No announcement yet.

Utopia (2911/311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Scream of the Shalka" was a Flash Animated Dr. Who story made a number of years ago. It starred Richard E. Grant as the Doctor, and Derek Jacobi as an android version of the Master.

You should be able to find it somewhere on the Dr. Who pages of the BBC website.

Best line?
    The Doctor: "You left the umbrella stand in the Zeppelin hanger - again..."
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
      We don't know that, there could have been many doctors between eight and nine, I still desperately want the Shalka Doctor to become cannon.
      but he told sarah jane that he'd regenerated a half dozen times since they'd last met.
      that to me shows that he is the tenth doctor. (also gotta say the number 10 fits in nicely with the fact that he is the best doctor there is)
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        but he told sarah jane that he'd regenerated a half dozen times since they'd last met.
        that to me shows that he is the tenth doctor. (also gotta say the number 10 fits in nicely with the fact that he is the best doctor there is)
        And also in Human Nature, it showed a diagram of all ten doctors in his journal.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I had forgotten the explicit mentions that showed he is indeed the 10th Doctor.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Ok here's a link to The Scream of the Shalka http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/shalka/ and it's 9 regenerations and 10 Doctors, obviously the first Doctor was the original from birth (I'm assuming) the first regeneration was from Dr 1 into Dr 2 and so on

Comment

As to whether or not Utopia exists, maybe there is a clue in the name.

Utopia is Greek for "No Place." It's why Moore chose the name for his book: no place really could be his land of Utopia.

I think maybe what Yana said, that people needed hope, was true and that it was all a sham that existed to stop everyone getting horribly depressed. Whoever started it might have thought they were doing good.

I would like to know for sure though, before the end of the current series.

Madeleine

Comment

Finally back online after moving house.

Nice episode.

Ok I know this is an SG based forum but I really think that the pointy teeth loonies deserve the name "Goa". This stands for "Grossly over acted"

2 things this series wasted time, money and effort on was this crowd and the pig men. Both should have been discarded.

Comment

I wonder...

Could Jack be the father of the timelords? Time is after all a big wibbly wobbly timey whimy ball.

Comment

i doubt it somehow.

Comment

*sulks* what's wrong with squeeing?!
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

nothing........why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanduay View Post
                          I wonder...

Could Jack be the father of the timelords? Time is after all a big wibbly wobbly timey whimy ball.
                          Explaining their immunity to all but the most fatal of deaths? Could be.

Madeleine

Comment

At the beginning it was great.

Jack: *Running to Tardis* Doooctor!!!!

Comment

Alright! The episode finally premiers tonight in Canada on CBC!!

So far so good. The music is once again EXCELLENT, and I'm reallly anticipating the ending (yes, I know the twist), still, I can't wait to see it.

Unfortunately, I missed a tiny bit. Can anyone help me with filling in a small quote? Basically, it's the part where Martha finds Jack's Doctor hand, and then the Doctor reveals that he's the last of the time lord...then I missed something...and then Martha said that the Doctor always surprises her or some such. What did I miss? What was the surprise?!

Help!

Comment

Martha: [sarcastic] What? So you 'grew' another hand?
                                Doctor: Yep. I did, yep.
                                Martha: .....
                                Doctor: [waves fingers] Hello!
                                Martha: You 'grew' another hand?!
                                Doctor: Hey, it's me! Look!

[he shakes her hand]

Martha: (relieved) Oh you're full of surprises...
                                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                                X