Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-9's friends with the Asgard!!!
    Originally posted by Craig Charles
    "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Now this was fantastic. Just the whole thing. There was not one bad bit. Not one little "that just ain't right" moment in the whole thing. It was just perfect.

Davros was just as mad and insane as he ever was. The Daleks are back to being incredibly scary.

The Doctor had a really sad ending. Incredibly sad. He's all alone again. Yes Donna lost out on all those amazing things she's done but at least she's got her family and her friends and she'll live her life as she always did fairly happily.

Speaking of Donna. She was fantastic in this. I mean really amazing. Cathrine Tate is a great actress. I had great doubts when she started and I didn't like her in Runaway Bride but she was serriously good. And the way she left leaves it open for a future storyline that they'd be mad not to exploit. Afterall. The knowledge in her head is merely surpressed as I understand it. So if Davros or the Master or any other bad guy comes about they could easily capture her and exploit all the knowledge.

As for everyone else.....

Rose gets her happy ending at last which is great. Still a bit of sadness there since she can't see all those wonderful things in the TARDIS but she has her very own doctor which is just human enough to love her the way she wants.

Jack, Martha and Mickey all heading off to Torchwood. I think they'll make a good team with Ianto and Gwen.

Sarah Jane, Great to see her again. I can't say I watch the Sarah Jane adventures but still great to see her again in the show. Hope we do again at some point.

While we're on the subject....K9!!!!

So anyway I do have to say that i was amazed by this. it had me feeling loads of emotions all the way along. Anger at Davros. Joy and Amazement at three doctors. Shock and Horror at everyone getting captured. And Sadness at the Doctor being all alone again. I have to admit that I did actually cry at the end. All the way through the End with Rose and Donna I was holding it back but I couldn't help but let a tear slip when Wilfred said his line at the end and saluted the Doctor.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
        I'm a little concerned about River Song being a companion in the future. I mean, yeah, I like her, but she can't die in any episode she's in. She's invincible. Can't be vinced. We know her future, so there's very little peril for her...mind you, it's a very interesting plot device. Of course, with Steven Moffat, who wrote the episodes that introduced her, now helming the show, it's very likely that we'll see her again eventually. I don't really mind though, since Moffat tends to write brilliant stuff (Blink anyone?).
        As I wrote in one of my earlier posts, I really think River meets and maybe falls in love with DoctorII... I don't think The Doctor looked different to her only older to her. Rose said that in the AUverse they were working on a kind of time machine, well if you have a time machine you might be able to travel in dimensions like the TARDIS does, also they now have a Time Lord (part there of) to help refine it.

I honestly think River met and maybe married the half human version of The Doctor... he is part human but part Time Lord there is no saying how long he could really live for is there? He could have out lasted Rose in the end. We may never know... but if we never see or hear from River again I will not be surprised.

The only thing that I can't remember was if River's Doctor had two hearts... *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
          First and foremost I hate what they did with Donna.
          I agree most profusely. What a horrible fate! Worse than death. And speaking of "death" as in the "death" of a companion... was there a scene I missed, or did no companion actually "die"? Unbelievable.

The ending was exactly the same as the one at the end of seasons 2, 3, and 4... namely, the Doctor, sad, in the TARDIS, alone... it's a record being played over and over again, stop it!

In fact, it's lucky they are taking a break for a bit, because the series has not only found it's groove, it's now stuck in a groove, and cannot get out. The formula of the Doctor+female companion+TARDIS+Earth in unrelenting peril = ... oh sorry, I just nodded off. They are going in circles and it's all becoming a bit old frankly.

The Children of Time all looked like they couldn't get out of that TARDIS soon enough and run away from the Doctor man. How horrible.

Still, of course I cannot deny the episode did have it's moments of wonderment. Yes I loved the German Daleks and the group coming together to fly the TARDIS and even worried the TARDIS was about to die (actually I wished they had trashed it more to give them an excuse to reconstruct the set for next year)... but, all in all, a very anti-climactic season finale. With no cliffhanger. Just a lame ass Cybermen Christmas teaser that had us all groaning in disapproval.

If the Daleks are gone for good I will happily say nicer things about the episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
            An awesome finale (with the exception of the craptacular Bad Wolf Bay scene).

David Tennant, Catherine Tate and Bernard Cribbins put in exceptional performances.

Donna’s fate was really heartbreaking - probably worse than if she had actually died, in a way… And I loved it. Brilliant.
            Agreed on all counts. I'm more upset about Donna having the best memories of her life excised from her mind than I was about Adric (and I loved Adric).

