Utopia (2911/311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Nice idea if creepy, but honestly The Doctor seemed shocked and pleased and frightened that The Master was alive, it seemed to me that he was wanting to make The Master realise that they are the only two left... I didn't get the I hate you I want you dead vibe from him, I still maintain it was the T.A.R.D.I.S he was talking to, although if it was The Master, his 'sorry' may have been about not realising The Master survived, not looking for him....

*The Master is a coward, imho The Master ran and hid from The Time War*
    Very possibly - but that's the thing, I'd have thought the Doctor would have taken the precaution to either have someone in him telling him to open the watch or not putting a perception filter on it or something, letting the watch talk him into opening it when it's safe to, well, come out. It looks a bit careless - if it wasn't for the Doctor stumbling on him, he'd have died. - but the truth is, we still don't know how he got his Time Lord body back! It might be connected.
    ...Well, I guess we'll find out soon. Not soon enough tho

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    Just thought I'd remind everyone, the final episode of the season... what is it called again??
    Well, yes. And yet, the number of times the Master has died in the show...
    I agree with the sentiment, tho, I really hope John Simm will be back after this series. He's just brilliant.

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    Why did he take the Doctor's hand? (that was a neat scene, too, with Martha finding it)
    Wasn't it already in hte TARDIS? Sides, now he's got a Doctor Detector, too.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
      *The Master is a coward, imho The Master ran and hid from The Time War*
      I think The Master was probably trapped in the watch as punishment, he was probably working with the Daleks, he worked with the Cybermen (for a while) in The Five Doctors

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        Why did he take the Doctor's hand? (that was a neat scene, too, with Martha finding it)
        Cos it's a Dr detector? So he'll have warning if the Dr approaches?

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        Very possibly - but that's the thing, I'd have thought the Doctor would have taken the precaution to either have someone in him telling him to open the watch or not putting a perception filter on it or something, letting the watch talk him into opening it when it's safe to, well, come out. It looks a bit careless - if it wasn't for the Doctor stumbling on him, he'd have died.
        I thought that was actually a very telling point about the difference between the Dr and the Master. The Dr had Martha to bring him back; he had someone he could trust, who would look after him and make sure he didn't get lost. The Master didn't have that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          I thought that was actually a very telling point about the difference between the Dr and the Master. The Dr had Martha to bring him back; he had someone he could trust, who would look after him and make sure he didn't get lost. The Master didn't have that.
          Maybe he did or thought he did, it wouldn't be the first time The Master thought he could use someone for his own ends only to have them double cross him. Or maybe he just had no choice, this was his only option to escape, he took the risk that his human self would eventually open the watch, I mean really who goes that long with a watch and doesn't try and open it? Oh it was stuck... really.

Also we have no idea if anyone else can put this in place without the consent of the TimeLord in question.

Just too many questions at the moment, including just how he managed to regenerate (especially so easily ) in the first place.

Comment

Fantastic! 10/10 from me.

The Doctor and his whole "Heel, Rover" attitude to Jack's flirting had me in stitches.

And the return of the Master!!!!!!!

*sits back and waits for Saturday night*
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

That "Down Boy" stuff was so reminiscant of Christopher Ecclestone's Doctor in the final two parter of the first series and the "Hello" waving of the hand too

Comment

And in the trailer for next week? UNIT gets a mention!

*performs Dance of Joy with extra emphatic pointy finger gestures*

Happy-happy, joy-joy, happy-happy, joy-joy!
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Confirmation from the episode's "Fact File" on the official Dr Who website:

Among the sounds heard by the troubled Professor Yana are the words and laughter of earlier incarnations of The Master.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool! Does this mark a first for Classic clips of any sort in the Revised version? I'm sure it must. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy for some reason

Madeleine

Comment

Ummm... Yeah, I do believe this is the first time that a clip from classic Dr. Who has been used in the current series.

But it's notable that it was a couple of audio clips. Maybe they cost less to clear, legally speaking?
                      sigpic

Comment

The must have to clear things with, the original scriptwriters and the families of Roger Delgardo and Anthony Ainley too

Comment

Remember all the legal hoops they had to jump through two years ago with the estate of Terry Nation, just so they could use the Daleks?

It's a complicated business, who owns the rights to what...
                          sigpic

Comment

Excellent and fantastic episode... I was on the edge of my seat!!!!

I am so excited he is back! I only just recently watched The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis and Castrovalva. I look forward to The Sound Of Drums, The Last of The Time Lords, and the Christmas episode.

Mattathias

Comment

Just rewatched this ep. Oh I love it so. *wants to huggle the Dr and Jack*

P.S. Soooo love the moment of the two of them running down the corridor with their long coats flapping out behind them!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                Remember all the legal hoops they had to jump through two years ago with the estate of Terry Nation, just so they could use the Daleks?

It's a complicated business, who owns the rights to what...
                                Not really as I understand it, The BBC doesn't own the rights to The Daleks, they are in the hands of TN Estate (his family) so of course it was up to them to decide if The BBC could use them, all the other characters and monsters *as far as I know* are owned by The BBC including The Master. The BBC also owes all the rights to the classic series, but again if The Daleks appear they have to clear it with TN Estate... this is why in Australia we didn't get to see many of The Dalek based eps when the Classic series was re-shown. *not sure we saw any actually*

Comment

Working...
                                X