Journey's End (3013/413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    There would be nothing to make the daleks happier. They are the ultimate racists. All they want is what they consider genetic perfection. That being them. If all was left in the universe was themselves, in their minds, they would have been perfectly happy....

Well I actually find it interesting to think that they have myths and legends. They are a civilisation spanning millenia. Maybe they do have some sort of culture beyond killing the genetically impure.

Now there's a thought. Dalek story time
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by coco pops View Post
      now there's a thought. Dalek story time
      i have written a poem! It is called dafodils!! Exteminate dafodils!!!!
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i have written a poem! It is called dafodils!! Exteminate dafodils!!!!
        Please post the rest of your poem

Comment

i also would love to read it
          sigpic

Comment

I have another question....... When Clone Doctor moved the TARDIS away from the Crucible why all that guff about being quiet and not talking? Did the Daleks bug the TARDIS so that they could hear them talking?

Comment

hmm thats an interesting question. i don't know but it reminds me of what submarines do when a enemy is close they run silent and don't make a sound because altho the other sub hasn't bugged the other sub there equipment can pick up the sound waves maybe the daleks have equipment that does the same thing. or maybe he is just crazy from just being born. or both
              sigpic

Comment

Howcome the clone Doctor who is half human and half Time Lord I think doesn't have the same problem and explode like Donna might?

And while we are at that why can't the Doctor use something like the Chameleon arch to cure Donna make her whole human again?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Howcome the clone Doctor who is half human and half Time Lord I think doesn't have the same problem and explode like Donna might?

And while we are at that why can't the Doctor use something like the Chameleon arch to cure Donna make her whole human again?
                  Quite simple.

The Doctor had essentially a Timelord mind and nervous system still, whereas donna merely had a timelord mind downloaded into her brain.

Think of it like this.

We can assume that a Timelord has at least some form of genetic memory. This would explain how the Human Doctor still knows who he is even though he is grown from just a hand. It would also explain how the Doctor retains all his memories even when his entire genetic structure alters during regeneration.

Now the hand was filled with regeneration energy from when the Doctor aborted his therefore it only required Donna to touch it to kickstart the process. I think that this was somewhat like the nanogenes from the Empty child, whereby the regeneration process took Donnas DNA as a template meaning that it created the Doctor with a Human body. However the Timelord genetic material was retained and therefore so was hims memories and his nervous system.
                  In essence the Human Doctor had the anatomy of a human but the mind of a Timelord still.

During this process it is clear that there was also some transference over to Donna. I'm assuming this is down to the Timelords psychic abilities. Therefore the Doctors mind was downloaded into Donnas brain. But otherwise Donna was just a normal human. Her DNA was still human. It was just the contents of her brain that had become Timelord. Her genetics hadn't really altered.

As for the Chameleon arch, well it was built to alter Timelord DNA. Something that they are able to do through regeneration anyway so quite frankly their bodies are used to it. A human body however is much more fragile and besides that since Donna was still human you'd just be extracting the memories, which is not it's primary purpose. It was much more easily executed by the Doctor doing the psychic link and hiding the memories from her.

Comment

Quite simple.

The Doctor had essentially a Timelord mind and nervous system still, whereas donna merely had a timelord mind downloaded into her brain.

Think of it like this.

We can assume that a Timelord has at least some form of genetic memory. This would explain how the Human Doctor still knows who he is even though he is grown from just a hand. It would also explain how the Doctor retains all his memories even when his entire genetic structure alters during regeneration.

Now the hand was filled with regeneration energy from when the Doctor aborted his therefore it only required Donna to touch it to kickstart the process. I think that this was somewhat like the nanogenes from the Empty child, whereby the regeneration process took Donnas DNA as a template meaning that it created the Doctor with a Human body. However the Timelord genetic material was retained and therefore so was hims memories and his nervous system.
                    In essence the Human Doctor had the anatomy of a human but the mind of a Timelord still.

During this process it is clear that there was also some transference over to Donna. I'm assuming this is down to the Timelords psychic abilities. Therefore the Doctors mind was downloaded into Donnas brain. But otherwise Donna was just a normal human. Her DNA was still human. It was just the contents of her brain that had become Timelord. Her genetics hadn't really altered.

As for the Chameleon arch, well it was built to alter Timelord DNA. Something that they are able to do through regeneration anyway so quite frankly their bodies are used to it. A human body however is much more fragile and besides that since Donna was still human you'd just be extracting the memories, which is not it's primary purpose. It was much more easily executed by the Doctor doing the psychic link and hiding the memories from her.

OK thanks..........what about the Immortality gate then?

Comment

OK thanks..........what about the Immortality gate then?
                      What about it?

Comment

What about it?

Could that fix Donna?

I am trying to think up crazy fan ideas to repair Donna

Comment

it is an interesting concept
                          sigpic

Comment

Could that fix Donna?

I am trying to think up crazy fan ideas to repair Donna
                            Possibly but it could be quite dangerous to do so. Besides I think that was pretty much wrecked when the Doctor stopped The Timelords.

But even then I'm not sure it would cos from the looks of it the Immortality Gate fixes physical issues. And from the sounds of it Donnas issueis that she simply has too much knowledge.

Comment

i agree with u
                              sigpic

Comment

Is this the one where they travel to the Shadow Proclamation?

Does anyone have what the Doctor says to the Judoon written down. I'm trying to learn that line?

Comment

Working...
                                X