Utopia (2911/311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    more likely that they'll use jacks space hopper.......
    wouldnt the master have left a tardis around, he did have one and how else could he have got to that time

Comment

Just thought of something the Doctor's old hand, that Jack used to to track him, is still in the TARDIS. I think that explains how they find out where he went?

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours View Post
        Just thought of something the Doctor's old hand, that Jack used to to track him, is still in the TARDIS. I think that explains how they find out where he went?
        Martha recognised his voice as well...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

EDIT: Drat, beaten to it

Actually, Martha said she recognised The Master's voice (for reasons obvious if you've seen the trailers, I won't post it because its a spoiler for the next episode), so they would know exactly where to go because of her.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
            Martha recognised his voice as well...
            I noticed that too, although
            Spoiler:
            we still dont know much about the Mr. Saxon dynamic.
            Maybe she saw him on TV.
            Last edited by Madeleine; 16 June 2007, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
              He absorbed the vortex when he kissed Rose, so he may have found out when the vortex was within him.
              Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
              It's explained in the episode, the Timelords can sense such things. Besides that, the Doctor also stated that since Rose couldn't control the power (Flashback shows Rose with her saying 'I bring life' or something) she brought Jack back to life not as a mortal but as a fact, something that was never meant to happen.
              Yeah, it was mentioned that he could sense it, that Jack just "feels" wrong to him.. he said even the TARDIS sensed it and felt the wrongness and tried to shake him off.
              sigpic

Comment

lolz... Forgot to post.

I loved this episode. Pretty much everything with Jack was great. (I found the way he runs comical for some reason.) I also really loved all the interactions between Jack and The Doctor.

"Have you had work done?"

and

"Oh, will you stop!"
                "Maybe later, Blue."

... Did anyone else notice Martha chase after Jack slightly confused after that last bit?

And John Simm was awesome as The Master. Such an amazing actor.
                Last edited by Anubis69; 16 June 2007, 02:29 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                  I also laughed at the fact that this is the moment that my Dad, who's been watching the show since Rose worked out that Captain Jack was bisexual..
                  Lol. My brother didn't realise either until this episode. Then, we explained to him that John Barrowman was gay. He didn't speak for all of five seconds. It was funny.

However, this episode was fantastic. It was fantastic, did you think it was fantastic! It really was. The acting was amazing, as the plot, the cast. Everything.... I can't wait for next week.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

me is about all I can say about the ending. The actual plot was a bit naff but then we've been spoilt for the last few episodes, I love the Dr/Jack/Martha interactions, especially when Jack and Martha were b!tching about Rose, I really didn't see the Derek Jacobi/Master bit coming, you've got to love Jacobi and his great acting skills, John Simm didn't surprise me as it's one of the worst kept secrets ever that he was going to be The Master but I didn't expect him in this episode. On the Whole 6/10 for the story and 11/10 for everything else. As a fence sitting slasher can I say the pent up passion between Jack and the Doctor made my blood boil (in a good way)

Did anyone else yell "Ferengi" when Futurekind bared their teeth and said "Human"

Comment

*dies of awesomeness*

OMG! Captain Jack, back where he belongs! And acting like himself again! Hooray! Barrowman was FANTASTIC! And Jacobi was great, too. And... Dan Tho? The alien chick. The whole silliness with the "swearing" was cute.

So much awesomeness in one ep. Wow. I wonder if we're gonna find out more about the Fine Young Cannibals or if they're there merely as a distraction.

Will the Doctor be able to fix Jack's timey wimey device space hopper? Or did the Doctor simply program the TARDIS to drop the Master off whenever and then come back to him?

John Simm. *drools* I have to say, at first I was confusing him with the Doctor, but then he finally stopped yelling and spoke like Sam Tyler and it was all better. Or worse, I suppose. Oh, having Simm as the Master is going to be BRILLIANT! And having Simm, Barrowman and Tennant together on the same screen? Thunk Heaven!

The YANA thing was well played, too. I tried to make it into something when I saw the name on the screen, but came up blank.

Oh, and not being much of a Trekkie, I didn't think of the Ferengi at all, although the sharpened teeth did seem familiar for other reasons. If I figure out why, I'll post about it. I'm thinking some lame vampire movie, probably...

ONE WHOLE WEEK! ARGH!

And another squee for Jack's squeeing about being back with the Doctor. I wonder how that whole thing will end?

EDIT: Oooo, and LOVED how the Doctor was all, "Down, boy!" every time Jack tried to say hello to anyone. LOL!
                      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 16 June 2007, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Whoohoo! Yeah! Classic Who reborn...
                        Was there any doubt this would be a potential classic... still it's great not to be disappointed.

Great episode... The Future People had a touch of Moloch about them but other than that everything else was gold.

Derek Jacobi... a marvellous acting heavy weight... gave a wonderful performance as Professor Yana. The profound sadness that he portrayed when he heard the convo betweeen the Doctor and Jack was deeply moving. Pity he wasn't allowed to continue as the Master.

Jack and the Doctor played off each brilliantly... the dialogue, the banter was spot on. It's wonderful to see someone match the Doctor in exuberance and readiness for action. Crackling stuff.

Sheesh... John Simms was on for a mere minute and people on OG are already bagging his performance. I'm looking forward to seeing more of his Master.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                          Great episode... The Future People had a touch of Moloch about them but other than that everything else was gold.
                          Yes! The Moloch! Well, that's one of the things they reminded me of, anyway.

Sheesh... John Simms was on for a mere minute and people on OG are already bagging his performance. I'm looking forward to seeing more of his Master.
                          What's not to love about John Simm? He's awesome! *huggles Simm*
                          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 16 June 2007, 05:18 PM.

Comment

..wow i heard romers but i told my self im not beliveing it until i heard the words i am the master. i knew yana probly ment some thing but i could think of it. the best part of the whole show was when the master pull the watch out. i was yell at the screen for martha to shut up about the watch.

i freaked out when he was looking at the watch and you could hear a laugh that sound like the old master i had to stop for a sec and rewind to make sure i heard what it thought.

ok im clamed down a bit it was great to see cap jack again. the whole thing with him saying hi and the doctor telling him to stop was funny.

ok now i thought some one would have said this all ready or maybe they know some thing i don't. but how can the master have regrated when he all ready use up all his regartesons

Comment

When has The Master ever played by the rules? He's probably exploiting some loophole. I wonder if they'll explain it on the show or just kinda fudge it along?

Comment

OMG!

It's 5am and I've just finished watching Utopia! I was sat with my hands on my face and my eyes out on stalks from the moment the watch was revealed right through to the end of the ep. I need to go lie down in my bed now and let this all sink in. Wow!
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X