Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Quinn / Nathan Stark (season 3 spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Quinn / Nathan Stark (season 3 spoilers)

When Nathan first came onto the show....I hated him. 'Right as Raynes' helped a bit for me, but I didn't really warm up to him till the snarky banter later in season 2 and early in season 3.

Come his death in season 3, I was really upset to see him go. And from what I hear, he will not be returning at any point in season 3. Adios, Stark
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I disliked him clear up until Right as Raynes. That put a very human layer on him and I liked him from then on.

Still sad to see him go.

What's the spoiler policy for EUReKA, btw? Is season 3.0 fair game or do we need spoilers?
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Well, I guess I'm going to add on to my own discussion. I think that with Stark gone, there is an important element of EUReKA missing. One of the great things was the snark between Jack and Nathan. I miss the "I hate you even though I kinda like you" element.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

me too i was very sad to see him killed off

Spoiler:
        Favourite SG-1 Quote
        CARTER: You can't be serious.
        O'NEILL: What?
        JACKSON: It's the only way.
        O'NEILL: What?
        CARTER: No, we agreed.
        O'NEILL: If I have to say "What?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Well, I guess I'm going to add on to my own discussion. I think that with Stark gone, there is an important element of EUReKA missing. One of the great things was the snark between Jack and Nathan. I miss the "I hate you even though I kinda like you" element.
          I agree. For awhile Zane kind of picked up that role, but even Zane's been
          Spoiler:
          downplayed this half of the season (which I find a little odd).

I'm conflicted - I actually do hope they bring Nathan back eventually. But I also do understand and agree with most of the arguments about resurrecting dead characters all the time. And I would hate to see him brought back just to be killed off again like
          Spoiler:
          Kim was (well, Kim 2.0).
          And after what happened with Carson in SGA, I've kind of developed a "be careful what you wish for" policy. In spite of all of that, I still can't keep from wishing that Nathan could be written back in somehow, eventually down the road.

I just read this week that Ed Quinn has taken a role on the new CW show The Beautiful Life. So....I suppose depending on how that does, and how regular of a role it is might determine his availability for any appearances in S4. When do they start shooting S4 anyway? I thought it was in the spring - is that right?
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

I was very fortunate to have lunch with Ed Quinn at Comic Con in July. He told me that he was very frustrated with what happened to his character in Season 2. He said the creator of the series, a good friend of his, left the show, and the people who took over afterward sent his character in a different dirrection, which he didn't like. He does have a 6 year contract with eureka, so, he said it's very likely he will be back.

By the way, he's a charming man... but unfortunately, he's married.
            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
              I was very fortunate to have lunch with Ed Quinn at Comic Con in July. He told me that he was very frustrated with what happened to his character in Season 2. He said the creator of the series, a good friend of his, left the show, and the people who took over afterward sent his character in a different dirrection, which he didn't like. He does have a 6 year contract with eureka, so, he said it's very likely he will be back.

Oh that's cool that you got to have lunch with him. I'd read that actually - in some interview or something after I Do Over aired - that he wasn't happy about the direction his character went. From what I read, he wanted Nathan to go more darkside.

I hadn't heard, though, about the six year contract, and the good possibility of him coming back. That's interesting.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

The CW's The Beautiful Life was the first cancellation of the season this year, after only two episodes. Ed Quinn was supposed to appear on the show as a recurring character, playing the husband of Elle Macpherson's character, but I doubt that any of his episodes will ever air now (that's assuming they even got to film them).

Personally, I wouldn't have watched anyway - the show was definitely not my style - but I thought Ed Quinn fans might be interested.
                - Life after Stargate -
                sigpic

Comment

I wonder who he's talking about here. Andrew Cosby and Jaime Paglia are the series creators, and they're both still involved with the show
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

According to this interview (which was posted right after I Do Over), Ed's talking about Andrew Cosby, and it makes it sound like Andrew hasn't been involved with the show since S1. In a recent interview with Jamie Ray Newman, they listed Jamie Paglia and Charlie Craig as show creators - no mention of Cosby.

http://www.visiteureka.net/interviews.html?i=21

[Ed Quinn] But shows change and this show changed considerably after Andrew Cosby's departure ... suddenly there wasn't much need for conflict ... not much need for that kind of dynamic between the characters. In addition, Nathan Stark was created to carry the serial aspects of the show ... the mythology. With all of those story lines ending or being abandoned (The Consortium. The Artifact. Kevin. Global Dynamics as a somewhat dark, somewhat sinister and secretive research facility) With all of that changing, Stark really didn't have much to do anymore but stand around with a clipboard, apologizing for his past behavior.

VisitEureka.net - He was almost de-fanged.

Ed - He was. He was almost de-fanged. There's another analogy we can use, but de-fanged is probably the best one. (laughs) We'll leave it at that.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      According to this interview (which was posted right after I Do Over), Ed's talking about Andrew Cosby, and it makes it sound like Andrew hasn't been involved with the show since S1. In a recent interview with Jamie Ray Newman, they listed Jamie Paglia and Charlie Craig as show creators - no mention of Cosby.

http://www.visiteureka.net/interviews.html?i=21

hey i am confused is season 3 over with ? and we are moving on to season 4 later on right ?

and about Nathan Stark( Ed Quinn) yeah that sucks how are you going to give someone a 6 year contract and they are not on the show ? what a bunch of jerks!!
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

well at least he get's paid

season 3.0 and 3.5 have aired in US & UK yes, season 4 won't hit our screens until I'm guessing, late 2010.

Comment

I very much hope he comes back - he is by far my favorite char on Eureka.
                          sigpic
                          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            well at least he get's paid

season 3.0 and 3.5 have aired in US & UK yes, season 4 won't hit our screens until I'm guessing, late 2010.
                            Well considering it's almost 2010 now and I don't even think they've started filming yet....

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                              I very much hope he comes back - he is by far my favorite char on Eureka.

I'm trying to convince Ed to get his own web pade started. If so, I'll make sure he lets everyone know about the future of his character on Eureka, if any. So, wish me luck on talking him into this.
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X