didn't really warm up to him till the snarky banter later in season 2 and early in season 3.

Come his death in season 3, I was really upset to see him go. And from what I hear, he will not be returning at any point in season 3. Adios, Stark
        I agree!! I really didn't like Nathan at all, but once he died, the show kind of lost something...

Comment

I really loved Stark on Eureka, and he's great looking too! Unfortunately, I don't think Ed Quinn will ever come back , because

Spoiler:
          James Callis (BSG) is joining Eureka. A "Stark 2.0" ?

Comment

So I'm a brand new fan. Actually, started by watching all of season three because that's what was available to me. And I absolutely fell in love with Nathan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he died in a time distortion/parallel universe/cosmic rift type thing, yes? Seems like that'd be very easy to bring him back from. Like, he didn't actually die, he was just...transported and is trying to fight his way back. Fargo even says "He's gone" not "He's dead."

I think the show will suffer without the aspect of ambition and cool logic he brings to it. Plus, if Jack and Allison finally fall for each other and Nathan comes back.... Well, you have to admit it'd be interesting.
            Last edited by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight; 13 May 2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

The best thing that I can think of to potentially bring Nathan back - and it's been a while since I've seen "I Do, Again" - but wasn't it something like they ultra black light (or whatever) was moving faster than the speed of light/time/something? Maybe at some point in the future "time" will catch up to when Nathan is.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Yes, unfortunately Nathan is well and truly dead. It's my understanding that Ed Quinn wished to leave the show, and the writers wrote his character out this way. Unless something has radically changed behind the scenes that I haven't heard about, there are no plans to bring Nathan back. The witty banter between Carter and Stark was one of my favorite things about Eureka, and I miss it.

Comment

That was one of the things I do miss. The adversarial relationship between Jack and Nathan.
                  sigpic

Comment

This was from an entry linked on the Eureka Newletter LJ comm. (possibly spoilers for s4)
                    Spoiler:

Confirmed: Ed Quinn did visit Vancouver and the Eureka set, but whether for shooting or just a visit with friends our source couldn’t say.

LINK (There's more spoilery information at the link, though not about this, and a couple of pics from the set of tonight's episode.)
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmm.

I'd really love to see Nathan come back to the show. Even though his exit was excellent.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Obviously I am not reading these articles closely enough. I completely missed this tidbit from an article I posted earlier today, until someone pointed it out. (season 4 spoilers behind the cut)

Spoiler:
                        Who else is guesting this season?
                        We've got Jaime Kennedy and Wil Wheaton—it's really nice to see him playing a bearded, mean, grumpy scientist. Ed Quinn (Stark!) comes back this year (yeah, I mean, not—in his own way). And Matt Frewer (Taggart) comes back. I believe we did a Christmas episode with Matt.

From Watch with Kristen (E! Online): Eureka: The Best Show on TV You're Not Watching (but We've Got a Cure for That!)
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

OMG he is coming back ?, thats is going to be so weird,i feel so sad for Carter
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I got an email from Ed Quinn a week ago. He's back for one episode. He didn't give me any details about it, but he told me it was episode 8. And that is an exclusive. No one else knows this bit of information.
                            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I once heard someone refer to this sort of phenomenon as the "Albus Dumbledore Law", meaning that if the characters never saw the body, and never buried it, then the character isn't actually "dead".

Whether or not that means that he will ever return to the show as a permanent character is another thing entirely.
                              sigpic

Comment

The kids spent this last week watching all the eps on Netflix and I so missed Nathan and all his snarkiness.

I even missed the Nathan/Allison ship.

*sigh*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X