Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rushy
    replied
    Yes, but if Adelaide hadn't killed herself, the timeline would've remained altered. The potential was there. For a moment, it WAS changed.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Originally posted by rushy View Post
    The timeline only reasserted itself when Adelaide killed herself and no one knew that would happen.
    Her death was a fixed point in time, the Doctor, in his arrogance thought he could change that and control the laws of time.
    He was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied

Ooooh Doctor number 9..........

Or more absurd if the TARDIS landed next to Fonzie...... Maybe he could take Clara away for an adventure

Leave a comment:

• rushy
    replied
    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    And who would that be?
    Who do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    The timeline only reasserted itself when Adelaide killed herself and no one knew that would happen.
    Besides, END OF THE UNIVERSE and no Time Lords? Think, people, think!

I agree that stories are more important than ramming a message down our throats. The end of Listen needed more thought put into it. I actually would've loved it if the TARDIS materialised next to a guy in a leather coat who's catching a few hours of sleep during an adventure...

And who would that be?

Leave a comment:

• rushy
    replied
    Besides, END OF THE UNIVERSE and no Time Lords? Think, people, think!

I agree that stories are more important than ramming a message down our throats. The end of Listen needed more thought put into it. I actually would've loved it if the TARDIS materialised next to a guy in a leather coat who's catching a few hours of sleep during an adventure...

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
    Gatefan1976, no... I have a 2005 G4 Mac Mini, with a WD Cloud NAS drive storing 4TB of AVI/Mov files in another room...

I have a set of Ethernet Over Power boxes on their way though, so I'm hoping that will be an improvement over the Wifi...
    No dude
    A TV recorder like foxtel or fetch

Leave a comment:

• cosmichobo
    replied
    Gatefan1976, no... I have a 2005 G4 Mac Mini, with a WD Cloud NAS drive storing 4TB of AVI/Mov files in another room...

I have a set of Ethernet Over Power boxes on their way though, so I'm hoping that will be an improvement over the Wifi...

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Cosmic
    Do you have a DVR?

Leave a comment:

• cosmichobo
    replied
    Regards to 12's waking comment about the Sontarans... Pretty sure it was reminiscent of The Time Warrior...

Originally posted by Third Doctor
    You're interfering with human evolution, Linx. Don't you realise the damage that you're going to do to them?
    Originally posted by Twelfth Doctor
    DOCTOR: Sontarans! Perverting the course of human history!

By the time we finally got to the end of the Universe, and the Doctor revealed his intent to stick around to see what it was that had frightened Awesome [sik] Pink, I felt like we needed this to be a two parter, to actually make the rest of the story have taken us on this journey for a good reason...

Instead, they wrapped it up rather disappointingly in 10 minutes...

Of course... those 10 minutes included a trip to Gallifrey! but as noted (probably), what the hell?! Gallifrey is Time Locked... Not just present Gallifrey... or else the Daleks too would just nip back and lay in wait under the Doctor's bed...

The concept really was interest, but the execution like far too many modern WHO stories, bogged itself down in companion banter instead of telling us a good ****ing story.

And my wifi's pissing me off, making it very hard to enjoy viewing these new series episodes, which is in turn making it hard to get into Doc12...

First world problems... I know.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    And didn't #10 say to Martha that he used to have a family, either as him being part of his family or his family that he more or less abandoned on Galifrey....

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    (PSSSTTT)
    If you answer "none" you get bonus points

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Also, in The Three Doctors, they broke the First Law by sending the Doctor's past incarnations to the future when the universe was in danger. There'd no reason they couldn't have done something during all the New Who catastrophes.
    Did they send them to Gallifrey??
    See, this is the ONLY issue I am discussing/arguing with you.
    Gallifrey stands alone as the first species/race to master "time" and it makes sense that they could, or indeed would prevent meddling into their own time by some means. This is why I wonder exactly what enforces the laws of time. In the "waters of Mars" the Doctor deliberately messes with a fixed point in time because he believes that as "time lord Triumphant" he has the RIGHT to do so, yet causality or "time's nature" re-establishes itself when Adelaide kills herself. (which is somewhat echoed in "the wedding of River Song")
    So, who is in charge of the laws? Is it the Time lords, or is it just a force like Gravity?

As to sending past doctors "once more into the breach", they did it in "day of the Doctor" and even got the future ones angry eyebrows along for the ride

Hm, you're right about the sky... and I guess having it off-planet would make sense.
    To my knowledge, the doctor has never said *where* he was born (assuming he was not "loomed"). Hell, I was born in a hospital, lived in one suburb for 7 years, and lived in another 21 years, which one did I "grow up" in?

Leave a comment:

• rushy
    replied
    Also, in The Three Doctors, they broke the First Law by sending the Doctor's past incarnations to the future when the universe was in danger. There'd no reason they couldn't have done something during all the New Who catastrophes.

Hm, you're right about the sky... and I guess having it off-planet would make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Maegan
    replied
    I have a theory that the Doctor and river song had a baby. Whom of which is Danny Pink. Who then later met up with Clara for their drink date. It could be plausible...because of what they did with Amy and Rory's child. It could happen. It would make an interesting episode to watch. And Orson Pink said that time travel ran in his family. It would only mean that his parents could be the doctor and river song.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X