Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demons of the Punjab (1106)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Demons of the Punjab (1106)

    Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 37 (11)
    DEMONS OF THE PUNJAB
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3706 / 1106
    Yaz convinces the Doctor to take them to the Punjab, India, in 1947 -- where she meets her grandmother on the eve of a bloody conflict. But it soon becomes clear that aliens are also in the borderlands.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; November 11, 2018, 11:51 PM.

    #2
    Loved the musical score in this!!
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)


    Comment


      #3
      Easily my favourite episode of the season so far.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

      Comment


        #4
        One of the better episodes of the season but I find Im still getting used to this new Doctor...

        Also not a fan of one episode stories, missing the season arcs...

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          One of the better episodes of the season but I find Im still getting used to this new Doctor...

          Also not a fan of one episode stories, missing the season arcs...
          I'm pretty sure a story arc has been slowly and slyly seeded. Like Bad Wolf or YANA, only a little more subtle.

          Besides, they said in advance that this season would be an "audition year" for villains. When you've only got ten episodes, you're not going to burn two of them on the same monster.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I'm pretty sure a story arc has been slowly and slyly seeded. Like Bad Wolf or YANA, only a little more subtle.

            Besides, they said in advance that this season would be an "audition year" for villains. When you've only got ten episodes, you're not going to burn two of them on the same monster.
            Agreed, at the moment they are simply doing the "throwing stuff against the wall and see what sticks" approach. For Doctor Who thats no problem and it may be beneficial. I like it very much so far and actually I am pretty sad that there are only 4 Episodes to go. I guess the last will be the Christmas Special then.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              Agreed, at the moment they are simply doing the "throwing stuff against the wall and see what sticks" approach. For Doctor Who thats no problem and it may be beneficial. I like it very much so far and actually I am pretty sad that there are only 4 Episodes to go. I guess the last will be the Christmas Special then.
              The holiday special doesn't count as part of the 10. There's also no Christmas Day special this year as the special is being shown on new years day.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

              Comment


                #8
                Good episode, got to learn a bit more about Yaz and her family. I like episodes like this that visit times in history that aren't always common knowledge or seen in movies & TV often. I had heard about the partition of India before, but this made it much more interesting and personal.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Fun fact I would like to share...

                  I watched The Da Vinci Code last night and tonight, and one of the British actors looked eerily familiar. I just couldn't place him at first. Then I thought, I've seen him recently in Doctor Who. I recognize this guy. He was definitely in the last serie of Doctor Who.

                  I'm talking about the youth on the bus who lends his phone to Sophie Neveu and Robert Langdon when they need to find out about what knight has been interred in London and whose funeral was presided over by a pope (Sir Isaac Newton by Alexander Pope).

                  I thought he was the guy from the New Year episode, but I was wrong. Instead it turns out to be Shane Zaza and he played Prem in this episode.

                  He shared screentime with Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
                  Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X