Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leilore
    replied
    Overall: Mostly enjoyable. Anyone who is not the Doctor, Martha, Jack, the Master, and ChanTho were just distractions. Would watch again but will skip a lot of scenes.

Liked: David Tennant. Jack's convo with the Doctor. Seeing the culture of another alien species. I watch anime so Chantho's way of speaking was somewhat familiar. The Professor as the Master reveal.

Disliked: Futurekind. Lack of emotional connection to the fate of human-kind due to story-telling. Cheap looking visuals once again.

Most Memorable Moment: Jack and Doctor hear to heart. Professor into Master.

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    The Master is great!

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    Great to see Captain Jack again! I enjoyed this episode, hope the next one is as good.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by Utopia! View Post
    Maybe humans ended-up here after they explored the universe... Maybe the Master chose to go there because he knew somehow, that the Doctor would find him... Maybe the Time Lords are behind this...
    In my opinion, the Master was so scared of the Time War that he chose to run away and hide far from Gallifrey and the War... Indeed, the End of the Universe is a good place to hide!

Seriously, I guess this is, once again, an unanswered question. I'll try to watch again the episode...
    I guess it's a lot of unanswered things since that signal started way before the Master had arrived. One of the many things that happen in Who that fans can speculate about.

Leave a comment:

• Utopia!
    replied
    Maybe humans ended-up here after they explored the universe... Maybe the Master chose to go there because he knew somehow, that the Doctor would find him... Maybe the Time Lords are behind this...
    In my opinion, the Master was so scared of the Time War that he chose to run away and hide far from Gallifrey and the War... Indeed, the End of the Universe is a good place to hide!

Seriously, I guess this is, once again, an unanswered question. I'll try to watch again the episode...

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Sorry for the massive thread necro.....

But I've been watching this third series again and something in Utopia I still don't really get.

The Master turns himself human to escape the Daleks and the time war, but when he becomes Yana how the blazes did he end up at the end of the universe? And as for the "Utopia Project" that's been going for thousands of years so who or what sent the signal from that part of space for people to go there?

The project was active for thousands of years so it couldn't have been The Master that created that project. So something left unanswered I guess.

Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    who knows something may have happened during the war and the tardis was destroyed and he made his memory go so the others if they survive don't find him but who knows anything couldhave happened

Leave a comment:

• Pharaoh Atem
    replied
    it was ok i think their could have reintroudeced the master better then this but meh

nice tio see jack back and that chat he and the doc had was great

Leave a comment:

• P-90_177
    replied
    Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    The Classic Who seemed to have established that the Tardis has a tendency to home in on weird stuff, to the extent of ignoring or adjusting the instructions the Doctor had given it

It's something that's continued in the new era. For example, it was supposed to go to London in the 1860s, but headed for Cardiff, because there was weirdness afoot; it was supposed to go to the 1980s but missed by 50 years, drawn by the Wire and the faceless people.

If the Tardis was, for some reason, to go forwards in time a little fast, it'd be more likely to end up heading for where the Master was than for any other specified place, I reckon.
    indeed. I always like to think that the following was going through the TARDIS' mind at the beginning of that ep.

*Jack grabs on*

"Oh crap! Captain Jack! Must escape!

*TARDIS begins heading for oblivion......passes by Yana*

"Ooooh maybe he'll kill them instead."

Leave a comment:

• Madeleine
    replied
    Originally posted by Dumper View Post
    So are we to believe that out of the entire universe and the entire length of the time-line, the Doctor just happens to land on a planet just in time for the Master to reappear? Just seems to me that it's pushing the believability factor way too much, even for Sci fi.
    The Classic Who seemed to have established that the Tardis has a tendency to home in on weird stuff, to the extent of ignoring or adjusting the instructions the Doctor had given it

It's something that's continued in the new era. For example, it was supposed to go to London in the 1860s, but headed for Cardiff, because there was weirdness afoot; it was supposed to go to the 1980s but missed by 50 years, drawn by the Wire and the faceless people.

If the Tardis was, for some reason, to go forwards in time a little fast, it'd be more likely to end up heading for where the Master was than for any other specified place, I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• Dumper
    replied
    Thank goodness for the last 5 minutes, otherwise this episode was nothing special at all. It's good to see Jack back but i felt the Doctor was unnecessarily cold towards him. So are we to believe that out of the entire universe and the entire length of the time-line, the Doctor just happens to land on a planet just in time for the Master to reappear? Just seems to me that it's pushing the believability factor way too much, even for Sci fi.

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    Well, I don't know how good Heroes was, but I think I made the right choice. "The Sound of Drums" was the most fun I had watching TV for a very long time.

At least 3 years, I would say.

Leave a comment:

• Wordsmit2
    replied
    Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    But that's part of the fun of Doctor Who! The anticipation!

Am I seriously the only person who appreciates that?
    I'm with ShadowMaat on this. A week--great! Fine! Personally, I love seeing an episode per week. I can savor and speculate.

But a year? I'll have forgotten why I was interested by then. For example, I missed the first three episodes of the current series of Doctor Who before I happened to have a free hour that coincided with a broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• Pitry
    replied
    Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    But that's part of the fun of Doctor Who! The anticipation!

Am I seriously the only person who appreciates that?
    Aye.

Leave a comment:

• Wordsmit2
    replied
    I mostly enjoyed it, except for most of the Futurekind crowd scenes, which felt like they were in desperate need of a choreographer, or at least an acting coach. But because I did enjoy so much of the episode, I resented being repeatedly kicked out of the drama by the annoyances:

Some of the editing was bewilderingly crude. Hopefully that was because it was the Sci-Fi Channel version?

The music. Ugh! It would have been a much more involving episode if there hadn't been any music. Instead, the mood kept getting spoiled by "42" crashing in at peculiar times.

I rolled my eyes when Yana, menacing Chantho with a sparking cable, identified himself. It cut into the suspense and turned the scene into a cliche. I rolled my eyes again when he named himself again later for no good reason. And when it got to the "Say my name!" scene I yelled at the screen "We know already!" Talk about sabotaging the drama. Why they didn't go with that scene alone as the great reveal? Sheesh! The audience who didn't know the significance would have been delightfully shocked that the Doctor knew him, and those that did know would have been cheering. Instead it was repetitive and felt like filler.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X