Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    The deputy has already pissed me off beyond being pissed off.
    Why is that?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
      Why is that?
      Well I suppose It is the way she just sits there with absolutely no expression and than when she does show some kind of emotion she goes way over board.

To put it simple she is a horrible character/actress.
      sigpic

Comment

I like Jo the Deputy.

Comment

I don't like her either. She's a walking cliche.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            I don't like her either. She's a walking cliche.
            She seems to be a bit better than she was in the pilot at least, though it could've just been because she wasn't around as much. But I'd have to agree she really was, though, think back to the first episode of SG-1, when we are introduced to Sam she definitly is a cliche. Over time I think Jo will evolve into a much more three dimensial character.
            My new favorite quote:
            "Fly Lucius, fly"
            -Rodney
            My old favorite:
            "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
            -Dr. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Kem Rixen
              She seems to be a bit better than she was in the pilot at least, though it could've just been because she wasn't around as much. But I'd have to agree she really was, though, think back to the first episode of SG-1, when we are introduced to Sam she definitly is a cliche. Over time I think Jo will evolve into a much more three dimensial character.
              I have to agree about Sam, I couldn't stand her in the first few eps of Stargate, especially the pilot- I liked Jo in the pilot, I liked the scenes between her and the daughter, haven't seen the second ep yet to know further but I could see how the character might get taken a bit overboard.

Comment

I don't mind Jo... she seems to be a bundle of contridictions which is fun... the gungho military type on the other hand, desperate and dateless on the other...

Episode 2 was IMO better than the pilot 1) because we were spared the annoying whining delinquent daughter. If her role is merely to make his life hell or complicate his love life, it's going to get old pretty soon.

2) SARAH is a nice touch.
                3) The continuity from the previous episode is terrific... a much stronger storyline altogether.
                4) The "how to kill of characters without killing off characters" plot
                5) Colin Ferguson plays the role with such laid back ease
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                  Jack Carter..... come on..... I would think they would be a bit more imaginative.
                  I agree completely...I said a while ago I wonder when Samantha Jackson or Daniel O'Neill was gonna show up
                  McKay:...ZedPM
                  O'Neill: Zed?
                  Jackson: He's Canadian
                  O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
                    I agree completely...I said a while ago I wonder when Samantha Jackson or Daniel O'Neill was gonna show up
                    LMAO!! Indeed!
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd love to ask the creators about that name choice because I would dearly love to find out that it has nothing at all to do with Stargate and that by some amazing stretch of reality Stargate manages NOT to be the center of every scifi universe.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I'd love to ask the creators about that name choice because I would dearly love to find out that it has nothing at all to do with Stargate and that by some amazing stretch of reality Stargate manages NOT to be the center of every scifi universe.
                        Now that's just crazy-talk.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I love SARAH, I mean it could get old really quick but it was funny to see him talking to the house and that Fargo was trying to deny the obvious was silly but fun, including that it was his *girly* voice and that is just freaky. I missed not seeing the Professor guy, is he a regular?

The daughter is I hope a background character, Joe I liked more in the second episode. I don't really like the main female lead, she is rather bland and lacks real character and no more of that kid please *either of them*.

The male lead (the new Sheriff) is good, I like him, he has yet to annoy me. *hey it happens*

I like it so far, early days but I was laughing at times out loud and that hasn't happen for a show in a while so I will keep watching.

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          I don't mind Matt Frewer... liked him as Max Headroom but please... if they really need to cast an Australian character they should use an Australian actor... I haven't heard a non-Australian do a decent job with the accent yet...
                          I loved Matt in Max Headroom, but I have to say when I heard the accent I was thinking please be South African! But then. Nooooo he said mate! He must be trying for an Australian accent... bugger.

It never works, OK yes, Americans might buy it but it still annoys me. Maybe he isn't in the series proper, seemed to be a few names missing in the opening credits anyway.

Comment

Or maybe he desperately wants to be Aussie because all the best big game hunters are Aussie. ...At least if you consider people like Steve Irwin to be the best anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Or maybe he desperately wants to be Aussie because all the best big game hunters are Aussie. ...At least if you consider people like Steve Irwin to be the best anything.
                              Crikey! Don't even start me on Steve Irwin. If Matt is a regular he is in my mind playing a South African.

Comment

I kinda like how they kill two characters in the pilot and then went "D'OH! Probley not the best idea to start killing people off in the pilot" then found a sneeky way to bring them back. Daniel Jackson would be proud.

But...Did I miss something?" What DID happen to the Director guy? Did he find his Point of Origin?
                                McKay:...ZedPM
                                O'Neill: Zed?
                                Jackson: He's Canadian
                                O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X