X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol your most probably right
    sigpic

Comment

I have seen it in a few youtubes and I think it's a scene in "journey's end" where one of the Torchwood people has this like a locket kind of thing and he sees visions of the Doctor and company running from the episode "Utopia" and I just wondered why that was there and what the locket thing was doing on Torchwood?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Is the locket Sarah Jane's Warpstar? It's the only thing I can think of in that episode that bares any resemblance to a locket.

Spoiler:

I'm guessing the flashback to Utopia would be Jack's memory

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
          Is the locket Sarah Jane's Warpstar? It's the only thing I can think of in that episode that bares any resemblance to a locket.

Spoiler:

I'm guessing the flashback to Utopia would be Jack's memory

The scene I am thinking of takes place in a street and I think it's Ianto or somene kneeling over the body of a dead person and they're holding this thing that looks like either a locket or pendant. And the camera shows it going all glowy and we see a flash of the Doc and company running down corridors from Utopia.....

Comment

Must be a fan video. There's nothing like that in Journey's end. I know a lot of fans like mixing DW scenes in with TW ones.

The Torchwood ep Fragments involves dead bodies and a locket but not a Utopia flashback.

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
              Must be a fan video. There's nothing like that in Journey's end. I know a lot of fans like mixing DW scenes in with TW ones.

The Torchwood ep Fragments involves dead bodies and a locket but not a Utopia flashback.

Here is where I got what I was talking about
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jc2fRFi4jQ

Comment

Awesome fan video!! The Torchwood stuff at the beginning just before the Utopia running down the corridor is definitely from Fragments with a big of Ianto and Gwen shooting from Journey's end.

Comment

this is a great episodes one of my fave
                  sigpic

Comment

Worst episode ever. Nearly painful to watch.

The reasons why (posted in another thread as well):

I can't decide whether to complain about it here or go to the review thread. let's just say its starts with the horrible anticlimax from the last episode: I'm regenerating! Oh wait no I'm not! Total cop out and was obviously only done to generate talk about DT going. (ironically he decided to leave after this episode anyway. So we will see him properly regenerate soon enough)

Then they did the thing where they had to magically rope everyone from everywhere for the finale. Even those sociopathic idiots from Torchwood and the magic alien kid from the children's show.

Then everyone they laboriously roped in got captured by the Daleks anyway and spend the rest of the episode standing around in containment field doing nothing. Even Rose who despite have an entire series long arc to get him back in the right reality does nothing except look lovingly at the Doctor in a couple of scenes and then gets shunted back and dumped in Pete's world.

Then of course Donna pops up and solves everything through the Power of technobabble! Because apparently the Dalek's build their dungeons with a button labeled; "push here to kill us" total non-climax finish and lame to boot.

Of course then the Doctor tries to save Davros, a man who has attempted genocide so many times we've lost count, created the Daleks and is generally irredeemable, this is the same Doctor who claimed he had so little mercy left in "Familly Reunion" (Or was it Christmas Invasion"?) And condemned the entire Familiy of Blood to never ending torment for merely pissing him and off and he tires to save the man responsible for the death of the Doctor's entire species.

I mean; Come on!

Oh and they made a big deal about one of the Doctor's companions dying. Yet none of them did. A few lost memories does not equal death. Again another cheap attempt at cranking up the tension that they didn't deliver on. And what's worse they'd pulled the same trick in Doomsday. The best explain around for this that I can imagine is that Dalek Caan was actually talking about himself.

I will admit the "TARDIS needs Six pilots!" scene was quite fun but thats about its only redeeming feature.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

^ ^ Excellent post Crazed Wraith....

While I may not agree with all of that it was good reading. You don't by any chance know the other thread you posted in?

I do agree about Davros that was so lame ass.

Comment

i do not agree with it all ether but i agree good read.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm currently going through all the DVDs of the 4th series and on the whole I thoroughly am enjoying the episodes again. Have to say my faovurite episode so far is "Planet of the Ood" by far my favourite episode so far. Didn't much care for the Agatha Christie episode second time around. I felt a bit meh. about that episode.

