Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Husbands of River Song (2015)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Husbands of River Song (2015)

    Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SPECIALS
    THE HUSBANDS OF RIVER SONG
    The Doctor crosses paths with River Song, who does not recognize him for who he is as she enlists his help in stealing the head of her husband King Hydroflax -- leading to a frantic chase across the galaxy when the King's giant robotic bodyguard comes looking for him.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; December 29, 2015, 10:06 PM.

    #2
    very funny to start with! But I get so confused about River. She was Amy's child but regenerated a few times to become River, then was captured by the Silence and tried to kill the Doctor. then she was in prision and died when her mind got uploaded?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)


    Comment


      #3
      Atum,

      http://www.timey-wimey.com/blog/wp-c...bswo1_1280.jpg

      May help?



      I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. Whilst it was not my favourite Christmas ep ever, or indeed 'big' episode, it's one of the select few that I have absolutely no criticisms over. A wonderfully perfect festive adventure.

      Now the question... given that this takes place after Manhattan... does it also take place after 'Last Night' or before it?


      "Five Rounds Rapid"

      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        Good episode but wasn't really concentrating due to Christmas goings on in the background. Will need to watch again.

        Does feel like Rivers journey is over now, it was a nice final episode for her if that's what it was, but if it isn't, I'd be happy to see her again

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Good episode but wasn't really concentrating due to Christmas goings on in the background. Will need to watch again.

          Does feel like Rivers journey is over now, it was a nice final episode for her if that's what it was, but if it isn't, I'd be happy to see her again
          Thats the thing that most confused me. River saw a face she has never seen before and they met NOW. The Doctor knew her and she knew him. Since both are timetravellers, there are hundrets of potential meetings. I really hope its not the end of her, but it certainly was nice if it was.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Atum,

            http://www.timey-wimey.com/blog/wp-c...bswo1_1280.jpg

            May help?



            I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. Whilst it was not my favourite Christmas ep ever, or indeed 'big' episode, it's one of the select few that I have absolutely no criticisms over. A wonderfully perfect festive adventure.

            Now the question... given that this takes place after Manhattan... does it also take place after 'Last Night' or before it?
            After. Like River said, he'd planned to take her many times but always backed out, and the Eleventh Doctor had a real thing against endings so I'm betting he found a convenient way to change course and take her on a different adventure.

            Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            Thats the thing that most confused me. River saw a face she has never seen before and they met NOW. The Doctor knew her and she knew him. Since both are timetravellers, there are hundrets of potential meetings. I really hope its not the end of her, but it certainly was nice if it was.
            The thing is, River only knew of 12 faces before this episode, and she said that the last time they saw eachother was when he took her to see the Singing Towers... so yes, this is the last time River meets with the Doctor... However... he would know this himself so there is a little bit of an out in that regard if we say it's the last time she KNOWINGLY met the Doctor. Plus I suppose she could always get cleverly resurrected at some point.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              After. Like River said, he'd planned to take her many times but always backed out, and the Eleventh Doctor had a real thing against endings so I'm betting he found a convenient way to change course and take her on a different adventure.



              The thing is, River only knew of 12 faces before this episode, and she said that the last time they saw eachother was when he took her to see the Singing Towers... so yes, this is the last time River meets with the Doctor... However... he would know this himself so there is a little bit of an out in that regard if we say it's the last time she KNOWINGLY met the Doctor. Plus I suppose she could always get cleverly resurrected at some point.
              I would say by now Dr. Who reached a point where everything is possible. They make up rules and lately they are all being broken. River and the Doctor where supposed to meet in opposite directions, she should have never seen this face and there is still to discuss if History has not been rewritten just by giving the Doctor more regenerations.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                I would say by now Dr. Who reached a point where everything is possible. They make up rules and lately they are all being broken. River and the Doctor where supposed to meet in opposite directions, she should have never seen this face and there is still to discuss if History has not been rewritten just by giving the Doctor more regenerations.
                They don't meet in opposite directions, they meet in a random order.

                As for Trenzalore..well.. Time can be re-written.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Better then I had expected it would be considering it's a Christmas special.

                  7/10

                  Geez that River.

                  She's such a hussy I love her.