From my own PoV it's incredibly frustrating to know that the best companion ever (well, I think so anyway) is still alive, still wanted to travel with the Doctor, still would want to if given a chance; but doesn't even know that she did once travel space, and didn't even get fussed when "John Smith" said goodbye to her. She's the only companion or guest actor who can't ever be re-used, in a show where practically everyone gets to come back sooner or later.

Osterhagen: anagram of Earth's Gone, right? But funny that it's a real place too.

The line-up of returning companions was even bigger than I'd expected, with Mickey and Jackie turning up and even K9 having a cameo. I think it was a good move to limit Luke, Ianto, Gwen and Mr Smith to one or two scenes each, because any more people involved in the main story would have made it too crowded. As it was, it was just right, everyone had something to do in the plot (except poor Jackie, but at least that made her unique ) and it was fun seeing all the old faces again.

As for CT and DT, it was uncanny the way they managed to each bring elements of the other into their acting. They must've worked on that for ages, I can't believe it can have been at all easy, but it was a joy to watch. The second time around, Donna's "where shall we go next" speech was heartbreaking; first time around it seemed OTT until you started to see that something was wrong, but second time when you know all along that she's only got a few seconds left, and it's so similar to the Doctor's motormouth equivalent to Martha just before she left, when he knew that a goodbye was imminent. Crikey it hurt, more than a TV show ought to.

Rose... always selfish but I'd hoped she'd grow out of it. She gets given a perfect version of the man of her dreams, and she's still trying to chase after a 'better' one. Meh.

Jack got all the funny stuff this ep. LOL at Mickey calling Jack 'Captain Cheesecake', and at Donna's "no really, hug me". And Jack's line about not being able to say what he was thinking? etc

I liked the Daleks better in this than I have in ages - the looney Caan and the not much less bonkers Davros were excellent foils for the Doctor. But even so, I hope to goodness that it's a good few years before we see anything resembling giant pepperpot with whisk & plunger again. Every time the Daleks turn up it makes the previous year's effort in getting rid of the Daleks once and for all seem a bit, er, cheap. Some (all?) villans should be used sparingly. Familiarity breeds contempt, less is more, and all that. I want to be SURPRISED by the Daleks again one day. But anyway, the Daleks were pleasingly ambitious this time, no pansying about trying to take over a skyscraper or even a planet, just destroying the whole flippin' universe.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              As I wrote in one of my earlier posts, I really think River meets and maybe falls in love with DoctorII... I don't think The Doctor looked different to her only older to her. Rose said that in the AUverse they were working on a kind of time machine, well if you have a time machine you might be able to travel in dimensions like the TARDIS does, also they now have a Time Lord (part there of) to help refine it.

I honestly think River met and maybe married the half human version of The Doctor... he is part human but part Time Lord there is no saying how long he could really live for is there? He could have out lasted Rose in the end. We may never know... but if we never see or hear from River again I will not be surprised.

The only thing that I can't remember was if River's Doctor had two hearts... *shrugs*
              I still think that there isn't any proof that River song married the Doctor, and certainly not that it was anyone but the original. Doctor II is stuck in the AU and if that door opens again then we're going to get stuck with Rose coming back, so I really hope not. As to the Doctor II significantly outliving Rose, since I can't see them ever killing off Rose, that would mean he had to live sufficiently monger than her that the whole 'I only have one life' thing would have been an utterly outrageous lie.

Plus she specifically mentioned not just his time machine but his TARDIS, and even if they build Doctor II a time machine, it wouldn't be a TARDIS.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Ackackackackack. I love this show. I really do.

Regeneration - aaack! I do think they missed a trick there cos if DT really was leaving it coul have been the perfect way to hide it - but I'm not complaining! not at all! May we have a lot more Tennants.
                Donna. So sad. My heart broke. I think in a way, what happened to her was worse than death. Because had she died there and then, she would have died acheiving things, being someone, realising her potential. Now she lives on, but she lives on as someone who's been told all her life she's worthless and really does believe that - like the Doctor commented at Sylvia, she should tell her she's the most important woman in the world every once in a while... and all her amazing experiences are gone. I know the Doctor angsts about people dying etc... but I don't think he had the right to take that from Donna. Donna Noble, you will be badly missed. Catherine Tate, you are one hell of an actress!
                That scene on the beach... sigh. I'm not sure it's fair towards Rose. She got her happy ending, but, looking at Donna etc - she's never given the chance to get over the Doctor, to become her own woman.. so she spent some time alone in the parallel universe, but all she's done was to try adn get back with the Doctor, and now she's got her half-Doctor and can sort of pretend he's the real thing... and she'll never get past that. It was a touching scene and it's nice as a superficial happy ending for the character, and it's a good way to close her story froever, but it's a shame they define this marvelous character by her need for the Doctor - all the other companions were allowed to find their defining moments elsewhere, especialy if we look at Martha and Jack who defined themsevles by leaving the Doctor.
                Tardis full of companions! Two Doctors! Donna acting like the Doctor and the Doctor acting liek Donna! K9! Gwen is related to gwynyth! Tardis full of companions! Jack and Donna flirting! Mickey and Jack! the Doctor not letting Jackie fly the Tardis! JACKIE!(I was so horrified there for a second when she didn't make it out with Mickey adn Sarah Jane). Daleks speaking German!! hear me squee.

