Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hell Bent (3512 / 912)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
    Oh, and - Moffat was paraphrasing (his) The Curse of Fatal Death when 12 was saying goodbye to Clara...

    Curse of Fatal Death:
    EMMA: He was never cruel and never cowardly, and it'll never be safe to be scared again.

    Hell Bent:
    DOCTOR: Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.
    He quoted that in The Day Of The Doctor too, so its not really that significant.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

    Comment


      #92
      This one's interesting. How long has the Doctor been a hybrid? Since his 8th incarnation? I should watch the movie again...
      sigpic

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by maneth View Post
        This one's interesting. How long has the Doctor been a hybrid? Since his 8th incarnation? I should watch the movie again...
        Well, Moffat refrained from full on calling the Doctor a human/Time Lord hybrid... He suggested instead that Clara & the Doctor could be the hybrid...

        Otherwise... I'd say it's not so much that he only became a Hybrid at a point in time, but has always been - just never admitted to, until The Movie...

        Frankly I was expecting them to reprise the "half human" thing the way it was going... shocked they didn't.
        as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          Well, Moffat refrained from full on calling the Doctor a human/Time Lord hybrid... He suggested instead that Clara & the Doctor could be the hybrid...

          Otherwise... I'd say it's not so much that he only became a Hybrid at a point in time, but has always been - just never admitted to, until The Movie...

          Frankly I was expecting them to reprise the "half human" thing the way it was going... shocked they didn't.
          I was one of those fans who always hated that line in the movie, but with how it was written in this episode, if they had dropped the bombshell I actually may have approved.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

          Comment


            #95
            The whole hybrid thing is just such a massive retcon... Yes, I will admit that it always did feel as though there was "more to" the Doctor leaving than simple boredom as he explained to Jamie and Zoe, but fear that he would destroy Gallifrey? Nah. Much more like the idea of him having been involved in some nasty dirty adventure with the Celestial Intervention Agency, and having to flee...
            as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

            Comment


              #96
              I stand by the notion that Susan is the Hybrid which is why he took her with him in the first place, but he'll play up the idea that he is so it throws suspicion off her.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

              Comment


                #97
                And if Susan's the hybrid, would the Doctor be her grandfather in a literal sense?
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  The whole hybrid thing is just such a massive retcon... Yes, I will admit that it always did feel as though there was "more to" the Doctor leaving than simple boredom as he explained to Jamie and Zoe, but fear that he would destroy Gallifrey? Nah. Much more like the idea of him having been involved in some nasty dirty adventure with the Celestial Intervention Agency, and having to flee...
                  I always thought he was trying to make a political statement, you know, showing the other Time Lords that he's not going to blindly follow the rules.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    I stand by the notion that Susan is the Hybrid which is why he took her with him in the first place, but he'll play up the idea that he is so it throws suspicion off her.
                    Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    And if Susan's the hybrid, would the Doctor be her grandfather in a literal sense?

                    But Susan's never been mentioned? How would she take over Gallifrey?
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                    Comment


                      Frankly I don't see how she could go evil crazy, such a mild mannered lady...I only saw the two first episodes...
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic


                      Comment


                        Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        Frankly I don't see how she could go evil crazy, such a mild mannered lady...I only saw the two first episodes...
                        Watch the 3rd... And don't let her near a pair of scissors...
                        as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X