                  That dinner table scene kind of grossed me out at the time because I was eating and then the Doctor's line cracked me up I spat my food out.

                  That promo pic shows River in something that looks almost mechanical, Daleky even..

                  Was she wearing that in the episode because I did not notice?
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    I would say by now Dr. Who reached a point where everything is possible. They make up rules and lately they are all being broken. River and the Doctor where supposed to meet in opposite directions, she should have never seen this face and there is still to discuss if History has not been rewritten just by giving the Doctor more regenerations.


                    Well the whole Trenzalore thingy is a paradox as far as I am concerned.

                    It seems to me the same kind of "paradox loop" exists in "Time Of The Doctor" when Clara implores the Time Lords to fix the Doctor's death. The Doctor not dying on Trenzalore means there's no grave on Trenzalore which means there is no grave there any more so none of that ever happened?

                    To me this means the GI and Echo Clara never go back into the Doctor's timestream, which means The Snowmen never happens, which means The Doctor never tracks down the Impossible Girl, which means their whole relationship never happens, which means she's not there on Trenzalore to ask the Time Lords to change those events. Paradox loop. The timeline disintegrates.

                    Has this paradox ever been addressed? Was it some kind of Time Lord magic that Gallifrey could do for the Doctor but the Doctor couldn't do for Danny?
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      the river story line might come to an end, BUT, who says that it has to stay at an end, the doctor has left so many ,fairly powerful "companions" out there that they need to start to run in to them, romana, the doctors daughter, and the BIG supply of potential companions, the library, just because her body died, doesn't mean that her body can't be brought back, I mean, after all, the library DOES have a teleport system, and we have seen that there is a way to come back from the dead, the doctor did it every day for 4 billion years.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Well the whole Trenzalore thingy is a paradox as far as I am concerned.

                        It seems to me the same kind of "paradox loop" exists in "Time Of The Doctor" when Clara implores the Time Lords to fix the Doctor's death. The Doctor not dying on Trenzalore means there's no grave on Trenzalore which means there is no grave there any more so none of that ever happened?

                        To me this means the GI and Echo Clara never go back into the Doctor's timestream, which means The Snowmen never happens, which means The Doctor never tracks down the Impossible Girl, which means their whole relationship never happens, which means she's not there on Trenzalore to ask the Time Lords to change those events. Paradox loop. The timeline disintegrates.

                        Has this paradox ever been addressed? Was it some kind of Time Lord magic that Gallifrey could do for the Doctor but the Doctor couldn't do for Danny?
                        remember we did see clara die, BUT she had a tardis and like river song said," I could take it for as long as I want and do with it what ever I want and return it between seconds and he would never know the difference"

                        "oh yes he would"

                        "he hasn't yet"

                        so, there is no telling how long it will be before she is put back in to her body and killed.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          the life of river song



                          the rest.

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWoDuF84i9E

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSgEVFAjVDM

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5XlC6Q6njg

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I've enjoyed some of River's song, but I think this is a perfect note to end her run on. The Doctor didn't back away - in fact he pushed forward toward her last encounter with him (in her chronology) before her final ending, and to have him meet her again now really would need some twist of illogic... which of course Moffat does every other day, sadly, so I somehow doubt it will be her last...

                            The story itself... "Fun", I guess, but I'd rather have A Feast of Steven.
                            as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Well the whole Trenzalore thingy is a paradox as far as I am concerned.

                              It seems to me the same kind of "paradox loop" exists in "Time Of The Doctor" when Clara implores the Time Lords to fix the Doctor's death. The Doctor not dying on Trenzalore means there's no grave on Trenzalore which means there is no grave there any more so none of that ever happened?

                              To me this means the GI and Echo Clara never go back into the Doctor's timestream, which means The Snowmen never happens, which means The Doctor never tracks down the Impossible Girl, which means their whole relationship never happens, which means she's not there on Trenzalore to ask the Time Lords to change those events. Paradox loop. The timeline disintegrates.

                              Has this paradox ever been addressed? Was it some kind of Time Lord magic that Gallifrey could do for the Doctor but the Doctor couldn't do for Danny?
                              Just because the Doctor didn't die at Trenzalore that day it doesn't mean he won't still die there.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X