And it looks like MArtha and Mickey are joining Torchwood?

My only complaints (other than the Rose bit) is that the rumours aboutb the MAster turned out to be wrong. Hell, everyone else showe up, even the Judoon! :'(
                I'm completely in lvoe witht his show and can't bel;ieve I have to wait almost two years til regular episodes resume. What will I obsess about now!
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                  I agree most profusely. What a horrible fate! Worse than death. And speaking of "death" as in the "death" of a companion... was there a scene I missed, or did no companion actually "die"? Unbelievable.
                  Donna died. No not physically but the Donna we knew and cherished died. She doesn't even remember anymore the woman she has become. She is back again in being the shrill woman who shouts at the world and that is a realy tragedy.
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    I'm completely in lvoe witht his show and can't bel;ieve I have to wait almost two years til regular episodes resume. What will I obsess about now!
                    Don't even remind me of that. Just think happy thoughts: We still have four specials and five Torchwood episodes. That is a pityfull amount of episodes I know but at least we won't be left with nothing for the next two years. Also there are those audio books (of which I own four) and fanfics...though i ahven't found any real decent ones yet =( I am out to hunt those books that are out of print that were written by RTD and Stephen Moffat.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                      Don't even remind me of that. Just think happy thoughts: We still have four specials and five Torchwood episodes. That is a pityfull amount of episodes I know but at least we won't be left with nothing for the next two years. Also there are those audio books (of which I own four) and fanfics...though i ahven't found any real decent ones yet =( I am out to hunt those books that are out of print that were written by RTD and Stephen Moffat.
                      I'm planning on writing a couple of fanfics now i've seen those last few eps. Hopefully I'll do a good enough job on them that you can enjoy them.

Comment

Seriously, I think it would have been better for Donna to die, knowing what she did and spending her last few hours or days with her family. That is just a really horrible end for such an awesome character (who I initially hated, and now think is the best companion the Doctor's ever had!).

Ah well, at least leaving her alive leaves a tiny little doorway for her return. Remember the surprise finales for previous series: regeneration, donna appearing the tardis, titanic colliding with the tardis...now imagine series five's finale: Donna's return.
                        Last edited by Sealurk; 06 July 2008, 05:30 AM. Reason: Missed out character's name
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          Seriously, I think it would have been better for Donna to die, knowing what she did and spending her last few hours or days with her family. That is just a really horrible end for such an awesome character (who I initially hated, and now think is the best companion the Doctor's ever had!).

Ah well, at least leaving her alive leaves a tiny little doorway for her return. Remember the surprise finales for previous series: regeneration, donna appearing the tardis, titanic colliding with the tardis...now imagine series five's finale: Donna's return.
                          Well like I said in my previous post, it is entirely left open for Donna to return. The Doctor didn't erase all those memories, merely surpressed them. Includeing all the knowledge of the Doctor. So the easiest thing to do to bring her back is to have one of the Doctors enemies learning of the knowledge in her brain and kidnapping her to use her for some nefarious circumstance. Afterall. How much damage could be caused with the knowledge of a Timelord like the doctor.

Comment

Having Donna just die would've been too cliche and expected, what they did was a very imaginative way of doing things and still have the fans feel asif the character had died or even something worse than death.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

Not to sound harsh but ... I think that would ruin it. That was one of the finest endings to any series i've watched. It was an incredibly potent ending, so bitter (and horrific) that bringing her back two years down the line would ruin everything the last two episodes were about.
                              Much like Rose coming back actually. Doomsday isn't quite as emotional knowing that she comes back 2 years later with almost no character growth. And SGA's Sunday falls into the same column now that I think about it.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I have a lot of conflicting feelings about this episode. It felt like it rushed through certain parts, and then took too long on others. But saying that (plus some plot holes and a wee bit of hokey dialogue) i really enjoyed it! Entertained me greatly.

One question i have, isn't Billie Piper meant to be in one or more of the upcoming specials? If so, how the heck is that gonna work now??
                                What do you do for recreation?
                                Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Comment

Working...
                                X