Utopia (2911/311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
    I think Jon Simm's master is gonna be as mad and bonkers as DT's doctor. Just evil, seemed that way.
    He does seem that way, doesn;t he?
    trailer spoilers.
    Spoiler:
    the way he kept jumpign up and down, it erally felt like he's trying to overdo DT's energy....which is fantastic, I'm loving it. Two bonkers Time Lords!

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    nonononononononononononono!!! they can't get rid of the master already. there's too much potential there with john simm.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that much like the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Master in the old series, he'd be killed again and agaiun and again...

As for the sorry, it's also possible he said it to Jack and Martha because he was trying to break the TARDIS? Ebnding getting everyone stranded, jsut not to let the Master get away?
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Not killed killed, I hope. I want Simm to hang around for a while.

Comment

Spoiler:
        The Master Returns!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see next weeks episode. Only 2 more to go I think.
        "You don't know half of it".
        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

that was awesome! I just watched it somewhere. What is the doctor going to do now? I cant wait for The Sound of Drums.

Comment

he'll just use jacks space hopper with a couple of modifications to make it more accurate. otherwise they wouldn't have made such a deal of pointing it out or making sure jack had it on him for the ep.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Oh, and not being much of a Trekkie, I didn't think of the Ferengi at all, although the sharpened teeth did seem familiar for other reasons. If I figure out why, I'll post about it. I'm thinking some lame vampire movie, probably...
              Don't the Reevers in Firefly do it?

Edit: Whooo! 200th Post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                Don't the Reevers in Firefly do it?

Edit: Whooo! 200th Post!!!
                I admit, I did see those Futurekind and immediately say, "Reavers!"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  I admit, I did see those Futurekind and immediately say, "Reavers!"
                  They aren't really creepified enough to be Reavers.

I personally thought of the psuedoaliens from Sliders (I can't recall what they were called now, I think it began with a K).
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Having rewatched the episode *tries to look innocent and not obssessive at all* - re: the sorry thingie. I got the impression from both that scene and the fact the Doctor knwew there was something fishy in the whole another Tiem Lord bit that mayeb he's the one who didb it to hte Master? And now he was apologising for trappign him as a human and letting him grow old and die?...

Oy! The lot from Sliders! Yeah, they reminded me them as well!
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

They didn't remind me of the Kromaggs at all *sighes* (still hoping for seasons 4 & 5 on DVD (but thats an issue for another thread))

I think reaver is closer to the mark, since they both kept their human features.

Comment

I could have sworn I heard one of the Futurekind say "hooomans" like a Ferengi. All that was missing were the lobes, orange skin and butt for a head. Well, erm, so they obviously look nothing like the Ferengi then.

Maybe it's just the implants the actors wear that causes similar vocal inflections. The "Show us yer teeth" method of screening for Futurekind was cool and funny. Well it made me chuckle anyway. Wait a minute. How did that Futurekind girl get past the screening and into the facility. Did I miss something?
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                          They aren't really creepified enough to be Reavers.

I personally thought of the psuedoaliens from Sliders (I can't recall what they were called now, I think it began with a K).
                          If memory serves they were called Kromaggs, and started the downfall of the series.

Back to "Doctor Who", and I must (as others before me) express my utter joy in the return of
                          Spoiler:
                          the master!
                          sigpic
                          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            Having rewatched the episode *tries to look innocent and not obssessive at all* - re: the sorry thingie. I got the impression from both that scene and the fact the Doctor knwew there was something fishy in the whole another Tiem Lord bit that mayeb he's the one who didb it to hte Master? And now he was apologising for trappign him as a human and letting him grow old and die?...
                            Nice idea if creepy, but honestly The Doctor seemed shocked and pleased and frightened that The Master was alive, it seemed to me that he was wanting to make The Master realise that they are the only two left... I didn't get the I hate you I want you dead vibe from him, I still maintain it was the T.A.R.D.I.S he was talking to, although if it was The Master, his 'sorry' may have been about not realising The Master survived, not looking for him....

*The Master is a coward, imho The Master ran and hid from The Time War*

Comment

I hope they don't kill the Master off at the end, I'd like to see him back, just as long as they don't let him become over-used like the Daleks
                              Just thought I'd remind everyone, the final episode of the season... what is it called again??
                              sigpic

Comment

A good episode, but not great - until the last 15 minutes.

It was cool to have Jack back. The Doctor/Jack scene through the window was excellent - very well written and acted. (although I thought David Tennant looked kind of sinister...) I loved how even though they're talking about really serious stuff, they still joke about it.

Derek Jacobi was superb, in "both" roles. He handled the change from slightly bumbling yet brilliant Professor to, well, the Master brilliantly. If the story had been different, he'd have made a really good Master. (reminded me a lot of Roger Delgado in his speech - and I liked the little sound clip of RD)

John Simm was great. The hyperactive Master was cool - "Hello Doctor! Oh new voice... Hello, HELLO!" - yet evil.
                                Why did he take the Doctor's hand? (that was a neat scene, too, with Martha finding it)

8/10

Comment

Working...
                                X