Second time around fo rme a few things really did annoy me. That stupid bloody hand. As a plot device it's lame. Why and how the hell did it take over the TARDIS in "The Doctor's Daughter" and then lead them to that planet where Jenny was made? To me that was a bit lame. of all the times it could have done that it does that right after the events of "poison sky" which was a great two parter and my second favourite story together with "sontaran Strategem".......

Well there I said it.

Comment

i agree that some of the episodes are lame i also agree the Planet of the Ood was on of the better episodes
                            sigpic

Comment

Things I learnt from this series.

1. Davros is the ultimate hypocrite. Calls the Doctor a butcher but what has he done over the course of his life?

2. That a clone of the Doctor can wipe out the entire Dalek race because the real Doctor is too wimpy to make that choice.

3. The Doctor can accuse the clone Doctor of genocide, despite the fact that he did the very same thing in the Time War. Another hypocriticial moment...

4. Donna is better then sliced bread. Deserved a hell of a lot more then what she got. She was brilliant.

5. Daleks live on being uber hysterical instead of irrational and calm.

6. Red Dalek didn't realise Captain Jack can't die

7. The Ood can see when you might become a future Time Lord

8. Daleks uber dumb. If they're the only race left in existence they have no more purpose to live. Dalek Caan was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Things I learnt from this series.

1. Davros is the ultimate hypocrite. Calls the Doctor a butcher but what has he done over the course of his life?

2. That a clone of the Doctor can wipe out the entire Dalek race because the real Doctor is too wimpy to make that choice.

3. The Doctor can accuse the clone Doctor of genocide, despite the fact that he did the very same thing in the Time War. Another hypocriticial moment...

4. Donna is better then sliced bread. Deserved a hell of a lot more then what she got. She was brilliant.

5. Daleks live on being uber hysterical instead of irrational and calm.

6. Red Dalek didn't realise Captain Jack can't die

7. The Ood can see when you might become a future Time Lord

8. Daleks uber dumb. If they're the only race left in existence they have no more purpose to live. Dalek Caan was right.
                                1. Davros is mad. In his eyes he has created the ultimate race in the daleks. To him the daleks are perfect and there is no need for any other life. So yeah davros would call the Doctor a Butcher because he continues to destroy his entire perfect race.

2. This was explained quite simply. The clone doctor is not the same doctor we know. The doctor we know holds all life to be sacred now. Including the daleks. He'd only destroy them if he really had to. The doctor probably would have just manipulated the controls a different way to keep the daleks prisoners forever. Whereas the clone was much more like a darker side of the doctor because as much as the good side of the human race has been transfered to him (in the fact that he can love rose the way she deserves) It also brings out the worst in humanity in the for of vengance.

3. Again, A different doctor, a different regeneration. The doctor also only does it in extreme circumstances where as his clone did it more out of malice. The 8th/9th doctor is the one who has commited genocide before. He was different man back then, as the 10th has said on numerous occasions. Yes it's hypocritacal but when you're a changed man you put the past behind you.

4. Don't worry....I bet anything she'll be back.

5. Not quite sure what you're getting at? Are you saying in the episode they were hysterical and that was a bad thing or that they were irrational and calm in this one and that was bad?

6. Well yeah, but when has a Dalek ever come accross anything that can't die? It's probably a foreign concept to alot of them. He shot Jack and he keeled over dead.....he's never met Jack before so the assumption is that he is dead clearly.......plus Jack does die...he just comes back to life. If he tried shooting jack a second time then that's quite simple......he knows it at least slows him down..........

7. What's wrong with that? There's alot we don't know about the ood still.....

8. Yeeeeah. And the daleks don't care........they haven't even considered what will happen when they are the only race left. The just want purity in the universe and purity in their eyes is one where they are the only race in exsistance.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X