X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-90_177
    replied
    Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    This was a great episode. One of my favourites too.

I think we will hear more about that toy soldier. There is a big chunk of the puzzle missing. How did that soldier get from the young Doctor and into the toy box at Gloucester Children's home? Did the Doctor put it there? If so, why? Or did somebody else? Again, why? I have my own theory about that.

I think we will be hearing more about Danny Pink as well.

Not everything needs to go full circle. Particularly since the soldier has to have been made in the first place. Chances are it was either a toy the young doctor eventually lost, or it's in the TARDIS somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Ah, but who or what was the creature on the bed?

And how did that chalk write on the Doctor's blackboard by itself?

Leave a comment:

• Blencathra
    replied
    This was a great episode. One of my favourites too.

I think we will hear more about that toy soldier. There is a big chunk of the puzzle missing. How did that soldier get from the young Doctor and into the toy box at Gloucester Children's home? Did the Doctor put it there? If so, why? Or did somebody else? Again, why? I have my own theory about that.

I think we will be hearing more about Danny Pink as well.

Leave a comment:

• Amy Pond
    replied
    I think this was one of my favorite episodes of the season. Hoping to see more of that toy soldier. I think it'd be cool if it had a larger part in Clara's overall story.

Leave a comment:

• Blencathra
    replied
    I re-watched this last night. It's just dawned on me that Rupert/Danny Pink was living in the West Country Children's Home, Gloucester, at the same time (early 1990s) that Amy, Rory and Mels were growing up in Leadworth, a short distance away. I don't know if that is of any significance, but it's.... interesting.

I'm still fascinated by the toy soldier.
    Last edited by Blencathra; 09 August 2015, 01:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    And there really was something on young Rupert's bed. And it didn't look like another kid from the home, even out of focus.
    It did indeed........ All the Doctors waffle and bull wasn't convincing.

But the message about fear was good. But his waffle in that scene was not convincing. There was something there.

Leave a comment:

• Quizziard
    replied
    And there really was something on young Rupert's bed. And it didn't look like another kid from the home, even out of focus.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    So who did the writing on the Doctor's blackboard?

Leave a comment:

• rushy
    replied
    He gave Adelaide foreknowledge of her fate and the power to choose.
    Also, it's "Time Lord Victorious".

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Originally posted by rushy View Post
    True, but if he hadn't told Adelaide the truth, she wouldn't have killed herself. Adelaide made the conscious choice to restore the timeline.
    She also made the conscious decision to blow up the Mars base without any interference, and no foreknowledge of what that decision would cause.

Point being, what did the "time lord triumphant" really change?

Leave a comment:

• rushy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Wasn't it?
    Pompeii became a non fixed point in time according to that logic due to the interference of the Pyroviles, but that very interference became the reason why the Doctor not only let it blow, but caused it.

Fixed points are simply that, they WILL happen, no matter what, and the Doctor even says it himself, the more he tries to interfere, the more he causes the event. I'll Agree it's entirely out of character for the doctor, to accept "pre destiny", but I think that's more because the bigger his ego gets, the bigger "smack down" he needs. In the end, all he changed was where Adelaide died, and created the "mystery" of how she got to Earth at all, rather than why she caused the nuclear explosion on Mars.
    True, but if he hadn't told Adelaide the truth, she wouldn't have killed herself. Adelaide made the conscious choice to restore the timeline.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    But for the briefest moment, the fixed point becamed fluxed. Adelaide's suicide wasn't predetermined.
    Wasn't it?
    Pompeii became a non fixed point in time according to that logic due to the interference of the Pyroviles, but that very interference became the reason why the Doctor not only let it blow, but caused it.

Fixed points are simply that, they WILL happen, no matter what, and the Doctor even says it himself, the more he tries to interfere, the more he causes the event. I'll Agree it's entirely out of character for the doctor, to accept "pre destiny", but I think that's more because the bigger his ego gets, the bigger "smack down" he needs. In the end, all he changed was where Adelaide died, and created the "mystery" of how she got to Earth at all, rather than why she caused the nuclear explosion on Mars.

Leave a comment:

• rushy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Gotta love the illusion of free will.
    Adelaide had no choice, she never did. Even entertaining the notion that she did is just silly. Oh sure, she wanted to live, save her team and all the rest of that heroic stuff, but the Doctor TOLD her what the cost of her survival would be, and as a hero, she did what she felt she must.
    The only thing that changed was weather she died on Earth, or Mars, which is shown in the Doctors memory of the news articles, nothing else changed.
    But for the briefest moment, the fixed point becamed fluxed. Adelaide's suicide wasn't predetermined.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    That's very true....... I would have liked had she chosen not to......Just to mix things up.
    Gotta love the illusion of free will.
    Adelaide had no choice, she never did. Even entertaining the notion that she did is just silly. Oh sure, she wanted to live, save her team and all the rest of that heroic stuff, but the Doctor TOLD her what the cost of her survival would be, and as a hero, she did what she felt she must.
    The only thing that changed was weather she died on Earth, or Mars, which is shown in the Doctors memory of the news articles, nothing else changed.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Yes, but if Adelaide hadn't killed herself, the timeline would've remained altered. The potential was there. For a moment, it WAS changed.
    That's very true....... I would have liked had she chosen not to......Just to mix things up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X