No announcement yet.

Planet of the Dead (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gets out the popcorn, sit back and lets watch the argument discussion continue. It gonna be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      EDIT: Besides, I was only mentioning the line as one that was potentially a bit naughty. I wasn't intending to make THIS big a deal out of it.
      It really doesn't take much for this kind of debates, huh.
      Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
      ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
      cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

Originally posted by Forseti (a.k.a. Thor's lawyer) View Post
        It really doesn't take much for this kind of debates, huh.
        Indeed. I'm regretting mentioning anything now... as I've also been taken out of context, and unless I'm greatly mistaken, CrazedWraith believes me to be a science-rejecting creationist.... Oh deary me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Indeed. I'm regretting mentioning anything now... as I've also been taken out of context, and unless I'm greatly mistaken, CrazedWraith believes me to be a science-rejecting creationist.... Oh deary me.
          *pats Fobby* That's why God Someone invented the ignore feature, sweetie.

Comment

Too bad I also wanted to get out my popcorn LOL

I didn't know that RTD is a Dawkins fan but then I still have to watch "The Second Coming" from him which I have but never watched. A lot of things that are said between the lines now make sense.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Sooooo.

Planets.

Dead things.

Dead planets.

Planets of the Dead.

Cracking. (ha ha ha ha)

And UNIT - hurrah!

So who do people prefer, Magumbo or Mace?

I personally prefer the latter. I think he was a much more effective commander and one who would be appauled with putting a gun to the head of the scientific advisor. Additionally, he wore, just as the Brig did, British Army number 2 dress. Why on EARTH is Magumbo wearing a BLACK tunic???

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Don't know my history so I don't know Mace, but he sounds better than Magumbo. She's a bit too... I dunno, but I didn't like her stick-up-the-arse vibe and pulling the gun on the geeky fanboy was very uncool, IMO. Either she's incredibly stupid for planning to shoot their lead science guy who's the only one who knows how everything works (she should at least have had a backup geek primed and ready) or she's incredibly stupid for thinking she can get people to cooperate simply by pointing a gun at them and NOT shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Don't know my history so I don't know Mace, but he sounds better than Magumbo. She's a bit too... I dunno, but I didn't like her stick-up-the-arse vibe and pulling the gun on the geeky fanboy was very uncool, IMO. Either she's incredibly stupid for planning to shoot their lead science guy who's the only one who knows how everything works (she should at least have had a backup geek primed and ready) or she's incredibly stupid for thinking she can get people to cooperate simply by pointing a gun at them and NOT shooting.
                  Mace was the Officer in Charge of Operation Blue Sky, ie the Sontaran Stratagem and Poison Sky.

Here we go:

And yes, Magumbo was stupid. She can't salute properly either.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Mace was the Officer in Charge of Operation Blue Sky, ie the Sontaran Stratagem and Poison Sky.
                    Ohhh, that guy! Loved him!

Comment

Hmmm.........gotta say........I'm not too sure about this one. I mean i mised the first 5 minutes so i could do with a second viewing buuut it wasn't quite as good as I wanted it to be..........well............much rather it was very good...............all except the flying bus...........once again way too harry potter. .....Was hoping for a Journeys End......instead got something more in town with the last christmas special......I still loved it........I just felt a bit..........empty afterwards.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

No but I do think you can't read. "Crazedwraith" at most one capital letter. This isn't really heated argument for me. I'm sorry if I come off a bit fierce.

Also I will concede I went slightly off the rails with my last post and for some reason jumped from a discussion of atheism to that of Darwin's theory of evolution which is not what you talking about at all. So sorry for that.

But I will maintain that Atheism is not 'a belief system' in the sense there is no code of conduct of atheism. There isn't church meetings for atheisms and a standard set of believes or values. Its not a codified system. It simply a term for someone who doesn't believe in any kind of god.

In the end though, it was a half a line in PoD. And it wasn't explicitly athiest either. For all we know what he was about to say could have actually backed up christianity. The only people I think that will be truely offended are people that were looking to be offened in the first place.

Edit: Most of this discussion will I think be taken in PMs if it goes any further. Apologies for the slight tangent.
                        Last edited by Crazedwraith; 12 April 2009, 01:24 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Well, there's nothing to regret in my opinion... since there's no such thing as a bad debate. You made a valid point and I argued in post # 59 that by following the same logic PotD would also be pushing a creationist agenda. So, maybe one thing can cancel out the other thing (two wrongs make a right ).

This actually brings back memories about another discussion I had on this forum. It started with me trying to explain scientific notions like the theory of evolution and their misrepresentation in popular fiction... and then the whole thing escalated and became "natural v. supernatural". Peachy, but ultimately very tiresome and useless. If two sides start with a fundamentally different premise, you'll never get the message through. Hence, while I like Dawkins (I consider myself an atheist by belief and an agnostic by methodology), I don't see how he could ever win the argument or even improve anything by doing so. Ironically both sides end up doing the same thing. There's nothing either good or evil, but (human) thinking makes it so...

It seems we wandered way of topic here, all thanks to the Doctor. Did say I thought it was a decent episode? I guess so, but what do you think, honorable next poster?
                          Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
                          ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
                          cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

Wait, why did they not just push the Tardis through the rift?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                              Wait, why did they not just push the Tardis through the rift?
                              Wouldn't be as much fun?

I wanna know about the expansion thing. They said they cleared the airspace, but what about the poor saps on the ground? did they cordon off the whole area or are we meant to believe that this wormhole only expanded upwards and not in any other directions?

Comment

Yeah it really wasn't that well thought out. Still an enjoyable romp though. I think they got stuck with the idea of ''wouldnt it be cool to have a bus on another planet'' and had to fudge the rest to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X