No announcement yet.

Heaven Sent (3511 / 911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to the "person" who is regenerating in the trailer, and someone who would hate the doctor enough to put him through 2 billion years of torture, perhaps the Great intelligence?
    The rulers of a previous universe, combined with what are arguably the rulers of the Whoniverse in the Time Lords would certainly be a hybrid worth fearing. We know that the GI infiltrated the Doctors timeline since he started running from Gallifrey, so as long as the Doctor lives, so does the GI. Now that Clara is out of the picture to an extent, it would be the perfect time for it to seek it's revenge. I also don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that the GI would have foreseen Clara taking the Chronolock from Rigsey in order to make the circumstances viable for it's future embodiment.

Thoughts?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'd love to see the GI return in a more meaningful story... But given the trailer, I really think next week at least is all Time Lord related, no one else..

(And I still think the "lock" was Time Lord made, ensuring only the Doctor could enter...)
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
        I'd love to see the GI return in a more meaningful story...
        This. The Great Intelligence isn't a villain you kill off permanently.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          In regards to the "person" who is regenerating in the trailer, and someone who would hate the doctor enough to put him through 2 billion years of torture, perhaps the Great intelligence?
          The rulers of a previous universe, combined with what are arguably the rulers of the Whoniverse in the Time Lords would certainly be a hybrid worth fearing. We know that the GI infiltrated the Doctors timeline since he started running from Gallifrey, so as long as the Doctor lives, so does the GI. Now that Clara is out of the picture to an extent, it would be the perfect time for it to seek it's revenge. I also don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that the GI would have foreseen Clara taking the Chronolock from Rigsey in order to make the circumstances viable for it's future embodiment.

Thoughts?
          The GI was the badie that used the Silence/Silent monsters right? (I'm old, give me a break lol).

While watching this episode I did turn to the Mrs at one point and asked her if the monsters hands looked like a Silent's hand, she agreed (which is a minor miracle in itself haha).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            The GI was the badie that used the Silence/Silent monsters right? (I'm old, give me a break lol).

While watching this episode I did turn to the Mrs at one point and asked her if the monsters hands looked like a Silent's hand, she agreed (which is a minor miracle in itself haha).
            No, the Silence were in Series 6, the GI in Series 7.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              No, the Silence were in Series 6, the GI in Series 7.
              I am not sure if Ian-S means the Silence or the Whisper men.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I saw someone mention Susan...That would be interesting to bring back Susan since she was his granddaughter and not just a companion. She would be capable of calming him down a bit.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Holy Deus Ex Machina Batman!

There's no reason to suspect Susan is involved. It's most likely someone we've already seen this season, or the Timelord leadership on Gallifrey. Maybe just one high ranking official who didn't want the Doctor to come back.

Comment

There still that person in the mask that needs to be explained.

Comment

What mask?
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing from the trailer maybe Rassilon has regenerated...

I'm not sure the mask/regeneration thing is a mask or regen, rather, someone dying painfully...
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

What if the GI and Time Lords conspired in this trap?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Also

Do we really need to know why he left Gallifrey? It was a huge mystery in the old series never explained fully so why can't they keep it a mystery?

Must everything be explained for everyone?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

What if the "long way round" to Gallifrey is to wait for Earth to become Gallifrey in the future?

Maybe the sun expansion we saw in "End of the World" from season 1 of the new series was Omega's experiment to create the Time Lord energy source? Would certainly be a clever way to link it all together. It would also explain the Citadel being a big glass bubble and the planet itself being a barren wasteland.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                What if the GI and Time Lords conspired in this trap?
                                We haven't had a single hint that the Intelligence is involved in this. I agree with you on the second part though. I think the Second Doctor's explanation didn't need to be messed with.

Comment

Working...
                                X